Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Lady - Noob RR.New Friends--Old Friends-- Just a Ride.  (Read 2311 times)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
Lady - Noob RR.New Friends--Old Friends-- Just a Ride.
« on: October 04, 2009, 08:55:33 pm »
Something about getting together with a couple of Old friends and meeting some new one's on a ride. One knows what to expect from the old and more often than not you are pleasantly surprised to have a great day together.

Posted a Lady and Newbie ride for Sunday. It RAINED Saturday night and when the sms's started coming through---- Emergency work---sorry can't make it. Bike wont start. Fell out of the bed this morning and twisted my ankle etc etc came through i thought---Well seems like i may be able to get back into bed and just chill the rest of the day :mwink:

NO Luck Splash arrived at ny gate telling me that some people were already waiting at the meeting point  ???

Sometimes i think --sorry --i know the ladies are 100% troopers. Malibu-Dakota- Magic63-Misty- and Puddles were waiting :o

Hoofseun, Kykdaar and then some new faces joined in as well--excuse me for not getting your names first time--But ask everyone -- the more you ride with me --the easier it gets for me to remember all your names. Must be this age thing ???

All in all we were 14 riders who ended up who were brave enough to ride in what looked to be some wet and muddy roads out there.

Catchy had helped me mark out the route Saturday the one Malibu would take the manne who were brave enough to tackle the railway tracks on Sunday.
I in turn took the rest out on some casual roads that turned out to be Dust Free and just the right ammount of traction as well.
We all would meet up at farm house where the farmer and his family lay out a spread for us--something different for a change.
As far as the stories go--i will rather keep quite as from the operation one of the riders had recently--something about having a ingrown pubic hair removed--or was it a half Brazillian :o To someone looking for a wife --i lost track along the way.
Thank's Malibu for leading the second group and Splash helping as allways. For Kykdaar the swept and nearly overslept. To all who joined in and Made the Ride.
Ps. Malibu--checked the route you took--not the same section i had laid out in the forrest--were you LOST or just leading the boy' arround the Bush :peepwall:

Some pics of my group. The others can post if they took some.

Till next time our tracks cross. ;)

Malibu on the Rooi Gevaar.

Smoke Break.

On the Road.

Our Lunch Stop.

One Last Stop to say Bye--Till we ride together again.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 07:51:23 am by blazes »
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline 63magic

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • BMW G650 Xcountry
Re: Lady - Noob RR.New Friends--Old Friends-- Just a Ride.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 09:42:28 pm »
thanks Blazes!

was a great ride, and the lunch venue is lekker!!!

see ya all next time! i promise to check all bolts before then...

hopefully one day i will qualify as a non-noob!  :biggrin:
life is a journey.. so enjoy the ride! preferably on a motorbike...

and no, I don't ride a Xchallenge, but my bike is not on the list.............

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 06:13:01 am »
thanks Blazes!

was a great ride, and the lunch venue is lekker!!!

see ya all next time! i promise to check all bolts before then...

hopefully one day i will qualify as a non-noob!  :biggrin:
Pleasure. Note---Rather stay a noob like me ;) more fun--you do not have to perform or proove anything--Just enjoy riding is the only requirement.
Yes the venue was something different for a change seeing that we were the only guests--Planned that way and worked well. Eiiiish that peri peri sauce had me doing hand stands in the shower last night  ::)

As far as loosing bolts  ??? We need to introduce you to Locktite  :mwink:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:01:05 am by blazes »
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Puddles

• Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 07:41:23 am »
What an AWESOME ride  :thumleft:  ... I had a absolute ball yesterday  :3some:.  Any of you that were scared off by the rain .... oh hum ... you missed out BIG time.

PERFECT weather for riding, great company & the lunch stop was just what we needed - some country, farm life - much better than the "commercial" type of stops.  I'll recommend that for sure.

Thanx Blazes for taking the time to take out the noobs & ladies ... your rides are super duper great fun.  I will DEFINITELY be back for more  :biggrin:

Thanx to Malgat for playing sweeper ... luckily you didn't have much dust to chomp back there.

Then to all the other riders - it was great meeting you & riding with you.  Look forward to the next one.

Mmmm ... so Blazes ... the next one is .... ??

2010 BMW F800GS     2008 BMW F650GS(Twin)    2006 Honda XL650V Transalp

Offline Kykdaar

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Zundapp (all models)
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 07:47:39 am »
Alarm never went off and I had only 30 minutes to get organised and get to the meeting venue :o

Only when I got back did I notice that I had my shirt on inside-out. My riding companions was probably too polite to point it out to me ;D

Turned out a really nice day for riding with no dust. Roads drained well from the rain the night before and we even encountered a number of sandy patches along the way.

Great peri-peri chicken / porkchops was enjoyed in a relaxed farm atmosphere - so much better than a restuarant in town :thumleft:

Thanks to everyone that came along for the ride - was a great day out.

Offline Puddles

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 07:53:15 am »

Thanx to Malgat for playing sweeper ... luckily you didn't have much dust to chomp back there.

Ooops ... did I get mixed up with Malgat & Kykdaar .... Sorry Andre !!!  :redface:

Offline Kykdaar

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Zundapp (all models)
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 07:58:23 am »

Ooops ... did I get mixed up with Malgat & Kykdaar .... Sorry Andre !!!  :redface:

;D Probably because we about the same size - I, however, do not spot-weld my chain >:D :peepwall:

Offline Misty

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • BMW650GS - DR650 - Triumph Scrambler 900 - BMW650G
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 08:09:16 am »
Thanks Blazes and all the rest who braved the weather – I had an awesome ride and the company, old and new, just made it even better – mmm and not to mention the chicken wings yum!  :)

Nice spot you found in the middle of nowhere Blazes!  :thumleft:

Thanks Taurusgp for seeing me home safely. See you all out there  :ricky:
... “There might be a few bumps ahead in the road, but luckily you are well trained in off road riding!” ... PS: for sure, I'm a lot tougher than I look!! ;)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 08:09:54 am »
Alarm never went off and I had only 30 minutes to get organised and get to the meeting venue :o

Only when I got back did I notice that I had my shirt on inside-out. My riding companions was probably too polite to point it out to me ;D

Turned out a really nice day for riding with no dust. Roads drained well from the rain the night before and we even encountered a number of sandy patches along the way.

Great peri-peri chicken / porkchops was enjoyed in a relaxed farm atmosphere - so much better than a restuarant in town :thumleft:

Thanks to everyone that came along for the ride - was a great day out.

Thank's for playing sweeper and all the support on Sunday Kykdaar.  ;)

As for the shirt  ??? Did you Not notice that at lunch everyone was staring in your direction :o But you know these WD's are sooooo polite :peepwall:

Current Scooters --

Offline Dakota

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 08:33:27 am »
Thanks all I had a super ride, even enjoyed the mud dance… road tyres not conducive to mud holes… but lucky I did not meet up with the Ninja..  ;D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:34:06 am by Dakota »
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

BMW 650 Dakar - don't get to ride it much anymore - my son has claimed it
Aprilia Dosodura 750 - My new bike - I love it
Husqvarna 610 TE (Sponsored) :-)

Offline Puddles

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 08:34:30 am »
Thanks all I had a super ride, even enjoyed the mud dance… road tyres not conducive to mud holes… but lucky I did not meet up with the Nija..  ;D

;D  Now that was a sight to see ... and a BRILLIANT save !!!

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 08:39:38 am »
What an AWESOME ride  :thumleft:  ... I had a absolute ball yesterday  :3some:.  Any of you that were scared off by the rain .... oh hum ... you missed out BIG time.

PERFECT weather for riding, great company & the lunch stop was just what we needed - some country, farm life - much better than the "commercial" type of stops.  I'll recommend that for sure.

Thanx Blazes for taking the time to take out the noobs & ladies ... your rides are super duper great fun.  I will DEFINITELY be back for more  :biggrin:

Then to all the other riders - it was great meeting you & riding with you.  Look forward to the next one.

Mmmm ... so Blazes ... the next one is .... ??

Was Super to have you join the ride Puddles  ;) Must say at one stage after taking some pics and then playing catch up--i passed you and was just thinking to myself--Her husband is most probably the best bike trainer out there--WHY does he Not teach his Wife to stand sometimes  ??? Then as i glanced over at you while passing--i Saw--you were standing  :peepwall:

Next ride ---soon.
Current Scooters --

Offline taurusgp

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 08:43:34 am »
Thanx all for a btilliant ride....and the great company, realy enjoyed it :laughing4:Will definately join on the next one, thanx for letting us newb`s feel welcome.

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 11:51:33 am »
Thanks Blazes and all the rest who braved the weather – I had an awesome ride and the company, old and new, just made it even better – mmm and not to mention the chicken wings yum!  :)

Nice spot you found in the middle of nowhere Blazes!  :thumleft:

Thanks Taurusgp for seeing me home safely. See you all out there  :ricky:

Pleasure " T " You ladies get better with every ride --see you all on the 17th :thumleft:
Current Scooters --

Offline LeonDude

• A very quiet
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 - The next adventure
    • Leon de Kock - Author pages
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 11:55:12 am »
Sorry I missed this ride, maybe next time!
Great news, my book 'Sniffer' has seen the light of day on Amazon Kindle!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N664WIH
Check out my website for free short stories!
http://www.leondekock.com/short_stories.html

Offline Catchy

• Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 12:18:14 pm »
Glad to here all had fun. I hope everyone realises the time and trouble that Blaze put into marking out the route as well as painting all the potential hazards and turns, I also hope someone bought him a beer or two for his troubles.

Blazes, thanks again for the ride on Saturday. I need to get out to the Waterberg with you sometime soon!  :thumleft:
Always keep your "kant" clean !

Offline Puddles

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 12:24:47 pm »
Was Super to have you join the ride Puddles  ;) Must say at one stage after taking some pics and then playing catch up--i passed you and was just thinking to myself--Her husband is most probably the best bike trainer out there--WHY does he Not teach his Wife to stand sometimes  ??? Then as i glanced over at you while passing--i Saw--you were standing  :peepwall:

Next ride ---soon.

:imaposer:

I know ... being so short/small is a real bummer sometimes. 

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 12:45:07 pm »
Thanks all I had a super ride, even enjoyed the mud dance… road tyres not conducive to mud holes… but lucky I did not meet up with the Ninja..  ;D
What can i say " D " you have come along in leaps and bounds with your riding abillity :thumleft: Also like the way you handle "Little Red" One of these days you will be all over our arses on your bike ::)
Current Scooters --

Offline Dakota

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 01:02:49 pm »
Ahhhhh thanx M your going make me get a big head...   :mwink:

Catchy Blazers only drinks orange juice... but Mal and I let him get us lunch...  ;D
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

BMW 650 Dakar - don't get to ride it much anymore - my son has claimed it
Aprilia Dosodura 750 - My new bike - I love it
Husqvarna 610 TE (Sponsored) :-)

Offline eSKaPe

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • As in "The Great Escape"
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 01:49:30 pm »
Nice one M - I hear the lunch venue was a winner too