Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Ladysmith to North/South Coast  (Read 638 times)

Offline Fearless

• Shop Mods
  • Pack Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
Ladysmith to North/South Coast
« on: June 19, 2012, 10:03:24 am »
 Please give me some suggestions for a trip, dirt or black top from Ladysmith to North/South Coast. Accomodation can be B&B.
Ek is as gevolg van wat ek glo. 2006 Suzuki Burgman 400, 2010 Honda Transalp 700AV.

Offline Broncoza

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Beta (all models)
Re: Ladysmith to North/South Coast
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 07:16:54 am »
Hey Fearless

I find the easiest is to climb on the N3 at Colenso and drive south for about 180 clics then decide to turn left or right just before your front wheel hits the blue wet stuff!!!!  :imaposer:

Seriously though see if you can't get hold of some of the dogs from Hillcrest/Kloof and find out about routs throught York, Dargle Impendle etc .

See if you can raise Badger ot Eesbee or one of those guys,  they probably have the route on their GPS that they can mail you.

Offline Fearless

• Shop Mods
  • Pack Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 04:57:57 pm »
For somebody that is never on a bike you have got lots of humor. Went down to Toti the normal way but came back Ixopo, Bulwer, Howick. Piss cold. Am going back that way. Saw lots of potential.
Ek is as gevolg van wat ek glo. 2006 Suzuki Burgman 400, 2010 Honda Transalp 700AV.

Offline Alpine Al

• You dont stop playin 'cause you get old, you get old 'cause you stop playin.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • If life throws you lemons reach for the tequila!!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 11:08:38 am »
Hey Fearless
My suggestion would always be to take the road less travelled and where cars go slowly.
Why not go Ladysmith,spioenkop,winterton,estcourt,white mountain,kamberg,loteni,underberg,donnybrook,ixopo,highflats,dumisa,umzinto,scottburgh.
OR ixopo,umzimkhulu,harding,paddock,shelly beach. I know most of these roads and they're awesome to bike. You can do it easily in a day but a stop near Donnybrook or Ixopo would be better.
I know places and people along the way, let me know when you want to do the ride, I may want to come along. PM me if you wish.
Anyone suggesting you take the n3 needs to get themselves an Uno!
Bike history : Honda 50cc, Yamaha 175 DT, Honda 200R, Honda XL 500, Yamaha YZ 465, Yamaha IT490 CURENT BIKES: Honda CRF 450R, GS 1200. PRESENT BIKES : KTM 525 Street legal,  and BMW GSA.

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window!!