Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Why you need crash bars..  (Read 817 times)

Offline Lootch67

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
Why you need crash bars..
« on: June 08, 2006, 09:48:13 am »
Had an unfortunate incident with a Ford KA (small car which looks like the bastard love child of a tortoise and a dung beetle) on the way to work yesterday morning when the women tried to sideswipe me. I managed to keep things sunny side up but the crash bars didn't take too kindly to this invasion of their territory and left it's mark clearly on a couple of panels. No damage to the bike or my leg. Funny thing was that when we stopped the women, despite having just struck me with the driver?s side of the car, got out and inspected the passenger side for damage. Dof of wat??

Then there was the resent theft attempt where they dropped the bike with minimal damage (hand guard broke) and I've dropped the bike myself whilst riding off-road and again the crash bars took the impact with no damage to the bike. I might've mentioned this before but I would seriously recommend them.

Mmm, it seems that there's a bit of bad karma following me at the moment. Anybody want to go hunting??  :twisted:
98 Black AT & the wheel from a 04 KLR 650.

Offline Grootseun

Re: Why you need crash bars..
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 09:59:07 am »
Quote from: "Lootch67"
it seems that there's a bit of bad ka rma

Had a similar incident yesterday morning... luckily did not touch tho....the lady crapped her pants when she realised she blundered... i thought she was going to start to cry....im still trying to get some of that dakar seat out of my naught.... :shock:  I actually had to pull off the road to regain composure and let the adrenaline dissapate before venturing further on the treatcherous road. i was bracing for impact.. thought this was it for sure....

Uncle Bob

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 10:10:51 am »
Same happened to me, only it was a pink uno (WTF???)
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72229

Crashbars save the head and my leg.
Glad your okay.

Offline BlouVark

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 10:32:58 am »
Shows you that spending few extra on something like crashbars is
really worth it when you need it.

Guy phones his father telling him he bought a new car.
Father: "So what car did you buy"
Son:"A Ford Ka"
Father:"Ford hey, which one?"
Son:"A Ka"
Father:"Yes, yes so you say, which model"
Son:"Ka"
Father:"F&$%% man, I know that already, WHICH MODEL"
Son:"A KA"
Father:"Well %&%^ you, you're an idiont" puts phone down.
You can always rinse the surface
but the stain will remain.

Offline Lootch67

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
Re: Why you need crash bars..
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 10:57:48 am »
Quote from: "Grootseun"
Quote from: "Lootch67"
it seems that there's a bit of bad ka rma

:D  :D  :D

Quote from: "Grootseun"
I actually had to pull off the road to regain composure and let the adrenaline dissapate before venturing further on the treatcherous road. i was bracing for impact.. thought this was it for sure....

I should've pulled over as well but decided to head for the garage where I had planned to stop anyway. Nothing like some nice petrol fumes to help you forget about all those nasty drivers. :evil:

Almost had a very similar incident on the way home. Managed to stop in time and when I asked the guy why he didn't look I got the finger!! Thought about removing his wing mirror but it looked a little bit too solid. Should've kicked his door though.. Damn, why didn't I think of that then?
98 Black AT & the wheel from a 04 KLR 650.

Uncle Bob

Ultra comp'crap'
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 11:05:58 am »
I think Ford is missing a K in the Ka's name !!
On that topic what's up with this new generation of "ultra compact" pieces of shite on SA Roads their Fekkin ugly, small stupid and completely useless. My GS luggage can carry more than a Smart car, it's faster and probably safer. I've got a friend who is verry impressed and chuffed with the fact that she's got one and is adiment that it's safe as tested in  the UK - yeah right, their tested at 30 mph (50kph) againd other soft plasticcy crap jobby's like itself, not against mr colt driver or taxi hitting you at 120 kph.
I think their crap, my solution is that we faze over to America's driving on the right side of the road, for the first week we only allow bakkies/trucks and ultra compacts on the roads, trucks/bakkies and taxis in drive on the left and ultra compacts on the right.

That should get rid of enough of them. :twisted:

Offline chrisB

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 02:04:24 pm »
so what did it sound like when she crashed into Lootch67? KA boem!
G650 Xchallenge - uBerThuMper II

Offline Grootseun

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 02:22:45 pm »
what do you have if you have 2 ford ka's?

kaka

Kev

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 02:44:31 pm »
Is there something "Kaboef" is not telling us?