Now this is what I'm talking about !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidetrack

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Ok so I have a DRZ 400 but I always loved the paris dakar look of the KTM adventure, Africa Twin etc. type bikes with the mini fairing. So I started looking at various setups and building my own stuff, like the big lights. But it's still not a proper setup, the closest I got was with this but I was not happy with the setup offroad. it always felt and looked diy homemade :cry:

DSCF5047.jpg

Then I came across this pic, and the DRZ is a BEAUT :twisted:

yt01_700.jpg

The bike was built for the Dakar rally. I want that kinda setup minus the large tank. If a fairing like this can be built around my current tank I'll be happy. My question is this, is there someone in Gauteng that can build something like that and how much do you guys reckon it will cost ? No use in trying myself because I just do not have the proper tools (TIG welder etc) to do it myself.

PS - I'm keeping my DRZ forever so no use in suggesting I just buy a Adventurer or the like :wink: I just want to make my bike to fit me and make it one of a kind.