Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: SCOOTERS & SHROOMS ~ transporting body & mind  (Read 339 times)

Offline wildside

SCOOTERS & SHROOMS ~ transporting body & mind
« on: June 30, 2012, 08:42:21 pm »
This is not really a Ride Report but I want to share with you a couple of pics of a visit to my kids who have just set up home in Bali- Indonesia.

Scooters are very much the order of the day which makes a lot of sense when one experiences the traffic congestion. This whole visit turned in to a wonderful experience. One can’t help but notice the lack of ‘agro’ on the roads and very little in the way of noticeable crime.  You can quite happily leave your shopping on the parked scooter and expect it to be there when you return.

HEADING OFF TO DINNER ON THE BACK OF CALVINS BIKE (MY SON) ~ GREAT EXCITEMENT!

GOING SHOPPING WITH MY DAUGHTER, ROXY

BIKES PARKED AT KUTA BEACH

RICE PADDYS

A COUPLE OF AMUSING SIGHTS

These ‘Scoopies’ are a very popular bike amongst the ladies and my daughter hopes to be buying one for herself shortly.

The kids bullied me into experiencing the ‘mushroom’ thing with them.....it was a good for a giggle but......NEVER EVER AGAIN!

It was a great experience.....but for a biking holiday, for me....... nothing beats AFRICA on an XT!!   :ricky:
"Heading out to where pavement turns to sand"
                                                         Neil Young

RIDE REPORTS:
*Namibian Meander 2009 * Botswana 09 *A(nother) Sani Sunday * Saturday Ride Fever * Welcome to the Wildcoast * Riding the Rift ~ East Africa 2011 * In and out of Snow Valley * Wildsides ride to the Bash 'n back *  Bali with my Baby~2013  * Unwrapping the Cape for Christmas~2015 * Back to Bots~Kubu Island @ High Tide 2016 * A Piece of Pondoland~2018 *Squaring the Circle

Offline Samou

Re: SCOOTERS & SHROOMS ~ transporting body & mind
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 09:18:17 pm »
Thanks for sharing the other side's type of RR LoL
Ego = 1/knowledge

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 09:52:13 pm »
The scoot thing I can do but that 'shroom drink'  :patch: Hope it tastes better than it look!! :deal:

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Hou die blink kant in!
    • Koedoeskloof Country Lodge
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 07:09:51 am »
Cool stuff!
I love the East, the people with their smiling chilled non agro attitude and gazillions of scooters allsorts.
If I knew what I know now I would not have spent half my youth in Europe and would much rather have spent time travelling on that side of the world.
Did the scooter and shroom shake thang in Thailand as well and giggled all night long like silly kids. Harmless fun really.
TVB, those shakes in her photos don't look very appetizing and you don't really want to taste the shrooms either but they disguise it very well with whatever else is in them.

Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258  http://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  facebook - Koedoeskloof Country Lodge, Dwarsrivier, Ladismith, WC
Life is like hitch hiking, just when you think you're not going to get a lift, you don't.