Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The Wilddog Spirit  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Grootseun

Re: The Wilddog Spirit
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 02:40:41 pm »
Zonkel.

Like Adventurer said.. you throw your own very large and unique shadow...

It is difficult to come even remotely close to your level of ride reports 'specially them solo ones.

you play an extremely important role on this forum...

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 04:14:36 pm »
Zonkel.

Yes. He knows where all the shebeens are. :biggrin:
He who angers you, controls you.

Offline Grootseun

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 04:15:44 pm »
Zonkel.

Yes. He knows where all the shebeens are. :biggrin:

yup... and all that PUI...btw.. when's the next session...

Offline Tonteldoos

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 04:19:27 pm »
Ja and all of this happen cause Super Girl tuned Zonk lekker on the WD bash ride while we were sitting in the sun waiting for the bike ambulance..

Zonk never new it's gonna take you so long to overcome the lashing..

Never the less I have enjoyed everytime that I have been with you on a ride.

Take some respect bru if some-else post piccies of your ride on their web pages
Challenge = Innovation = Change

Offline Grootseun

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 04:20:52 pm »
Ja and all of this happen cause Super Girl tuned Zonk lekker on the WD bash ride while we were sitting in the sun waiting for the bike ambulance..

Zonk never new it's gonna take you so long to overcome the lashing..

Never the less I have enjoyed everytime that I have been with you on a ride.

Take some respect bru if some-else post piccies of your ride on their web pages

so what did she tune him???

what's the whole story.. seems im missing some details here...

Offline Zonkelmonk

• Whatever
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Yo! Sup?
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 04:59:24 pm »
Thanks for all the compliments. But this is not what this tread is about. Let me fill you in why I wrote this.

On Sunday??s ride with the KTM people, there were guys that can really ride well and another that fell a bit behind. He also was the one that had a handicap. Not to go into what the physical handicap was, and not that he rode badly, but he was not in the league of the others. But as soon as we stopped, he was embraced by the Wilddog people on the ride with open arms. This is also where he felt at home. Understand me well, he did ride very well, but not like the others. And never did he stop going. When he had a mishap, he got onto the bike and rode further. And this is the spirit of the Wilddogs, and that is why he felt at home more with the Wilddog members on the trip, than with the others. It was the Wilddog members that helped and were there for him. And never on one trip did anyone ever let a fellow Wilddog rider be left behind (fubar !! , no we are not navy seals). But, even when another rider (his name sounds something like ratel) went astray, the message from Funacide was clear. Even if we wait the whole day for him to return, we will wait. Now, tell me that this is not what the Wilddog spirit is all about?

Again, this is not about me or any one individual, it is about the entire forum members. I do not think there is one member that do not look up to the others and think the same as I do ??Hell, they ride well.? And looking up to them they know that today??s ride will be the best.

So, let??s devote this thread to all the Wilddog members that keep this spirit going. Never knocking anyone (ok, maybe we joke about the bikes) but will always be there to join in and give their time and effort to help each other.

And honestly, where do we get that anywhere. We do not know each other, but when we meet the first time, it??s like we have been friends for a long time. Having trust, faith and respect for the other.

Maybe it is the normal spirit of bikers, but I know better. The fathers of this forum put something together that will be hard to match. Thank you to them.

P.S. No, the girls (supergirl) is not the reason for this thread, but damn, I did meet my match  :-[
100001 110010 1101010

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 05:16:31 pm »

P.S. No, the girls (supergirl) is not the reason for this thread, but damn, I did meet my match  :-[

So did she kark you out? ;D ;D She's going with us to Moz in a few weeks time, just need to know what I am in for....... ??? ;D
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline Plothond

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • I was powerslide pozer KING & TV personality
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2007, 05:17:19 pm »
I would hate to go astray and not have someone to look out for me, and thus - I will do my absolute best to make sure that where it is within my ability - I will look after others as well

Yes, maybe it does permeate through the ranks - and that is good and that is why I ride here

My first trip was last years charity run. Nervous as hell - stranger in the midst. One by one the members came up to me and greeted me

Yes Zonkol - that IS the spirit  :)
I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure anymore

The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work

Offline Zonkelmonk

• Whatever
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Yo! Sup?
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007, 05:32:49 pm »

So did she kark you out? ;D ;D She's going with us to Moz in a few weeks time, just need to know what I am in for....... ??? ;D

Ye, she is not called Supergirl for nothing, and Ratel is called that for a reason  ;)

Yes Plothond, I find it on every ride. The first ride with Sharkie I was very green. He could see that I was green but never did he get frustrated. He kept with me till the end. On our Moz trip, the same thing. I struggled my arse of in the sand, but he came back for me. There I made a huge mistake by thinking he went on ahead, so we missed each other as I also kept on trying. So when he went back to look for me, we got separated. It was me not understanding the spirit of looking after your buddy, Shark did. Up to today I still feel bad about it.

But I think you understand the mission with this thread. Let each one of us give a situation where this spirit came thru. I want to read other members experience. I can write pages, each one of the members I had the pleasure riding with I could write something about. And maybe I will tell everyone how Leo saved my ass...  :-[
100001 110010 1101010

Offline funacide

• Administrator
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
    • Mediro Business Service Management
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 05:39:19 pm »
Zonk

I think that the Title of the topic says it all, it is about the spirit that gets maintained through thick and thin. Like when I broke down and you stayed behind to help and get me into camp even though I am not the best towee.

Doing the river bed on the KTM for the first time, there were experienced riders who could have finished it in 2 hours max but they stayed in the heat to help those of us who were battling through without once moaning, and then seeing the enjoyment in even their faces when I finished a tricky area almost as if they had achieved it themselves...

Awesome stuff and it is always a pleasure riding with any of the WILD DOGS

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
KTM 1190 ADV R

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Pretoria
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2007, 05:43:52 pm »
Not laughing at my stupid questions and always ready to give advise and tips.

Funacide and Popipants erecting my tent for me 01H00 in the morning.  :redface: :cool:

Eish. Lot's more. As you said. Can write pages of my experiences riding with the WD's.

He who angers you, controls you.

Offline Stofstreep

• Semi-retired
  • Deleted Users
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Hot and humid
    • On a Dust cloud in Africa
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2007, 06:07:17 pm »
Funacide and Popipants erecting my tent for me 01H00 in the morning.

WHAT!!!!!

;D ;D
Be careful of the words you say.
And keep them soft and sweet.
For you never know from day to day.
Which ones you'll have to eat.

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2007, 06:36:29 pm »
I don't know why you are showing so much respect to others when it is we who should show you respect Zonk. Ever since reading your ride reports I have been a fan of yours. I often think of that solo-trip you did. Inspiring stuff!

What's that white spot on your crotch? sies man!

>:D matched the splotch on his shirt... however... it's only dust on the lens  ;)
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 07:57:50 pm »
Myself, Peaches and Cherry have met a huge amount of WD members during our travels around SA, and we have yet to meet a WD member who we have not gotten on with, the way people are always willing to help others, no matter what the requirement, for no other reward than the satisfaction of having helped a person in need, a very humbling experience.....
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline Supergirl

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2007, 08:52:46 pm »
I totally agree ;)

The spirit is awesome on every ride!!

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of riders that stopped (because of concern or "toe word ons dors") when I went flying without kryptonite ;D

Offline BlouVark

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 10:23:51 pm »
Nice one Zonk.

I passed the entrance to a little track Rebel, D7 & I did last year near Nelspruit. I sat there laughing thinking back because we seriously kakked off doing that bit, but we all clicked together carring bikes over fallen trees etc. The thing that impressed was that we all only just met the day before. Since then it's been like that on every ride with any of the other wild dogs. I've met some awesome people I never would have met if it wasn't for this forum, made some good friend & learned a lot from them.

Thanks & huge respect to you all.

You can always rinse the surface
but the stain will remain.

D7

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 10:37:10 pm »
Zonk
mate
I got my 1st puncture, with absolutely no gear, with you
gave you a wary eye in the morn..
respected you at noon,,
was a fan by the evening!!

You've taught some also,  matey...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 10:39:10 pm by D7 »

Offline Tonteldoos

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2007, 08:53:27 am »
On last year's Vaalwater run, the missus put her bike down a couple of times, and Zonk amongst other WD members were always there to help her up, waited for us, give advice, look-up, stand-up, look for lines... and Zonk with a bit of slang-byt to calm & settle the nerves..

Must admit the spirit amongs the members are awesome and would second Zonks suggestion regarding the fathers of this forum.
Challenge = Innovation = Change

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2007, 09:20:40 am »
Is there any other way??  Maybe its because a lot of us experienced 'swaarkry' before and know what 'buddies' is about.  Would love to claim reponsibility for this (as would the other mods), but I think this spirit is more South African in nature and liked to the spirit of the members than have anything to do with the mods - I'm proud to be a member too...

H

Offline Miena Moo

• Pack Dog
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2007, 01:04:46 pm »
I have to say I experience the spirit on every trip we do.
Being a Newbie and sometimes only doing 60km on the dirt everyone is always patient with me giving advice and praise.

Especially Groenie and Zerc (On the Gautend trip and the Newbie ride)

Thanks you guys and girls you are the best!
MOOOOOOOOOOOO  
Proud owner of a F650GS WITH A CENTER STAND