1st Whole family trip - Cederberg Oasis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin-DR650

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
So things been going pretty hectic as an industrial design student, and this was my first proper break I got from university this year - a 5 week joliday – pure heaven…
So we as family wanted to do a trip together for a while now and this was the opportunity to do it. We were planning on doing the Loeriesfontein trip with the dogs, but due to my dad AKA StofMonster’s work we could not leave on Friday as planned, so the alternative was to go to Oasis via katbakkies…
We decided to join the dogs doing the “mid tangwa-night ride” and met up at du Vlei padstal were everyone was enjoying the cold wet weather, was nice seeing some familiar faces and meeting  new dogs. :thumleft:

After a quick cup of coffee we hit the wet dirt roads and got a bit of rain heading to Ceres were we filled up.

Jeandre, StofMonster, Flatout and me.

Then the plan was to braai on Katbakkies at the rocks but decided to rather join the dogs again at the Tangwa Padstal . We heard the “soutie” that got the land there is full of cr#p and don’t like people braaing there. So after all we had a nice braai with a bunch of great people.

After that we still had all the way to Oasis to go, so we left, with my brother on the little XR125 we can’t go too fast…

Stopping at my “Think bike” sticker I sticked a few years back… >:D

Katbakkies was full of bumps and soon the hooligan inside came out , we fooled around a bit and after that we found a dog in the middle of nowhere and decided to take the dog with.. Luckily after a few kays we found the locals and returned the dog, they were all dik gesuip.

Anyway after that we gooied miellies to make Oasis before the sun dies on us. Then my bike went on reserve and I’m thinking “Oh sh!t, I’m not gonna make it” , so I nursed it to Oasis riding like a sissie, but made it, 45km’s on reserve.

We had as always a great T-bone and Tjips and it was sommer a lekker atmosphere.

The Next morning I had a quick hike up the “koppie” for some photies and headed back, filled the bikes with juice Gerrit got us, Thanks allot!

Poor cameraman got drenched, haha :laughing4:
We did a short ride towards Wupperthal, took some nice photos did some water crossings and came back to Oasis were surprisingly we found Flatout (my dad’s older brother) he decided to stay another night in the the Cederberg, so then we packed up and left heading back home…

All in all had an awesome trip with the whole family  and will be heading back very soon to Oasis… :thumleft: :thumleft: