Race 3 - Melkbos 4 x 4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy Muzzy

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I am very new to the whole kids race scene so last night we packed everything in the bakkie except the kitchen sink .. 5:30am and the alarm went off, I decided to get up super early to cook up some hamburgers and make a pot of coffee for the day ahead.

We were so eager that we were one of the 1st to arrive at the track, it was still dark when we were setting up in the pit area, older and wiser than for the 1st race at Zone 7 -  although in our haste to get there early we left all the food and coffee behind  :dousing: so my brother was the poor bugger who headed back home to fetch the grub for the day.. while he was doing that I found the admin table and filled out the reg docs and paid up, it was then that I saw coffee and food for sale.. sigh, we live and learn.

Before long the lads were all lined up for the race ahead, this was my 1st time to melkbos 4 x 4 and so far I was impressed, it is quite a nice place. My lad was nervous as he had no idea what to expect but at least this time he was emotionally ok to gve it a go.

The kids get a riders briefing

race2pic3.jpg

Lining up, all systems go

race2pic4.jpg

Race2pic2.jpg

after a little the fog really rolled in and not long after that the 1st riders, dave ( Beserkers ) kids came in really quick , i was hoping that
my one would be finished his 1st lap in about 40min which means he could easily fit in 2 laps to the top okes who are easily getting in 4 laps.

40 min, 50min.. still no Troy.. sigh, time to get a little worried, 60min, 70 min stress levels raise a little more.. at long last here he comes over the last few hills
taking his sweet time and having a blast, i stopped him just before the finish and waited for the race time to run out so he could get the chequered flag and his finishers medal

The rest of the trip home was full of war stories and how deep that sand was..

Well done to all the kids who were there, it is a lekker atmosphere and a great experience.