Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Re-Mapping of your BMW R1200GS/GSA's ECU ......... Graphs added?  (Read 5496 times)

Offline Duke916

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: Re-Mapping of your BMW R1200GS/GSA's ECU ......... who would be keen?
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 08:23:08 am »
3k up in Gauteng can work for me but traveling down to CT will cost me more than the R needed to buy and dyno  a pc up here . Stuff the waranty mine's gone many moons ago  :mwink:
Then : RD50  550 Four  900F   CBX  CBX Prolink XL 500 XR 500  CR 450  MTX 200  916 BIP

Now :  1100RC  R100 RT    1098  RGV 250  KTM 495  R 1200GS ADV    KLR650

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 08:31:24 am »
Ok - Geoff has indicated that he could re-map 5 to 6 bikes a day...........  will call him later today and discuss what he'd want?

Obviously a helluva long trip to SA, but we could use this as a great opportunity to promote SA as a riding destination as well.
Costs we'd look at would be flights, accomodation & food...........  no idea on timeline. but let me see whether I can get some more info - will pass on!
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ‹(•Ώ•)›

Offline Duke916

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 08:46:53 am »
Maybe the dogs can help with accomodation for a discount   :pot: Might have a contact in PTA for cheaper dyno and maybe a bit of info swap   ???
Then : RD50  550 Four  900F   CBX  CBX Prolink XL 500 XR 500  CR 450  MTX 200  916 BIP

Now :  1100RC  R100 RT    1098  RGV 250  KTM 495  R 1200GS ADV    KLR650

Offline Brandt

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 09:01:15 am »
sub..

Offline ceasar

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 02:23:36 pm »
Lets say we do it, ...is there a way to "reverse" the ECU flash, or get it back to the BMW spec? I agree fully with the fueling problem, and the R3k layout, although high, sounds like an investment to me. The fueling modules out there like WL and PC are doing a great job, but they don't replace the base problem, which is the risky way in which BMW overcame the EU3 emission control legislation by leaning out the AF mix. I reckon, they decided that the engine is bulletproof, and they don't have an engine right now to replace the iconic boxer with, (that's why the watercooled model is on its way mind you) so they are going to cast everything in the wind and rely on the engine's inherent longevity. We cant rely on that, because we don't get the same high octane fuel, 98RON here in SA land!

But the service will have to be "sold" to a competent workshop in RSA to do it for us, with dyno capabilities. I would rather go the route of having someone in SA do this for us, but under the guidance of your Guy in the UK. Will this be possible?

I'm subscribed...

Offline Goose

• Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 03:48:54 pm »
Lets say we do it, ...is there a way to "reverse" the ECU flash, or get it back to the BMW spec? I agree fully with the fueling problem, and the R3k layout, although high, sounds like an investment to me. The fueling modules out there like WL and PC are doing a great job, but they don't replace the base problem, which is the risky way in which BMW overcame the EU3 emission control legislation by leaning out the AF mix. I reckon, they decided that the engine is bulletproof, and they don't have an engine right now to replace the iconic boxer with, (that's why the watercooled model is on its way mind you) so they are going to cast everything in the wind and rely on the engine's inherent longevity. We cant rely on that, because we don't get the same high octane fuel, 98RON here in SA land!

But the service will have to be "sold" to a competent workshop in RSA to do it for us, with dyno capabilities. I would rather go the route of having someone in SA do this for us, but under the guidance of your Guy in the UK. Will this be possible?

I'm subscribed...

This was my thought as well.......... understandably he's obviously very protective over his methods and software.......... it is after all his company, income etc. so to just ask him to "give" us his technology is tantamount to walking into a bank and asking them to hand over their cash... I for one would quite simply teel anyone that asks or expects that to get stuffed.

So diplomacy and discussion is what it's all about......... obviously we would all like to have the best performance from our bikes - longevity... well at this stage this is questionable indeed......... 

lets see what tomorrow brings!
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ‹(•Ώ•)›

Offline Aprilian

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • 1200 BMX
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 04:22:08 pm »
Would be interested and can guarantee another 2 interested parties.
Surely if I was obsessed with motorcycles I’d have more than one; no two; no three; no no, four… ah, never mind…

Offline Aprilian

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • 1200 BMX
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 04:23:45 pm »
And now get the damn spotlights, won't you!   :imaposer:
Surely if I was obsessed with motorcycles I’d have more than one; no two; no three; no no, four… ah, never mind…

Offline Goose

• Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 07:34:08 pm »
And now get the damn spotlights, won't you!   :imaposer:

Offline Liggie

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 11:06:54 pm »
I am interested if it can be done in Jhb!  :drif:

Offline Triple Trompie

• Bike: Triumph 800 XC
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 11:47:02 pm »

Nee man, ons ry af Kaap toe, dan kan jou swaer sommer saam ry. Mos n goeie verskoning vir n trippie.
AS JY OOR DIE BOERE WIL KLA MOET NIE MET N MOND VOL KOS PRAAT NIE!!!!

Offline Goose

• Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2012, 02:35:20 pm »

Nee man, ons ry af Kaap toe, dan kan jou swaer sommer saam ry. Mos n goeie verskoning vir n trippie.

EN .. om die bike te toets oor 'n afstand!!!  :mwink:

Offline fred400

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • XL250R, DRZ400E, 650Dakar, all gone.
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 04:27:09 pm »
Yip this looks interesting - I am one of the other two interested parties Aprilian is refering too...Man if I can get the 1200 to smooth out at small throttle openings...me smile a lot....and at a good price...
p.s Goose - spots- what am I talking about....the wires are already hanging out the front of my 650........
Accunamatata...Current wheels- 1200GS, 650BMX and KDX 2-smoker

Offline Camel

• Panniers on the back
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2012, 01:37:20 pm »
Will be interested, please keep us informed to plan around in advance, could make a nice trip from PE.

Offline Goose

• Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2012, 03:50:39 pm »
Ok chaps - looks like this will happen!!

The people are interested - they have asked me to put a proposal together.

For those of you interested - please PM me your full details and email address so that we can start the dialogue for this  :thumleft:

Offline Old fart

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2012, 04:05:26 pm »
PM send. :ricky:
"Every day above ground is a good day!!!!

Offline madmax

• Bike: Rotax (all models)
  • I may be MAD but it MAX no difference
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2012, 05:09:16 pm »
i would be keen but wont pm yet because ....my worry is resetting for coast would not be correct for altitude ?????
fornicate the proletariat

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2012, 09:10:08 am »
Goose - does this apply to the DOHC post 2010 models only or also ito the pre-2010 SOHC models as well?

If it does include the SOHC models, I will try and another 2009 from Jhb to ride down.....
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

Offline Goose

• Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2012, 09:28:26 am »
Goose - does this apply to the DOHC post 2010 models only or also ito the pre-2010 SOHC models as well?

If it does include the SOHC models, I will try and another 2009 from Jhb to ride down.....

This applies to both the SOHC and DOHC engines.

At the moment the general feeling would be that we should try to arrange a centre in Cape Town as well as one in JHB.

We're looking for about 20 bikes/people that are willing to share the costs to make this venture viable.
Costs would include a return flight to the UK for this chap and his computer........ accomodation and meals as well as perhaps the use of a GS/A and to take him on some trips in the Western Cape as well as Gauteng area. We'd probably look at around 10-day period to make it viable - sort of "working-holiday" to make it worth his while.
I'd like to suggest that the outrides/trips are put together in such a way that on his return to the UK - he would be so taken aback by this whole trip in SA that he'd promote our riding area's and people as a riding venture. (He has the connections)

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2012, 09:35:09 am »

This applies to both the SOHC and DOHC engines.

At the moment the general feeling would be that we should try to arrange a centre in Cape Town as well as one in JHB.

We're looking for about 20 bikes/people that are willing to share the costs to make this venture viable.
Costs would include a return flight to the UK for this chap and his computer........ accomodation and meals as well as perhaps the use of a GS/A and to take him on some trips in the Western Cape as well as Gauteng area. We'd probably look at around 10-day period to make it viable - sort of "working-holiday" to make it worth his while.
I'd like to suggest that the outrides/trips are put together in such a way that on his return to the UK - he would be so taken aback by this whole trip in SA that he'd promote our riding area's and people as a riding venture. (He has the connections)

It would be great if we can get a Jhb venue - I am much more likely to be available, and if i am not, the bike will be (I am due in Australia, cost is insane!!) - rides around here can be organised as we all know - I am happy to help. What accomodation are you looking at - hotel, B&B, staying with a WD?
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!