Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Husqvarna have a all new SITE --  (Read 1945 times)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
Husqvarna have a all new SITE --
« on: November 14, 2013, 06:30:52 am »
Here is the Link for the All New Husqvarna Site --

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en_us.html

People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Re: Husqvarna have a all new SITE --
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 06:33:12 am »
Cool, thanks blazes  :thumleft:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • President T7 fanclub
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 06:57:12 pm »
The new Huskies do look good  :drif: Imagine a 610/630 pushed to a full 650cc with those designs and Husky colours  :thumleft:
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline BLK

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 07:13:12 pm »
I don't see any dealers listed in SA?Will they be on the same floor as KTM?Certainly provide for Eye Candy.

Thks for link Blazes

Offline Crop Sprang

• Mark It Zero
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 07:28:02 pm »
The new Huskies do look good  :drif: Imagine a 610/630 pushed to a full 650cc with those designs and Husky colours  :thumleft:

now give this man a bells !!!!!!!
Whatever you're thinking, think the opposite

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 05:58:12 am »
I don't see any dealers listed in SA?Will they be on the same floor as KTM?Certainly provide for Eye Candy.

Thks for link Blazes

Nope --NEVER Going to see the Husky and KTM on the same floor being sold --SP is keeping them separate as he has decided to make Husky the Premium brand as it has all the trick bits on that the KTM has to pay extra for --Downside is that Husky will cost more than the KTM  ::)

Just look in A BIKING MAGAZINE FOR AGENTS -- ;)
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline White Rhino

• Save the White Rhino
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 06:25:26 am »
Try Bikers Warehouse on Malibongwe near Branbury shopping centre they carry the range.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, WR450 Rallye, KTM990 Adv, HP2, HPN635, 1200GS LC

Offline Bensien

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 06:44:53 am »
Spot the differences. It is quite sad. I was hoping that it would be more than just a rebranding exercise.
Why do things that only happen to stupid people always happen to me?

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 07:16:15 am »
They had 6 months to get a bike to show and launch --DONT expect a real reflection of what is to come --will most probably only see a Different Husky by 2015 ---

And remember Husaberg came from Husqvarna ---- ::) Husky engineers that went to start Husaberg ---Now Husaberg is no more ---
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 07:18:01 am by blazes »
Current Scooters --

Offline Bensien

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 07:35:26 am »
I know, but the last Husabergs were little more than rebadged KTMís. I did notice that the Husky has a linkage system on the rear suspension. I wonder if KTM will abandon the direct mount idea across the board next year.
Why do things that only happen to stupid people always happen to me?

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 07:49:48 am »
Badge engineering aside.

I'm glad Husky now has a owner that:
a) Cares about off road bikes and riding - BMW was trying to make it into a road bike brand FFS????
b) Understands that racing is the key to good off road bike development.  If you are not racing you quickly get left behind and your bikes wont be very good and wont sell.
c) Has re-united Husky and Husaberg - although I would imagine Husaberg fans wont feel the same  :-\
d) Has given Husky a future - BMW seemed intent on just shutting them down through pure incompetence (buy a brand with a long proud history for a lot of money and then just destroy it  ???)
e) Is showing real intent if the speed that things are moving and the scale of the marketing etc are anything to go by.

Only thing I'm not happy with is the high prices  >:(

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 07:51:07 am by alanB »
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline BLK

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 07:59:00 am »
Try Bikers Warehouse on Malibongwe near Branbury shopping centre they carry the range.

Thks

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 08:22:35 am »
Badge engineering aside.

I'm glad Husky now has a owner that:8
a) Cares about off road bikes and riding - BMW was trying to make it into a road bike brand FFS????
b) Understands that racing is the key to good off road bike development.  If you are not racing you quickly get left behind and your bikes wont be very good and wont sell.
c) Has re-united Husky and Husaberg - although I would imagine Husaberg fans wont feel the same  :-\
d) Has given Husky a future - BMW seemed intent on just shutting them down through pure incompetence (buy a brand with a long proud history for a lot of money and then just destroy it  ???)
e) Is showing real intent if the speed that things are moving and the scale of the marketing etc are anything to go by.

Only thing I'm not happy with is the high prices  >:(

100% +
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 08:43:22 am »
They had 6 months to get a bike to show and launch --DONT expect a real reflection of what is to come --will most probably only see a Different Husky by 2015 ---

And remember Husaberg came from Husqvarna ---- ::) Husky engineers that went to start Husaberg ---Now Husaberg is no more ---

Dream on  :peepwall:
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline dirtWarp

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 10:42:47 am »
Nope --NEVER Going to see the Husky and KTM on the same floor being sold --SP is keeping them separate as he has decided to make Husky the Premium brand as it has all the trick bits on that the KTM has to pay extra for --Downside is that Husky will cost more than the KTM  ::)

So SP basically removed Husaberg from the KTM dealer's floor and did not substitute its empty space with a Husky! WTF?
I was looking forward to having RAD Moto supporting Huskies.. instead, riding a Husky will yet again leave you at the mercy of some random dingy-ass bike shop.

And don't come and tell me that Primrose / ordering from Hall's in the US is the solution.
I need a heavy weight like KTM to support the brand.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:43:44 am by dirtWarp »

Offline dirtWarp

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2013, 10:47:50 am »
Spot the differences. It is quite sad. I was hoping that it would be more than just a rebranding exercise.
Being a Husaberg fan boy, I find nothing sad in that.
Husky engineers built the racing 4T line that KTM has today, from scratch I might add, and rebranding the Berg as Husky is simply perfect.
You, being a KTM fan will naturally disagree
 ;D

Offline BLK

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2013, 12:05:38 pm »
Nope --NEVER Going to see the Husky and KTM on the same floor being sold --SP is keeping them separate as he has decided to make Husky the Premium brand as it has all the trick bits on that the KTM has to pay extra for --Downside is that Husky will cost more than the KTM  ::)

So SP basically removed Husaberg from the KTM dealer's floor and did not substitute its empty space with a Husky! WTF?
I was looking forward to having RAD Moto supporting Huskies.. instead, riding a Husky will yet again leave you at the mercy of some random dingy-ass bike shop.

And don't come and tell me that Primrose / ordering from Hall's in the US is the solution.

You make good sense

:)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2013, 01:27:57 pm »
Luckily I no longer care a shit about what happens to KTM -- Husaberg --or even Husky ---

I have enough bikes to last me as nothing new in the DS market will be emerging in the near future '

Will just enjoy what I have ----- FFS I used to race KTM when they were blue and white ????

Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2013, 01:34:10 pm »
Looks like my old kit is back in fashion --what a bargain-- ;D

Current Scooters --

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 02:06:07 pm »

I've seen far more complaining about spares availability etc from the "heavy weight" BMW and KTM brand owners than from any Husky guys. 

So far the availability, response and prices regarding spares I've received from Primrose is better than when I had a BMW, and that's right through two changes of ownership in the Husky brand - you can say what you like, those are the facts.

Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.