Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: THE OLDEST STRUCTURE ON EARTH?  (Read 5181 times)

Offline spokie

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • pretoria
THE OLDEST STRUCTURE ON EARTH?
« on: February 24, 2012, 10:28:05 pm »
So, is the oldest structure on earth Stonehenge on the Salisbury plains of England? Maybe... Africa has it's own "Stonehenge" in Mpumalanga close to Kaapsehoop, it is called Adam's Calendar and some claim it to be 75000 years old - that makes it older than Stonehenge and the oldest structure on this planet. There has been an article on it in the July 2011 Getaway magazine and lots of info found by Googling it (of course).

So next time - (Travel ideas) when you plan a ride through Mpumalanga go check it out!

"Who had the astronomical knowledge to build a calendar that lines up with the pyramids of Giza and the Zimbabwe ruins?" (Evan Haussmann, 2011). According to David Icke (some say he's a cracker) they were all gold sniffers and we are their creation - manipulated monkey DNA!

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:31:42 pm by spokie »

Offline J-dog

• Bike: Boss Hoss (all models)
Re: THE OLDEST STRUCTURE ON EARTH?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 05:57:30 am »
very interesting  :thumleft:

Offline Old No 7

• Bike: BMW R850GS
  • Live Life while you still have it.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 12:51:16 am »
GPS Co-ords please.
I am definitely going to include this in one of my next trips.

Offline Marnus

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Yeeeeehaaaa!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 07:27:09 am »
GPS Co-ords please.

+1!

Offline Dusty Rusty

• Sparkle
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
  • SSS!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 07:43:05 am »
Sulke goed jaag my verbeelding op hol!

Baie interesant.  :thumleft:
Never underestimate the power of kindness!

http://doutrapper.wordpress.com/

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:40:04 am »
gps ?
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Tonteldoos

• Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 09:00:43 am »
Isn't it part of a hiking trail? I do recall seeing that on 'n hike before..
Challenge = Innovation = Change

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 12:19:32 pm »
I would treat these hyperbolic claims with a shovel of salt.  Some of the researchers involved have to support themselves by repeatedly coming up with sensational claims in order to attract funding or to sell books.  Without the stuff that can fill magazine pages or TV doccies these guys would sink without trace.  The structures they describe fit perfectly with established "Bantu" homestead patterns of the last 1700 years.  Many parts of the country are littered with thousands of them, no different to these.

The science which supports these claims is often misleading and bizarre.  Nowhere is a single fact advanced which supports the claimed antiquity of these ruins.  And this is in spite of there being many accepted scientific methods for age determination which could be brought to bear.  The so called astronomical alignments can be shown to be modern constructs which can be overlain quite easily over any 2-dimensional arrangement of objects.

Cyril Hromnik has been plugging this "Dravidian" thing for 30 years and has never, to my knowledge, gained the support of a single respected academic in the fields of archaeology and ancient history.  I would go so far as to wonder if he has ever produced a scrap of evidence which could persuade a thinking person of the truth of his claims.

Any thinking South African, though, could easily be persuaded that some of his claims are tantamount to a racist denial of African identity and culture.

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Niks ry so lekker soos my rice crispy bike nie.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 12:39:12 pm »
Aliens bru! It is the Aliens!!!

They put us here and build these things! Just ask Tom.

The Iphone is proof that there are intelligent life out there with mind control capabilities.

You heard it here first.

Offline Laban

• Bike: Zero (all models)
  • "Ride my own Ride"
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 12:56:32 pm »
GPS Co-ords please.

Coordinates: 25 54' 07.13" S / 30 16' 48.04" E. :thumleft:
..."sometimes the people around you won't understand your journey, they don't need to, it's not for them"...Joubert Botha

...tie my own bootlaces…

Offline Trumpet

• Bike: Triumph (all models)
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 01:07:31 pm »
So, is the oldest structure on earth Stonehenge on the Salisbury plains of England? Maybe... Africa has it's own "Stonehenge" in Mpumalanga close to Kaapsehoop, it is called Adam's Calendar and some claim it to be 75000 years old - that makes it older than Stonehenge and the oldest structure on this planet. There has been an article on it in the July 2011 Getaway magazine and lots of info found by Googling it (of course).

So next time - (Travel ideas) when you plan a ride through Mpumalanga go check it out!

"Who had the astronomical knowledge to build a calendar that lines up with the pyramids of Giza and the Zimbabwe ruins?" (Evan Haussmann, 2011). According to David Icke (some say he's a cracker) they were all gold sniffers and we are their creation - manipulated monkey DNA!

Have any of you read any of the shit this oke has written? I got given (noddafuck will I EVER admit to buying it, y'hear :)) a book titled 'Tales from the time loop". Methinks this will be DustDevils ultimate orgasmic read. Conspiracy theories have got fuck all on the theories in this book. In fact, I think this book is the conspiracy theory of all conspiracy theories. It all kinda made sense & research on the net held it together, until the chapter where he started with his shit about the aliens & them looking like Lizards. The queen, Hitler, George Bush etc. etc. etc. Fucking cooked. In his head. Wackjob.
You cannot change what is, But you can change your perception of what is, And if you change your perception of what is, Then you actually change what is.

Offline spokie

• pretoria
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 03:22:41 pm »
Hehehe... true, many brain cooked wackheads have written book(s) on stuff like these - or just out-of-the-box weirdos who wrote controversial literature we (the so called normal ones) find it ridiculously screwed up. The general scientific mind cannot conceive these for it is indoctrinated by science or "scientific facts". At the end even "facts" or "proofs" boil down to what we believe about it, for scientific proofs are only made up from partial observations of indeed, the observable things (and the same for theories that prevailed against attacks to falsify it). That's why we find it unlogical or do not understand it - our made up minds tells us what is logic and what not.The Man Of The (previous) Century, Einstein, mentioned once that his biggest mistake in his work was the mathematical constant he brought in his model of the universe which "kept" it from expanding. He knew it is expanding but was influenced by other scientists in his field who believed that the universe was not expanding - how bizarre is that? Untill years later when some other scientific monkey discovered Einsteins claims were actually true! :o
It is a total mess to proof structures like these are from whenever time - dating has its shortcomings and history its lost puzzle pieces. I do not believe all the stuff I read regarding this (or anything for that matter), hehehe... it's my constitutional right not to!  :biggrin:
But surely... I live on a farm where both these, bantu homestead ruins and the other "allian like structures" exist and by observing them for oneself one will see they do not fit the same time frame at all...  :-\
Keep an open mind about these things, I say - science is not absolute.
I love to read "crap" like this about aliens, shit old ruins and stuff for example, that David Icke write about, for it is interesting. Moreover, some of the ideas, proofs and facts people come up with, disproving these absurd statements from the wackheads, are just as dumb or ridicules. However many critics are just fuelled by their own disbelieve and have insufficient tools and "facts" to back them in their anti-statements.

I say come with an open mind and ride Mpumalanga; have a visit to these structures yourself; make up your own "logic" about these ruins and keep reading "shit conspiracy theories" over things like these, for it keeps the mind creative, ultimately, enabling humans to design and build proper duel sport bikes, for use on awesome road trips!

PS. I'll try to get more GPS coordinates, a.s.a.p. and the rest of the "unbelievers" can stay at home, of course...

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Niks ry so lekker soos my rice crispy bike nie.
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 03:30:12 pm »

Offline spokie

• pretoria
COÖRDINATE ADAM'S CALENDAR
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 03:48:26 pm »
ADAM'S CALENDAR

25 37' 54.36" S / 30 45' 36.00" E

Offline spokie

• pretoria
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 03:51:11 pm »

HEHEHE! At least one can calculate the tension in that string...

Offline wiledog_X

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 08:27:56 pm »
another kooky dude is Eric von Daniken (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_von_D%C3%A4niken) - his whole "Ancient Aliens" philosophy has been turned into a series of the same name.... lots of stuff in there that's a pot of crock, but some stuff can't be explained away by modern science... like the Mayan's had rocket ships etc, etc. 

very interesting....
"all your base are belong to us!!!"

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 08:55:43 pm »
I'm bored tonight and in the mood debate so bare with me. ::)

Einstein, mentioned once that his biggest mistake in his work was the mathematical constant he brought in his model of the universe which "kept" it from expanding. He knew it is expanding but was influenced by other scientists in his field who believed that the universe was not expanding - how bizarre is that? Untill years later when some other scientific monkey discovered Einsteins claims were actually true!

I personally take completely the opposite view about science.  

I'm fascinated how people will use all the technology available today, expect doctors to save them from things that would have probably killed them just a few years ago and then declare - science is rubbish I dont trust it!

Take a GPS for eg.  If you think Einstein got it wrong then throw that away immediately.  It simply wouldn't work without applying relativity equations on how gravity influences time.

I'm a big fan of science - and very poor fan of human nature - we just end up f&king up everything we get our hands on through greed and selfishness etc no matter how much we learn.  It always boils down to the same thing we always want our cake and eat it and someone else must be blamed if things go wrong!

PS the cosmological constant that Einstein declared a mistake, is still being debated very hotly, because it turns out that dark matter and dark energy which we cant see other than through their gravitational effects accounts for something like 80% of all matter in the universe, which we have only recently verified as actually existing, could be the reason for his mistake.

Personally I am in awe of someone who didnt have formal training who realised that the speed of light is constant and thus time and space distort to ensure that.   And who came up with a complete set of equations that better describe the universe we find ourselves in, so we dont have to rely on superstition to try and make sense of what we see.  

It was a high point in the not so sparkling history of human endeavor IMO!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:57:09 pm by alanB »
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • WAT KYK JY
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 09:55:23 pm »
I would treat these hyperbolic claims with a shovel of salt.  Some of the researchers involved have to support themselves by repeatedly coming up with sensational claims in order to attract funding or to sell books.  Without the stuff that can fill magazine pages or TV doccies these guys would sink without trace.  The structures they describe fit perfectly with established "Bantu" homestead patterns of the last 1700 years.  Many parts of the country are littered with thousands of them, no different to these.

The science which supports these claims is often misleading and bizarre.  Nowhere is a single fact advanced which supports the claimed antiquity of these ruins.  And this is in spite of there being many accepted scientific methods for age determination which could be brought to bear.  The so called astronomical alignments can be shown to be modern constructs which can be overlain quite easily over any 2-dimensional arrangement of objects.

Cyril Hromnik has been plugging this "Dravidian" thing for 30 years and has never, to my knowledge, gained the support of a single respected academic in the fields of archaeology and ancient history.  I would go so far as to wonder if he has ever produced a scrap of evidence which could persuade a thinking person of the truth of his claims.

Any thinking South African, though, could easily be persuaded that some of his claims are tantamount to a racist denial of African identity and culture.

Eish man ! Now you go and spoil a good story  :imaposer:
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

…, I wish I could own them all, and until I can afford to own them all at once, I will own them one at a time... 

Offline Old No 7

• Bike: BMW R850GS
  • Live Life while you still have it.
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 06:22:20 am »
GPS Co-ords please.

Coordinates: 25 54' 07.13" S / 30 16' 48.04" E. :thumleft:

Thank you

Offline ChinaPete

• 乘风破浪
  • Bike: Singer (all models)
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 09:48:16 am »
another kooky dude is Eric von Daniken (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_von_D%C3%A4niken) - his whole "Ancient Aliens" philosophy has been turned into a series of the same name.... lots of stuff in there that's a pot of crock, but some stuff can't be explained away by modern science... like the Mayan's had rocket ships etc, etc. 

very interesting....

I enjoyed reading the Chariot of the Gods, Von Dainekin certainly has some controversial views but it's entertaining stuff.