Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Fatal accident near malibongwe  (Read 10887 times)

Offline RogerL

• Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
Re: Fatal accident near malibongwe
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 11:13:43 am »
Iemand het 'n blou Maandag lyk my  :peepwall:

Nie 'n blou Maandag, maar 'n blou Sondag.

Gister het 'n klomp op hulle motorfietse verby ek en my vrou gejaag toe ons die perde gaan stap.  Oor die 120 km/h maklik sonder baffles en al.  Toe rev die okie langs my.  En ek sit op een van die jonger perde en as hom kan leer om nie opgewonde in die verkeer te raak het ek 'n goeie perd vir die res van sy lewe.  Maar neuk dit op en ek sit met probleme vir baie jare...en dan wil hulle nog stop en baklei!

If I had a gun on me I would have shot at them.  No sympathy.  Sorry.

Offline RogerL

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 11:16:43 am »
In the interests of peace and harmony, I will withdraw my outburst.

Offline Kawasefi

• Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 11:39:36 am »
I spoke to my boet Sparro this morning, he witnessed what I think is probably this accident. He was right behind the guy when it happened, he might check in later to give his account of it...  :( 

Offline The Silver Fox

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 12:26:24 pm »
Wow so sad to here this. Dont know why some people ride so fast in traffic. I ride my bike to work every day and i see this.There is a chick with a long blond platted pony tail riding a super 10 i see on Witkoppen and Cristiaan de wet. PLEASE if someone knows her tell her we not trying to race. Shes hectic

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 12:58:08 pm »
R I P
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline SmokenFly

• Bike: Triumph 800 XC
  • I Ride for the freedom it gives me
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 01:02:24 pm »
Wow so sad to here this. Dont know why some people ride so fast in traffic. I ride my bike to work every day and i see this.There is a chick with a long blond platted pony tail riding a super 10 i see on Witkoppen and Cristiaan de wet. PLEASE if someone knows her tell her we not trying to race. Shes hectic

I see the same girl, she rides like a bat out of hell  :thumleft:

Offline White Rhino

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Save the White Rhino
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 01:57:55 pm »
If it's a black one (S10), then I know who you talking about - a tall chick - don't remember her name - I think she's BikerMom on WD - I gave her and her bike a lift once after a day's ride. I think she had a Red Honda 650 and had a puncture or som'in.

She stops next to me cr Malibongwe and Witkoppen and recognises my trailer and my offroad bike - stops and says hi - tells me she's swopped bikes  - then laughs and blasts off  :biggrin:

<<< Edited - found her WD ID - BikerMom >>>
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:41:27 pm by White Rhino »
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, WR450 Rallye, KTM990 Adv, HP2, HPN635, 1200GS LC

Geotraveller

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 03:58:34 pm »
Regardless of circumstances always a sad thing if anybody dies....RIP

Offline bronzy

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • the older i get the faster i was !!!
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 04:03:15 pm »
RIP

Offline XXL

• Bike: Piaggio (all models)
  • I am Blessed
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 04:10:28 pm »
RIP.

Yesterday near the zoo, two guys, one on a Harley XR1200 and one on a Buell racing between the traffic ???....Ai Tog, I just dont understand!!!

Offline Kerritz

• KTSSSSK!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • What a SUPER-loss....DAMMIT man!
Vorige skoeters: XT660E, TL1000R, 2006 R1200GSA, 2010 R1200GSA 30 Years Anniversary, CRF450R, CRF450X, DRZ400SM, 950 Adventure, 990 SuperDuke (ISM) 2012 R1200GS Triple Black, F800GS, Wolskoeter!

Kaapse Jelly Tot!

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 04:19:18 pm »
Shame, that is very sad.. RIP
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline billy-joe

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 05:35:03 pm »
you ever tried to educate a twat!   :biggrin: even if i dont take your thoughts literally, which i dont, a lot of these guys will be the type that swears at you if you try to show them what they're doing is wrong. 

but lets be honest, we've all done some doff things in the past.  just that some of us have learnt from our mistakes.

let US just try be more careful and hope that those out there that are being a bit reckless learn to live to see another day.

There, you just said it.
It is possible.

all in good time hey...
-There is no road to happiness...Happiness is the road.
-One cannot drink beer all day long if you do not start early in the morning says Welsh!!

Offline sparro

• Bike: Motosacoche (all models)
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 07:42:23 pm »
I spoke to my boet Sparro this morning, he witnessed what I think is probably this accident. He was right behind the guy when it happened, he might check in later to give his account of it...  :( 

Ja well,  I was riding 2 bikes behind this guy.   We were doing about 80-90 kmh in the emergency lane next to fast lane.  The lady driver swerved right and knocked the bike's tail, effectively ramming him against the concrete barrier.  He then bounced off the barried and hit another car and then slumped onto the tarmac.  With the impact his Shark helmet came off and his head got whacked pretty hard against the car and the tar a few times.

A CMA rider and I pulled up and he blocked the traffic with his bike.  He's a marshall at cycling events, so had a 1st aid kit with him.  We pulled a few cars broadside to stop traffic over 3 lanes as the debris and shit was all over the place, We started CPR and traded places with a helpfull motorist when out of breath.  About 10 min later there was no sign of life and it was clear he was gone.

I just sat on the concrete barrier, took my gear off and watched as the paramedics eventually arrived.  Gave the CMA guy the cellphone and wallet that I picked up and the paramedics called his mom.  They do this everyday, so they just told her that her son was in a prang on the highway, he didn't survive the crash and she needs to get to Randburg police station to ID the body.   My mother would sure as hell have a heart attack.  The woman who actually knocked the guy was in a pretty bad state.  Asking all the time whether it was her fault and crying because she actually killed someone's son.  I was very angry because i've seen this so many times before, but this time I saw her hitting the guy barely 20m ahead of me.

Its a pretty bad feeling seeing a person trying to hold onto life and despite our best efforts, slipped away forever.  So eventually just got back onto the bike and rode on to work in a haze of anger and and deep sorrow.  You know, we see and greet each other almost everyday without really knowing the other guy and I guess there's an invisible bond between bikers.  So many other bikers stopped and offered assistance, some guys just standing there with bowed heads and tears because this is just so unnecessary. One thing is for sure,  I ride with a Shoei and Arai, both with double D-ring system.  This Shark had a clip-in mechanism and it came undone.  I'll rather ride with a helmet that costs more than the bike and I'm certainly buying a neck-brace too.

I don't know how I'm going to ride past the same spot tomorrow, maybe I'll just use Witkoppen for a while until this has faded a bit.

So thats my Monday.  RIP friend.   
CRF 250 rally, because it looks tit..and its light
KLR 650 Fugly, because it just keeps going

Offline Kerritz

• KTSSSSK!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • What a SUPER-loss....DAMMIT man!
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 07:52:22 pm »
Eeeish....I read your reply 3 times now Sparro.......yes...we make a conscious decision when we buy or get on our our bikes. But still....some things are completely out of your hands or control. I experienced something similar witnessing a car accident many many years ago being a pedestrian next to the road. Also tried our utmost best to save a life...but to no avail.

It still spooks me when I think of it.....every time. I hope your day ends better than the way it started. Good on you for trying though.

Some things never make sense in life....and it will take a while before it fades...if it ever does.

RIP.
Vorige skoeters: XT660E, TL1000R, 2006 R1200GSA, 2010 R1200GSA 30 Years Anniversary, CRF450R, CRF450X, DRZ400SM, 950 Adventure, 990 SuperDuke (ISM) 2012 R1200GS Triple Black, F800GS, Wolskoeter!

Kaapse Jelly Tot!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 07:52:47 pm »

Gister het 'n klomp op hulle motorfietse verby ek en my vrou gejaag toe ons die perde gaan stap.  Oor die 120 km/h maklik sonder baffles en al.  Toe rev die okie langs my.  En ek sit op een van die jonger perde en as hom kan leer om nie opgewonde in die verkeer te raak het ek 'n goeie perd vir die res van sy lewe.  Maar neuk dit op en ek sit met probleme vir baie jare...en dan wil hulle nog stop en baklei!

Who are you, the Ruiter in Swart?

Offline Geriatrix

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 07:56:02 pm »
Sheesh - saying someone deserves to die is a bit harsh.

RIP

I am a relative newbie to biking, but not to death.
I often hope that a rider kills himself without killing anyone else.
Too many innocents have died because of stupid, stupid people who believe that they are the centre of the universe.
Leonardo da Vinci, “Art is never finished, only abandoned.”

Offline Oshkosh

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 07:58:08 pm »
Very Sad RIP!!!! :'(
2017 R1200RS SPORT F#ck Me what an Animal!
2010 R1200GS ADV "The Comfy Chair with GRUNT"(SOLD)
2012 R1200RT "The Wife's Little Tourer"

Offline Geriatrix

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 08:01:20 pm »
I spoke to my boet Sparro this morning, he witnessed what I think is probably this accident. He was right behind the guy when it happened, he might check in later to give his account of it...  :(  

Ja well,  I was riding 2 bikes behind this guy.   We were doing about 80-90 kmh in the emergency lane next to fast lane.

So thats my Monday.  RIP friend.  

What was the emergency that needed you to be in that lane?
Leonardo da Vinci, “Art is never finished, only abandoned.”

Offline RogerL

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 08:12:13 pm »

Who are you, the Ruiter in Swart?

Ha ha.  So it is OK for somebody to endanger my life "as a joke" in front of his friends.  Not to mention my wife riding alongside me and as she has had a back op for a riding accident, but hey it is all OK!  WTF!