Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Tales of the Purple Turtles  (Read 645 times)

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
Tales of the Purple Turtles
« on: July 10, 2018, 07:51:13 pm »
My Ride Reports

For clarity, I have two Purple Turtles (Suzuki DR650s):

1. The Purple Hooligan, my first Suzuki DR650, the bike on which I learnt to ride, and the love of my life. So called due to his pumper carb and rough manner. A 2009 model with currently about 73,000km on. Has a 22-liter fuel tank, foot peg lowering kit, broad foot pegs, Bosson exhaust, frame powder coated with Hammerite and header pipe ceramic coated in black. Set to lowest link and with forks dropped in the triple clamps. If he were lower, his belly/bash plate would drag on the ground ::)

2. The Purple Gentleman, a Suzuki DR650 I acquired early last year, and my "stukkie" on the side. So called because he is stock standard and therefore considerably smoother than the Hooligan. A 2014 model with currently about 55,000km on. Foot peg mounts were modified to shorten them, broader foot pegs, Powerflow exhaust and header pipe ceramic coated in silver. Also set to lowest link and with forks dropped in the triple clamps. Not quite as low as the Hooligan, due to a Martin Petzold-tuned back suspension.

I've also bought two more Suzuki DR650s Blue and Snow, and am still deciding what to do with all of them.

In the beginning...Wazzup (Jan 2015)

Random

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 11:27:04 am by Ri »
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3005,00 - R1,600 for steel purchase