Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Palma in Moz gets attacked  (Read 5760 times)

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline dookie

• The last Avatar Meatbender.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • Health and Safetitty matters

Offline Motties

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • Was Darksider
Re: Palma in Moz gets attacked
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 10:28:37 am »
We are doing work at the Total site in Palma/ Afungi and it has been challenging to say the least, had to extract personnel with a chopper last year. We are due back on site in the short term.

'16 KTM 300 XCW

Offline threeper

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 10:56:27 am »
im confused, isnt it the religion of peace?

i bet the wombles that think that, also think biden is competent and china didnt cause covid.

The following users thanked this post: RobC, BullSmit, Mapog, Dorsland, jkrijt

Offline frankmac

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Singer (all models)
  • You want my what??
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 07:53:18 am »
This is from a mate.

Bearing in mind that DAG's contract is up, it may be a tad overstated but I'm inclined to believe most of it. Apparently there were 4 SA "gunships".

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2021-03-25/fighting-in-town-near-mozambique-gas-hub-rages-for-second-day

The true story ....

From the actual engagement .... The Interesting thing is the South Africans from Dyck in their gunship successfully engaged the Bandits and Insurgents throughout the day into late afternoon after refuelling on one of the Islands! Thank goodness for the Police backed SA chopper crew who even though low on ammo carried on fighting to save people in the town being overrun .....
A few civilians were bravely rescued from capture by the South African Gunship from the hands of the rampant raiding insurgents. Three of the rescued civilians were Standard Bank Employees.

The sad thing is that Three Military based Ukrainian Piloted Hind Gunships used by the Mozambique's military 1 x Mi-17 and 2 x Mi-24 helicopters were sent to help today, only to be grounded after the Mi 17 was hit by several rounds whilst flying over insurgents. On the in run and during the option to engage and fight against insurgents in Cabo Delgado province .. the Ukrainian pilots chose not to engage & landed at the local airfield and refused to assist or engage in the air support and fierce ongoing fighting. The SA helicopter continually engaged the enemy and saved many civilians as well as picking up stranded expats and civilians! At the end of the fighting the 3 Ukrainian gunships took off and left town flying over what they thought was fleeing Insurgents, not being under fire they engaged the military column killing many troops. The Ukrainian Choppers killed own forces Mozambican Soldiers. What a shambles possibly Dyck were and are the better option one thinks the South Africans make a difference at least they stand and fight
It does not look like the Military or the Ukrainian Pilots have the stomach for the fight!

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 07:53:54 am by frankmac »

The following users thanked this post: BlueBull2007

Offline Dorsland

• Grey hound
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 07:58:59 am »
Africa is it's own worst enemy.  They should just shoot themselves in the foot and cut out all the middlemen.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies

Tom Luongo

Offline Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
  • Vrystaat ek wil deur gaan!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 08:15:51 am »
Africa is it's own worst enemy.  They should just shoot themselves in the foot and cut out all the middlemen.

Well said
the Truth will offend at first

Offline KiLRoy

• Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kaptein Duiwel - vriend van Beau Brummel
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2021, 08:54:45 am »
Never knew Total and other exploration companies are African?

Ukrainian pilots have a history of not flying in hot zones.  Should ground the MI17 for sure and use the MI24s. Donno how the can say they have 3 Hind helos - 2 x MI24 and 1 x MI17.  They have 2 Hind helos?

Again, much more to this than a ‘religious war’ i suspect.  Strange how religious wars keep on breaking out exactly at the spot where oil and gas is found?  Call Eeben and EO...

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2021, 09:10:02 am »
Again, much more to this than a ‘religious war’ i suspect.  Strange how religious wars keep on breaking out exactly at the spot where oil and gas is found?  Call Eeben and EO...
Like WOMD were found in Iraq... :sip: :snorting:

Offline KiLRoy

• Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2021, 09:13:46 am »
I dont know enough about this clusterfuck to really comment. But i sure know that everywhere oil and gas are discovered, corruption, pollution, exploitation and ultimately conflict follows... we have all seen that movie before

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2021, 09:16:42 am »
I dont know enough about this clusterfuck to really comment. But i sure know that everywhere oil and gas are discovered, corruption, pollution, exploitation and ultimately conflict follows... we have all seen that movie before
Your generalization is noted, same can be postulated about any mineral on the planet. :sip:

Offline TheHamster

• Formerly neil-ph
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Ducati Multistrada / Enduro
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2021, 09:21:02 am »
Never knew Total and other exploration companies are African?

Ukrainian pilots have a history of not flying in hot zones.  Should ground the MI17 for sure and use the MI24s. Donno how the can say they have 3 Hind helos - 2 x MI24 and 1 x MI17.  They have 2 Hind helos?

Wouldn't be surprised if Lionel Dyck himself didn't recruit/request the Ukrainian assistance. He was heavily involved in Eastern Europe at one stage.

Sent from my vivo 1820 using Tapatalk

Never hesitate to take that ride. Ride safe, ride often and ride far. The soul demands it.

All men die, but not all men live......

Offline KiLRoy

• Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2021, 09:24:47 am »
EO had prior dealings with Ukrainian pilots in the Congo.  This is not the first time they refuse air support..

Robc, yes all minerals. Difference is oil just makes an especially nasty polluter and wipes out villages while the richbis counting their money in europe and the usa.

The Nigerian case...

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2021, 09:45:27 am »
Just think of all the Marinobacter, Oceanospiralles, Pseudomonas, and Alkanivorax one can find there! :sip:

Offline Dorsland

• Grey hound
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2021, 06:34:41 pm »
EO had prior dealings with Ukrainian pilots in the Congo.  This is not the first time they refuse air support..

Robc, yes all minerals. Difference is oil just makes an especially nasty polluter and wipes out villages while the richbis counting their money in europe and the usa.

The Nigerian case...

Lyk amper soos die Vaalrivier wat die PBs sonder enige hulp van die buiteland af opgedonner het.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies

Tom Luongo

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2021, 08:07:44 pm »

The Nigerian case...

Lyk amper soos die Vaalrivier wat die PBs sonder enige hulp van die buiteland af opgedonner het.
Oil pilfering by the PB is not often given the coverage it should get... it often goes south when the refinery pipelines are tapped... :sip:

The following users thanked this post: Mapog

Offline Mapog

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2021, 09:27:03 pm »
Ive hunted in the Cabo Delgado in 1997.
Back then it was problably one of the most desolate regions on earth.
Ive met black people who havent seen a white person in their entire lives.

Crazy to think how money corrupt poor, uneducated and if I may “primitive” people.

I believe there are more local strongmen involved than political influenced ISIS factions.

Always just follow the money, and I believe here its not to the coffers of Islam,......... but I dont believe that its ever about Islam, its always about money and power hungry individuals....???

The following users thanked this post: KiLRoy

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2021, 09:53:23 pm »
Ive hunted in the Cabo Delgado in 1997.
Back then it was problably one of the most desolate regions on earth.
Ive met black people who havent seen a white person in their entire lives.

Crazy to think how money corrupt poor, uneducated and if I may “primitive” people.

I believe there are more local strongmen involved than political influenced ISIS factions.

Always just follow the money, and I believe here its not to the coffers of Islam,......... but I dont believe that its ever about Islam, its always about money and power hungry individuals....???
Yep... old Mo had a soft spot for shiny stones and gold, so I am told, selling slaves was also lucrative... :sip:

Offline Bie

Mozambique militant attacks
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2021, 06:12:56 am »
Seems like the Palma attack have left dozens dead. Many was fortunate to be evacuated alive, others not. Anyone with first hand news?

Why was Al-Shabab tolerated up until now, why were they not confronted months ago?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 06:16:55 am by Bie »
Kom ons maak 'n stoffie.

The following users thanked this post: Dux

Offline Blikkies1

Re: Mozambique militant attacks
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2021, 06:17:00 am »
There's another thread here somewhere, looks like some deaths were own goals. I reckon SF will mount a counterstrike within the week.
It's the end of the road as we know it and I feel fine.