Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Firecoast gets a slapper...  (Read 4505 times)

Offline JIMBO

• Bike: Suzuki DR350
  • The Great TOAG
    • Hardcore Volcano
Re: Firecoast gets a slapper...
« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2012, 02:59:51 pm »
I would like to know more about this biokenetics (I actually have no inkling about what it is).  My stepson in law (I think) is due to do a session for his back.  Can you give more info or point to a website. 

Thanks.   

Offline Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Mommy Fairy :)
« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2012, 03:16:17 pm »
If a biokinetisist (sp?) is anything like a physio... I will rather sit with a farked up shoulder for life.... maak my nie weer seer nie!!!
"Don't let your ice cream melt while you're counting somebody else's sprinkles."

Offline Crowley

« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2012, 03:21:54 pm »
Have a look at this site http://www.biokinetics.org.za/. I like it when they have their practice as part of a gym, allows me to work on the equipment that I'm used to and I can go and practices on my own schedule with them working a program out for me.

Don't know where you are located but have a look at the website.

It is covered by most medical schemes although as always not enough. They often are mistaken for a personal trainer but they actually have a 3 year degree so they should be a bit better. Personally it worked for me but my mindset is that if you want to fix it you will have to work it. This might not work for others.

Offline Crowley

« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2012, 03:22:41 pm »
If a biokinetisist (sp?) is anything like a physio... I will rather sit with a farked up shoulder for life.... maak my nie weer seer nie!!!

Pissie
 :pot:

Offline Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2012, 03:26:34 pm »

Pissie
 :pot:

I know!  :biggrin:
"Don't let your ice cream melt while you're counting somebody else's sprinkles."

Offline bmad

• Wannabe Poser
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
    • Vintage Motorcycle Club
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2012, 03:29:16 pm »

if she is hot, it's worth it...

oh wait, you're a girl  >:D

Seriously, they are good. More like PT instructors that make you work seriously hard and fix you up better through conditioning rather than manipulation (as a physio would do).
I only kept going because of the young fit, firm, beautiful, hot, ...  

:dousing: lost my train of thought there  :biggrin: oh yes, very good PT instructor that helped me sort out my back.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

Offline Carrol

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • PJLHF - my "mantra"
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2012, 07:48:21 pm »
Physios are underestimated. They do extremely good work. If you want to bike again, go see a physio Firecoast. If you lived in Riversdale I would have sent you to the right person otherwise go to the physios at the University of Cape Town's sports centre, you won't get any better.

Offline Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2012, 09:31:36 pm »
Physios are underestimated. They do extremely good work. If you want to bike again, go see a physio Firecoast. If you lived in Riversdale I would have sent you to the right person otherwise go to the physios at the University of Cape Town's sports centre, you won't get any better.

Don't think you understand.... I looooooooooooathe them! I have been to two before and nothing good has come of it...

GreenMamba1974

« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2012, 11:34:34 pm »
bodyrapists are effective.  give em a chance.  no pain no gain

Offline GStry

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2012, 06:04:52 pm »
M, sorry to hear about your crash ...now I know why you haven't got to the PO yet.  Mud in KZN is fun, mud in the Cape is another story, I learnt my lesson  :lol8:  ...and be grateful you didn't break any ribs. Voltaren 100 is a wonder drug. Heal fast and get back on your bike. Fantastic riding country down there... when it's dry!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:05:48 pm by GStry »

Offline Kenisis

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Dubai
« Reply #150 on: July 15, 2012, 02:51:09 pm »

Don't think you understand.... I looooooooooooathe them! I have been to two before and nothing good has come of it...
I agree with you. Every time i have done myself in The Physios in the hospital where i work all get offended when i tell them that my body is the best judge of what it needs. Slow in the begining and a little more movement day by day. eventually i am back riding again.

Listen to your body. It will tell you when you are doing too much.

Heal up and get riding again!
2012 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 KTM Rally Replica
2016 Husqvarna FE 450
2017 Husqvarna FC 450