Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Honda XR650L vs. Husqvarna TE610iE  (Read 3976 times)

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
Re: Honda XR650L vs. Husqvarna TE610iE
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2012, 01:44:12 pm »
Chris

Ek sien jou pyp maak nes myne. Die verf kom af op die headers.

Offline Chris_M

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2012, 01:48:06 pm »
Chris

Ja ai tog Grrr.., dit is byna al af, maar is nie roes nog ..Ek het gebak koei drol daar en dit het nie gehelp nie.

Offline Grrrr....

• Grey hound
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2012, 01:54:07 pm »
Chris

Ja ai tog Grrr.., dit is byna al af, maar is nie roes nog ..Ek het gebak koei drol daar en dit het nie gehelp nie.

Ek is lus en vra ek soek nuwe headers, bike gaan Vrydag in vir sy 1000km service. Die bike het nog nie eers 100kms gedoen nie toe begin dit en ek worry dat dit gaan begin roes hier in die Kaap.

Offline Chris_M

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2012, 01:58:51 pm »
Chris

Ek is lus en vra ek soek nuwe headers, bike gaan Vrydag in vir sy 1000km service. Die bike het nog nie eers 100kms gedoen nie toe begin dit en ek worry dat dit gaan begin roes hier in die Kaap.

Grrrr pm blauth hy het 'n paar scorch of simalar headers gemaak het en dit het gelyk wonderlike, dink hulle het beter vloei as oem?as jy dit nie reg pm my kom en stuur aan u sy nommer. Verskoon asb my Afrikaans
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:02:00 pm by Chris_M »

Offline Grrrr....

• Grey hound
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2012, 02:01:56 pm »
Chris

Grrrr pm blauth hy het 'n paar scorch of simalar headers gemaak het en dit het gelyk wonderlike, dink hulle het beter vloei as oem?as jy dit nie reg pm my kom en siek aan u sy nommer.verskoon my Afrikaans

Sorry my bru, didn't know you speak the enemies language.  :D

Scorch makes headers for the XR. Will look lekker with my Scorch exhaust but sommer the moer in that they pealed so soon so almost feel Honda should pick up the bill.

Offline Chris_M

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2012, 02:08:02 pm »
Chris

Grrrr pm blauth hy het 'n paar scorch of simalar headers gemaak het en dit het gelyk wonderlike, dink hulle het beter vloei as oem?as jy dit nie reg pm my kom en siek aan u sy nommer.verskoon my Afrikaans

Sorry my bru, didn't know you speak the enemies language.  :D

Scorch makes headers for the XR. Will look lekker with my Scorch exhaust but sommer the moer in that they pealed so soon so almost feel Honda should pick up the bill.

No sweat  ;D I thought mine was shot from sand so thought it par for the course, perhaps take it up with Honda, they may just sort it out? Blauths pipes really look neat he had stainless steel ones made up I think may be on the xr650l thread.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:09:45 pm by Chris_M »

Offline Buks

• RR's no more!!
  • Race Dog
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2012, 03:40:45 pm »
 :pot:
...en onthou - die ou "Vet Sussie met haar PEP pantie" kan 'n 20m afgrond met 'n "3 bike trailer" op haar rug oorleef....... :mwink: :lamer:
2012 Honda XR650L

THE PAST :   '83 Honda MT5; '84 Honda MTX200R; '8? Kawa GPZ550; '79 Honda XL185S; '94 Honda XLR250R; '08 BMW G650Xchallenge; '95 Honda Africa Twin; '10 Honda XR125L; '10 Yamaha XT250; '09 Husqvarna TE610; '10 Honda XR250 Tornado... and more than a dozen Honda + Yamaha ATV's + 1 Arctic Cat DVX400.

Offline dirtWarp

• Race Dog
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2012, 07:24:49 pm »
You have convinced me Buks!

I'm going to retire my 'berg and fire my wife.

It will now be the XRL and one of these:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 07:25:54 pm by dirtWarp »

Offline Chris_M

« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2012, 07:59:51 pm »

Looks more like an Enfield pillion to me   ;D just kidding dw agreed you make an interesting point, she looks like she never said no to a bj as was mentioned earlier. ;D.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:12:42 pm by Chris_M »

Offline bonova

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Get busy living or get busy dying
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2012, 08:01:12 pm »
First of all, this is a comparison from an owner/ex-owner’s viewpoint, without a clear winner at all!!
I had my Husky for 5000k’s before selling it maybe too soon! I have done 3000k’s now with the XRL, on basically the same routes, although I have yet to take the XRL through Lesotho and Bastervoet, as I’ve done with the Husky.
As you know both are 650 class thumpers, originating from enduro bikes.
Both are rather tall, and putting your foot down in technical terrain can be a challenge sometimes.
The Husky is WAY sexier than the Exaar, but the XR has a strange kind of old school basic hardcore beauty to it.
The Husky has all the “big brand name” components; the Exaar just has components…..
The Husky is surprisingly not much faster (stock for stock), yes, it is a bit faster, but not by much I believe.
BUT, the biggest surprise to me is the Exaar’s old school suspension, which to me works just as well as the Husky’s fancy ones!!
The Exaar has a substantially more comfortable saddle, thus making it more comfortable on longer rides – as the suspension is more or less on par.
The Husky has a substantially longer fuel-range, not only because it has a 2l bigger tank, but because it is quite a bit more frugal with the fuel!
It is easier to get luggage on the “wider” Exaar than on the “slim” Husky….
Nothing vibrates loose on the XR – on the Husky you have to fasten some stuff after every trip!
Obviously the XR is simpler to maintain… and doesn’t mind “cheaper” oil vs. the expensive fully synthetic in the TE.
Both bikes give/gave me NO shyte, except stuff getting loose on the Husky and bulbs blowing regularly.
The XR gives me more confidence to venture off far into the unknown, although, as I say, the Husky had never ever let me down!
To be honest – if money wasn’t an issue- I would own both!!!
Although it’s good to read that Husky is back in SA, I’m afraid it is going to be marketed at a premium price to the elite!!! That and the fact that genuine Husky’s like the TE610 is slowly disappearing in the wake of corporate giant BMW, makes me glad and a bit sad (the TE610 is a legend now) that I’m out of the brand.
Lastly I think it’s safe to say that I have owned and enjoyed possibly the BEST real Husky DS ever!!!
Luckily everytime I board the XR – all sadness disappears, and the next adventure begins!!!  :biggrin:

Is that a Yamaha 660 Tenere bashplate u zip-tied to your honda?  :pot:
BMW F650 DAKAR ; BMW 650 X-Challenge ; YAMAHA 660 TENERE ; BMW 800 GS KTM 200EXC. Now - KTM 950 Adventure S, KTM 250 XC-W and BMW 450 Rally

if u are interested in something no matter what it is, go at it full speed ahead, luke warm is no good, hot is no good either, white hot and passionate is the only thing to be...

Offline dirtWarp

• Race Dog
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2012, 08:13:31 pm »
Looks more like an Enfield pillion to me   ;D
:imaposer:
Jy moes nooit daai bleddie Enfield in my garage gesien het nie!!

Offline Chris_M

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2012, 08:29:48 pm »
Looks more like an Enfield pillion to me   ;D
:imaposer:
Jy moes nooit daai bleddie Enfield in my garage gesien het nie!!

;D

Offline Buks

• RR's no more!!
  • Race Dog
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2012, 10:55:06 am »

:imaposer: :eek7: :imaposer: :o ::)
fAA...RRRK....
No, please rather keep your current setup... :peepwall:

First of all, this is a comparison from an owner/ex-owner’s viewpoint, without a clear winner at all!!
I had my Husky for 5000k’s before selling it maybe too soon! I have done 3000k’s now with the XRL, on basically the same routes, although I have yet to take the XRL through Lesotho and Bastervoet, as I’ve done with the Husky.
As you know both are 650 class thumpers, originating from enduro bikes.
Both are rather tall, and putting your foot down in technical terrain can be a challenge sometimes.
The Husky is WAY sexier than the Exaar, but the XR has a strange kind of old school basic hardcore beauty to it.
The Husky has all the “big brand name” components; the Exaar just has components…..
The Husky is surprisingly not much faster (stock for stock), yes, it is a bit faster, but not by much I believe.
BUT, the biggest surprise to me is the Exaar’s old school suspension, which to me works just as well as the Husky’s fancy ones!!
The Exaar has a substantially more comfortable saddle, thus making it more comfortable on longer rides – as the suspension is more or less on par.
The Husky has a substantially longer fuel-range, not only because it has a 2l bigger tank, but because it is quite a bit more frugal with the fuel!
It is easier to get luggage on the “wider” Exaar than on the “slim” Husky….
Nothing vibrates loose on the XR – on the Husky you have to fasten some stuff after every trip!
Obviously the XR is simpler to maintain… and doesn’t mind “cheaper” oil vs. the expensive fully synthetic in the TE.
Both bikes give/gave me NO shyte, except stuff getting loose on the Husky and bulbs blowing regularly.
The XR gives me more confidence to venture off far into the unknown, although, as I say, the Husky had never ever let me down!
To be honest – if money wasn’t an issue- I would own both!!!
Although it’s good to read that Husky is back in SA, I’m afraid it is going to be marketed at a premium price to the elite!!! That and the fact that genuine Husky’s like the TE610 is slowly disappearing in the wake of corporate giant BMW, makes me glad and a bit sad (the TE610 is a legend now) that I’m out of the brand.
Lastly I think it’s safe to say that I have owned and enjoyed possibly the BEST real Husky DS ever!!!
Luckily everytime I board the XR – all sadness disappears, and the next adventure begins!!!  :biggrin:

Is that a Yamaha 660 Tenere bashplate u zip-tied to your honda?  :pot:

:thumleft: Yup, its the only part on the bike that leaks oil ..... :peepwall:
2012 Honda XR650L

THE PAST :   '83 Honda MT5; '84 Honda MTX200R; '8? Kawa GPZ550; '79 Honda XL185S; '94 Honda XLR250R; '08 BMW G650Xchallenge; '95 Honda Africa Twin; '10 Honda XR125L; '10 Yamaha XT250; '09 Husqvarna TE610; '10 Honda XR250 Tornado... and more than a dozen Honda + Yamaha ATV's + 1 Arctic Cat DVX400.