Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Fatal accident near malibongwe  (Read 11063 times)

Offline SmokenFly

• Bike: Triumph 800 XC
  • I Ride for the freedom it gives me
Fatal accident near malibongwe
« on: July 02, 2012, 09:16:12 am »
Highway blocked, 3 lanes closed looks like 2 bikes, silver blankets could not see much was concentrating on road. RIP to the rider / s

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
Re: Fatal accident near malibongwe
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 09:18:11 am »
bugger.... hate those silver blankets....

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Hou die blink kant in!
    • Koedoeskloof Country Lodge
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 09:30:53 am »
 :( :( :(
Just too many deaths on our roads.
RIP.

Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258  http://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  facebook - Koedoeskloof Country Lodge, Dwarsrivier, Ladismith, WC
Life is like hitch hiking, just when you think you're not going to get a lift, you don't.

Offline RogerL

• Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 09:44:26 am »
However, I have noticed some real Darwin Awards challengers on their bikes of late on the freeway.

No debating - it is very unfortunate when someone dies, and our condolences.

BUT, most of these people have brought this upon themselves.  I drive carefully when I see bikes, expecting the worst, and many have successfully exceeded my expectations and really risked themselves in just missing the cars.  If you give them right of way you are seen as a"weakling" and simply given them what is their right anyway.

For example - the centre lane around Joburg, quite a few bikes that are doing in excess of 150 km/h in the traffic.  Well, stupidity rules.  Also when the lanes are standing they are running at 120 along there.

Tangle with a car on a bike and you will come second - I promise you!

After a few near misses and the threats because I drove normally!  Well, with that I now have little sympathy for a biker who gets toasted.  Because he deserved it!

Offline White Rhino

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Save the White Rhino
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 09:49:12 am »
Too close to home - sad ... RIP
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, WR450 Rallye, KTM990 Adv, HP2, HPN635, 1200GS LC

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 09:50:08 am »
Sheesh - saying someone deserves to die is a bit harsh.

RIP
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.

Offline Manic

• CE
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 09:57:14 am »
RIP  :'(
1250 HP GSA
H2 Supercharged
990 SM

Offline Old fart

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 10:03:31 am »
Never nice to hear or read about this. Seems such a waste of life. RIP.
"Every day above ground is a good day!!!!

Offline Kenisis

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Dubai
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 10:04:46 am »
Sad, How is it that two bikes get tangled in one accident.
2012 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 KTM Rally Replica
2016 Husqvarna FE 450
2017 Husqvarna FC 450

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 10:06:49 am »
Sheesh - saying someone deserves to die is a bit harsh.

RIP

Ja bietjie hectic daai  :eek7: :eek7:

Apparently it was one bike that smacked the back of a car. It was pretty smashed up so that is maybe why it looked like two
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline billy-joe

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 10:11:51 am »
never nice to hear of these things,  i do agree that some guys dont ride in a responsible manner.  if sh1t happens, there is no time to save your own arse..
-There is no road to happiness...Happiness is the road.
-One cannot drink beer all day long if you do not start early in the morning says Welsh!!

Offline BFG

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Ride- crash-fix-repeat
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 10:17:45 am »
RIP

Offline Dish

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 10:19:43 am »
I have to agree with Rog..... not saying anyone deserves to die BUT as a "newbie" im also exceptionally cautious on the bike and now even more so in the car.... I pay a lot (sometimes to much i think ) of attention to this site and the accidents. Mostly they scare the bejeepers out of me wondering if I have done the right thing buying a bike to commute....

Then

My everyday driving experiences I see some of the most unbelieveable things that some bikers do and I cannot help comparing my riding style to theirs.... i see okes lane splitting in heavy traffic at breakneck speeds.... I see okes screaming towards oncoming cars on the wrong side of the road only to force there way in front of a car on the right side of the road at the very last second...I have seen a guy coming round a corner on the wrong side of the road WAAYYY to fast right in front of me as he overcooked the corner and narrowly missing me. He hits me Im TOAST as well as him... im often left speechless at the way some okes ride.....

So how many of these okes do bring it upon themselves.... ?? In the flying community we see accidents and we all wish them condolences and the very best wishes.... but we all know that there are some proper "stirrers" out there and we know they are going to come short at some stage.... just a matter of time..

Im terribly sorry about this mornings accident and not for a minute am I saying that this chap is one of them.... Im merely asking if the ratios can be slanted by very very poor riding...

Offline RogerL

• Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 10:28:03 am »
A number of these arseholes have no respect for me when I am out walking my horses in the suburbs and race past me with little regard for my safety.  What happens if the horse spooks and I get injured or paralysed.  Why must they do 120-130 in a suburb where the speed limit is 60?  And now the pattern of behaviour is carried over into their general behaviour.

They honestly do not care because the speeds that they are doing in built up areas shows this.  
What about the fact that there is a school on my walk that they race past?  And if it was your children endangered by the reckless driving?

Until they learn that the bike is a form of transport and not entertainment on a public road, "good luck ter ye" (ala swamp people).  Yet these people are always missing when it is time to go fast on the race track under controlled conditions.

Just read about the other bikers who are forced off the roads due to the pig headedness of the few.  Better they cull themselves off and leave us all to ride in safety.  No sympathy.

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 10:31:17 am »
Iemand het 'n blou Maandag lyk my  :peepwall:
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Dish

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 10:34:07 am »
Yep - take it easy out there lads, enough cuc on our roads without us causing more for ourselves.....

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Hou die blink kant in!
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 10:40:10 am »
Do you know the exact circumstances of the above mentioned incident Roger?
Just maybe a bit harsh there Sir.
Every fatality has its unique set of parameters.
Sure there are asses out there but to celebrate and wish them a speedy death is not cool.
Rather try to educate them twats to be more responsible bikers.

Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258  http://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  facebook - Koedoeskloof Country Lodge, Dwarsrivier, Ladismith, WC
Life is like hitch hiking, just when you think you're not going to get a lift, you don't.

Offline SmokenFly

• Bike: Triumph 800 XC
  • I Ride for the freedom it gives me
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 10:49:59 am »
Do you know the exact circumstances of the above mentioned incident Roger?
Just maybe a bit harsh there Sir.
Every fatality has its unique set of parameters.
Sure there are asses out there but to celebrate and wish them a speedy death is not cool.
Rather try to educate them twats to be more responsible bikers.

Agreed  :thumleft:

Offline billy-joe

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 11:00:34 am »
you ever tried to educate a twat!   :biggrin: even if i dont take your thoughts literally, which i dont, a lot of these guys will be the type that swears at you if you try to show them what they're doing is wrong. 

but lets be honest, we've all done some doff things in the past.  just that some of us have learnt from our mistakes.

let US just try be more careful and hope that those out there that are being a bit reckless learn to live to see another day.

-There is no road to happiness...Happiness is the road.
-One cannot drink beer all day long if you do not start early in the morning says Welsh!!

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Hou die blink kant in!
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 11:09:24 am »
you ever tried to educate a twat!   :biggrin: even if i dont take your thoughts literally, which i dont, a lot of these guys will be the type that swears at you if you try to show them what they're doing is wrong. 

but lets be honest, we've all done some doff things in the past.  just that some of us have learnt from our mistakes.

let US just try be more careful and hope that those out there that are being a bit reckless learn to live to see another day.

There, you just said it.
It is possible.