Very short solo ride today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodlau

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
The SWAMBO is at a charity bridge drive and I was alone and wanting something to do.  On the spur of the moment went for a short ride east of Pretoria.

Nothing fancy as I am alone and he last thing I need is to be out of cell range and get a puncture.  I even have to get someone to help me lift the bike.  Go the bike out and it started to rain. Very lightly and by the looks of it right above me.  Obeyed the ATGATT law and ready to go.

The trusty steed in the driveway

bikecs.jpg

Got off the tar at the first opportunity and merely followed the front wheel wherever it would take me.  Took various interesting turnoffs and mostly landed up at a dead end.  But it was fun and most important I was out of the house and getting experience on dirt roads.  I am a Noob and battle with mud and sand in a big way and getting used to gravel and corrugations in the road.  But I need a whole lot more practice.

This is the "main" road I followed.  One turnoff landed up on an airstrip a guy has on his chicken farm.  Two guys working on a plane, looked like a crop spray aircraft and waved.  All very friendly.

roadck.jpg

And finally a view from the road.  Typical winter highveld scenery, but better than sitting indoors. 

viewih.jpg

What I really was amazed at was the number of kids (ages where a razor is not yet required) riding quads and in one case a home made go kart on the road with absolutely no safety gear at all.  How do parents allow this?
In the two and a half hour ride I did 120KM.  Very short, very lekker.