Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Suspension clamps dimensions on TE610  (Read 104 times)

Offline bomber

• Bike: KTM 690 Enduro
Suspension clamps dimensions on TE610
« on: April 09, 2020, 04:30:28 pm »
So my TE610 has a KTM light and screen but the previous owner's mountings are breaking/coming loose. I am planning to add a much sturdier set of mounting plates (blue in the attached pic). The plan is to have something like 1.5mm stainless steel CNC'ed. The bends will be tricky without a machine but will make a plan. So in order to do this I need the exact measurements of the fork clamp holes and their distances. Does anyone have this at hand? I suppose I can measure them but I will need to loosen them all for that. The new bracket will also then house the spots and licence disc holder.
couldn't fix my brakes so I made my horn louder

Offline Lars

• Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Oh well...
Re: Suspension clamps dimensions on TE610
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 05:59:40 pm »
That is my old bike, I did the screen and KTM mask. I had exactly the same idea to use plates to mount it but could not get it right. This why I used the 90 angle iron. Looking forward to see a better solution. Cheers Lars

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline bomber

• Bike: KTM 690 Enduro
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 04:51:50 pm »
That is my old bike, I did the screen and KTM mask. I had exactly the same idea to use plates to mount it but could not get it right. This why I used the 90 angle iron. Looking forward to see a better solution. Cheers Lars

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Hi Lars thanks for responding. The KTM upgrade was definitely a great upgrade. If I may ask, why could you not get the plates idea right?
couldn't fix my brakes so I made my horn louder

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 10:50:40 pm »
I have the TE630 light and a BMW Dakar screen attached to it. Very stable without additional side brackets. I will check how it attaches tomorrow but seem to recall two bolts at the bottom into the bottom triple clamp in the middle facing forward above mudguard and one on the top triple in the centre (this attached the main light unit backing piece). The front light mask has a push clip system to secure it to the back piece and I added extra cable ties for security. I also added an extra bracket from the instrument cluster to the screen for further stability. I can try and take some photos if you want.

Re the fork bolt holes - only way is to remove and measure/make a template.

"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky: