Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Franschhoek Pass - again  (Read 4438 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
Franschhoek Pass - again
« on: November 23, 2020, 12:28:56 pm »
https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2020-11-22-elderly-couples-motorbike-jaunt-takes-terrible-turn-on-mountain-pass/

Authorities need to start clamping down on all these Rossi wannabees so us normal slow riding folk can enjoy the pass again  :ricky:

The following users thanked this post: RobC, Snafu, dustlover, Appel

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
Re: Franschhoek Pass - again
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 01:22:33 pm »
Do we know if it is the ou Oom or the other bike that caused it ?

(I have seen a good couple of crotch rocket Rossi wannabees come around a bend on the wrong side of the road before, but it isn't clear from the article if this was the case here)

02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 01:33:25 pm »
Eish ja, but not always the Rossi wannabees causing havoc on these public scenic roads, also a problem is the normal slow riding folk(especially the tourist variety), who gets so engaged in the scenery that they start driving on the wrong side of the road, stop dead centre in a lane to take a picture, or even kap a reverse gear to get back to a park area, or sommer klap a u turn in a bend.
Then, also not only the superbikes going bosbevok, plenty Hamilton wannabees also around in the super cars.

But yes, true that, if you want to race, 2 wheels or 4, there is a time and a place.
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline Vulcan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 01:43:04 pm »
Eish ja, but not always the Rossi wannabees causing havoc on these public scenic roads, also a problem is the normal slow riding folk(especially the tourist variety), who gets so engaged in the scenery that they start driving on the wrong side of the road, stop dead centre in a lane to take a picture, or even kap a reverse gear to get back to a park area, or sommer klap a u turn in a bend.
Then, also not only the superbikes going bosbevok, plenty Hamilton wannabees also around in the super cars.

But yes, true that, if you want to race, 2 wheels or 4, there is a time and a place.

True. I have even seen an Uber Eats rider texting with his left hand while riding his motorcycle.  It seems Covid has affected certain people's logic as well.

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 01:45:56 pm »

True. I have even seen an Uber Eats rider texting with his left hand while riding his motorcycle.  It seems Covid has affected certain people's logic as well.

Ons moet al die ouens Brackenfell toe stuur, sodat hulle reg gedonr word..... :pot:
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Buell Ulysses XB12
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 01:52:15 pm »
Hope you recover soon, @2StrokeDan
This is not life or death. It is an internet forum.

Offline steveindar

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Eish!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 02:00:57 pm »

What, you mean you aren't able to?  ???
COVID KILLS SADDLE TIME!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

XRV750 Africa bike, KTM 525EXC plastic Africa bike, BMW1150GS Civilization bike; TY250Z Footup's ??? VFR750 Potential off-road hooligan bike!

Offline Pietertjie

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 06:43:18 pm »

Online Dux

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 09:14:55 pm »

If guys want to race there is the track , BUT , from past experience a lot of these wannabe’s don’t like the track because they get blown off by much older or smaller bikes , at the end of the day it is an ego thing
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

The following users thanked this post: Snafu, Az

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha XT500
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 06:13:43 am »

If guys want to race there is the track , BUT , from past experience a lot of these wannabe’s don’t like the track because they get blown off by much older or smaller bikes , at the end of the day it is an ego thing

True, but also the track costs money, you must be sober and you've got to obey other peoples' rules. :P

Online Dux

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2020, 06:31:25 am »

True, but also the track costs money, you must be sober and you've got to obey other peoples' rules. :P

So true , I don’t know about other guys but once I started going to the track I became a more cautious rider on the road 
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline Ri

Offline Wayne

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2020, 09:28:16 am »

?

Lame joke ::)
Forum seems to be full of lame jokes at the moment

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

Offline Pietertjie

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2020, 09:33:01 am »

?

Not knowing any background for a joke like this, I assume it is a thing between the members, it is fucked up to make jokes like this in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 09:35:08 am by Pietertjie »

Offline Roxtar

• REV IT UP
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Aka Sprocket Face
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2020, 10:25:48 am »

I take it you have dished out some pain here Dux.... :thumleft: :lol8:
Long live the Underdog.........

Offline Roxtar

• REV IT UP
  • Race Dog
  • Aka Sprocket Face
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2020, 10:30:01 am »

?

Not knowing any background for a joke like this, I assume it is a thing between the members, it is fucked up to make jokes like this in my opinion.

Rich comment based on lots of assumptions then it seems... ::)
Long live the Underdog.........

Offline Pietertjie

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2020, 10:38:57 am »

?

Rich comment based on lots of assumptions then it seems... ::)

You are entitled your opinion, something I really could not care less about.

Do you think it is OK to joke in a thread about a serious accident creating the impression a WD was involved, when new, and maybe old members might not understand the joke, in a thread which is not really funny to begin with?

I stated my opinion and could also not care less if you found it rich or not.

The following users thanked this post: GeelKameel, zebra - Flying Brick

Offline chicco

• Grey hound
  • Never give up.
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2020, 11:17:43 am »
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 11:18:49 am by chicco »
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 950S, KTM 990, KTM 990S, KTM 990R

Offline BuRP

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2020, 11:24:19 am »

?

Pieterkie, if you'd follow other threads you'd know that is just a joke.
A nice one, hardly lame, and dished to him who habitually does same, Micky taking springs to mind here.
Patience will answer your rather elaborate question mark though, watch this space rather than post eloquent conclusions about something you clearly and completely missed  ;)
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

The following users thanked this post: Sabre

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2020, 04:59:47 pm »
It wasn't me....... :ricky: :ricky:

Just a joke, no harm done. :thumleft:

I see the other ride jumped from his bike, what is Vinhales doing in Franschhoek?