Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Road from Maun to Katima Mulilo (Botswana)  (Read 758 times)

Offline christiansmith

Road from Maun to Katima Mulilo (Botswana)
« on: November 02, 2016, 04:09:36 pm »
I would like to ride my GS from Maun to Katima Mulilo.I think this starts with the B334.Does anyone know if i can or will i be prevented from doing so.Just would like to know as planning my trip.Or is the road just too hairy.
Many Thanks

Offline eberhard

• Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Time takes a cigarette...
Re: Road from Maun to Katima Mulilo (Botswana)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 08:41:00 pm »
Somewhere during 1992 I rode that road for the first time. I took a map, it indicated that there was a road. I had a bike (an old bmw r60/6), I rode it. I rode it last three years ago, on a bike that was 44 years old. Maybe you bought the wrong bike, maybe download the dvd and watch it in the comfort of your home.

Only you can prevent yourself from riding the road.
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7
R75/5 Big Boy 150 Vuka 110

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 12:49:03 am »
I would like to ride my GS from Maun to Katima Mulilo.I think this starts with the B334.Does anyone know if i can or will i be prevented from doing so.Just would like to know as planning my trip.Or is the road just too hairy.
Many Thanks

I think the road was waxed recently...  :peepwall:  8)  :biggrin:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline kwassi

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 06:57:02 am »
Many Thanks

We did this via the B8 and A35. back in 2010, Was tar all the way except for about 10 - 20km through Mahango Game Reserve.
Solo travellers should not be considered unsociable, they are expressing their independence until they choose to do otherwise.

Offline Dupie2

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 07:10:02 pm »
Has anyone lately done the C49 in the Caprivi between  Kongola and Katima Mulilo? What is its condition wrt sand etc?