Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Tim Noakes diet  (Read 45526 times)

Offline bomber

• Bike: KTM 690 Enduro
    • View Profile
Tim Noakes diet
« on: April 20, 2014, 02:12:58 pm »
or rather 'eating plan'. I have been on for 3 month and lost 6kg.... And the food tastes much better. Also have lots of energy and after some excercise I am not hangry at all... On carbs I used to be starving afterwards
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 02:14:04 pm by bomber »
couldn't fix my brakes so I made my horn louder

Offline Draadwerk

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • My job? Just something I do between rides....
    • View Profile
Re: Tim Noakes diet
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 02:23:48 pm »
Post the plan for us if you don't mind?

Offline Grrrr....

• ...I hate people. Yes, that includes you.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I am the goddamn Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 02:35:21 pm »

Here you go:

Cut out: potatoes, bread, pasta, flour.

Eat: eggs, fat and protein, vegetables that grow above ground and cut out fruit as much as possible.

We on the same diet but not Noakes's. My dad was following his book and went from 135kg to 98kg. He said he has cut back on some of the fat since the Noakes plan uses a lot of cream and butter etc and it made things to rich for him.

We have been on a low carb diet for 4 weeks. I have lost 4kgs and the wife 6 (...but she was pregnant so had more to "lose").

I love it. I don't ever feel hungry and feel like I have more energy. Weight loss has been slowish but I drop about a kilo a week, I just dipped under 90kgs. Want to lose at least 5 more.

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Hou die blink kant in!
    • View Profile
    • Koedoeskloof Country Lodge
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 02:41:40 pm »

Here you go:

Eat: eggs, fat and protein, vegetables that grow above ground and cut out fruit as much as possible.

We on the same diet but not Noakes's. My dad was following his book and went from 135kg to 98kg. He said he has cut back on some of the fat since the Noakes plan uses a lot of cream and butter etc and it made things to rich for him.

We have been on a low carb diet for 4 weeks. I have lost 4kgs and the wife 6 (...but she was pregnant so had more to "lose").

I love it. I don't ever feel hungry and feel like I have more energy. Weight loss has been slowish but I drop about a kilo a week, I just dipped under 90kgs. Want to lose at least 5 more.

Same here.
4 weeks, 4kgs.
Goin' down an' feelin' groovy!

Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258  http://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  facebook - Koedoeskloof Country Lodge, Dwarsrivier, Ladismith, WC
Life is like hitch hiking, just when you think you're not going to get a lift, you don't.

Offline bomber

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 03:04:41 pm »

Here you go:

And cut out beer, and ideally alcohol.  I really miss the beer.  but have one once in a while...

We actually use a lot of bacon now as it is good for flavour  as well as high fat.
What I also find is that once I have done a little excercise,  the fat loss actually accellerates. Not so much the weight but I can feel my midriff fat disappearing. Lot of my clothes now fall off....

Have a look at the CNA etc, there is a new mag out from TN where he has recipes and articles. [quote author=Draadwerk

Instead of butter for frying also use coconut oil. It comes in a little tub and works very well. not as rich as butter

link=topic=149423.msg2845468#msg2845468 date=1397996628]
[/quote]

He has a cook book that he did with a chef. the recipes are really awesome and tasty.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 03:06:09 pm by bomber »

Offline Grrrr....

• Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 03:19:37 pm »
We also use Coconut oil instead of vegetable oil.

The booze..... ja look. If I cut that out I would have lost even more weight. Beer isn't as bad.... I only drink beer on Friday afternoons, never at home but I can't cut out wine. But I am trying to drink less.

The only thing that my wife has given up on is baking. She has tried a few low carb baking ideas but none of them really works.

The one thing on this diet is when we go out or to friends and eat carbs we just carry on the next day. Eating a potato won't kill you so we eat it when we have to but cut it out the next day.

By the way, watch this....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/evcNPfZlrZs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/evcNPfZlrZs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;</a>

I happened to stumble onto it before we even considered going low carb but it is a interesting look on why we were told low fat was the way to go.

Here is how he explains why you get fat:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mNYlIcXynwE?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mNYlIcXynwE?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;</a>

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Hou die blink kant in!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 03:30:10 pm »
Use Xilitol instead of suger as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xylitol

"Possessing approximately 33% fewer calories, xylitol is a lower-calorie alternative to table sugar. Absorbed more slowly than sugar, it does not contribute to high blood sugar levels or the resulting hyperglycemia caused by insufficient insulin response. This characteristic has also proven beneficial for people suffering from metabolic syndrome, a common disorder that includes insulin resistance, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, and an increased risk for blood clots.[30] Xylitol is used as a sweetener in medicines, chewing gum and pastilles."

Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258  http://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  facebook - Koedoeskloof Country Lodge, Dwarsrivier, Ladismith, WC
Life is like hitch hiking, just when you think you're not going to get a lift, you don't.

Offline Grrrr....

• Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 03:33:25 pm »

Yip.

But I have started almost cutting out even that. The only thing I need a bit of xilitol in is instant coffee.

Offline bomber

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 03:37:50 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xylitol

"Possessing approximately 33% fewer calories, xylitol is a lower-calorie alternative to table sugar. Absorbed more slowly than sugar, it does not contribute to high blood sugar levels or the resulting hyperglycemia caused by insufficient insulin response. This characteristic has also proven beneficial for people suffering from metabolic syndrome, a common disorder that includes insulin resistance, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, and an increased risk for blood clots.[30] Xylitol is used as a sweetener in medicines, chewing gum and pastilles."

yep we use that for the rare occasion we do baking, but i take everything without sugar. also dont eat premade meals at all. those are loaded with sugar. we make all our meal from scratch.

search on YouTube. 'the men who made us fat'

The only thing that my wife has given up on is baking. She has tried a few low carb baking ideas but none of them really works.
Yes my wifr tried pumpkin fritters last night and it was a total fcukup. so in the end she was pissed with me.. WTF

The one thing on this diet is when we go out or to friends and eat carbs we just carry on the next day. Eating a potato won't kill you so we eat it when we have to but cut it out the next day.
Yes I used to be VERY disciplined, but then realised that now and then wont hurt, so now I dont make a fuss if I 'have to'  have a social beer or wine.

Offline Grrrr....

• Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 03:55:58 pm »
...search on YouTube. 'the men who made us fat'...

No need, Uncle Grrrr did it for you...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/E6nGlLUBkOQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/E6nGlLUBkOQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/owekbSp7wU0?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/owekbSp7wU0?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZlQHXkOUjeI?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZlQHXkOUjeI?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;</a>

Offline iamgigglz

• The Hula hoop is Dead. Long live the Hula hoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 05:29:51 pm »
swambo's been on this for 3 months; lost 11kg so far. I'm at my ideal weight, albeit more flab than muscle, but I haven't put on any weight since switching to this diet with swambo, and the food is awesome.

We almost exclusively cook with butter rather than any kind of oil. Everything tastes better when cooked with butter. Everything.
Bensien - Wife came home today with a Samsung 3D LED TV and 3D Blue Ray player with built in wi-fi and 1TB hard drive. What else do I need?
Kaboef - A cheaper wife.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 05:52:34 pm »
I have never been fond of pasta, bread,etc. , and I could feel that it was not good for me. Always ate fat, dairy, and I am slow in picking up weight, considering that I eat a lot of sugar.

Listen to your body.

Offline Cracker

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 05:53:38 pm »
Do you really have more energy eating this way?

I'm already thin and eat WTF I want but when I'm not out doing adrenalin/physical related exersize or work, I'm dog- tired and lethargic.

How does beer or other alcohol affect you, seeing as it's virtually all liquid?
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Hou die blink kant in!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 06:08:05 pm »
You should really read The Real Meal Revolution by Noakes.
It is unfortunately 19mb large and can't be uploaded here but I could mail it to whomever wants it.....

Offline Grrrr....

• Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 06:08:29 pm »

How does beer or other alcohol affect you, seeing as it's virtually all liquid?

Still has calories, empty ones....

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 06:12:13 pm »

Started this a few weeks back, dropped between 6kg and 8kg quite quickly then stabilized but that will happen.

Never liked bread, potatoes and crap but you can catch me in a trap with a nice crispy piece of fat on a chop.
I do have a sweet tooth but once you are used to cutting out sugar (takes a few weeks) it is no longer an issue.
Love cheese, butter and so on, so this way of eating is perfect for me.

Struggle with letting go of beer, have cut down a lot keep it for weekends now.

Edit: Have made a few of the recipes in the book, great food.  Also made the carb free bread and it works well and I like the taste (with real butter of course).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:03:18 pm by Garfield »

Offline Grrrr....

• Forum Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 06:20:59 pm »
Also made the carb free bread and it works well and I like the taste (with real butter of course).

I would be really interested in this!

Me, I LOOOOOOOOVE bread.........

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 06:23:20 pm »
Also made the carb free bread and it works well and I like the taste (with real butter of course).

Ek PM vir jou die dropbox link  :thumleft:

Offline OMO

• Bike: Honda XR500
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 06:48:56 pm »
Het self so paar ekstra onsies opgetel die afgelope jaar of wat, sal moet plan maak...

Offline 0012

• Secret Agent Double-oh-Tkwarf
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Race the rain. Ride the wind. Chase the sunset.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 06:49:30 pm »

Ek PM vir jou die dropbox link  :thumleft:

Stuur vir my ook assemblief!!!

->    Transalp 650 - sold
:(    Yamaha XT1200Z - written off - R.I.P.