Of Dust & Men (Day 8 - Final)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wino

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
Day 8
699426.jpg

The day of the split. Venter & Chris were to go down to the coast and then to Cape Town, from where they will fly back to Joburg and put the bikes on a trailer. I?ve also decided to take Chris up on his offer to trailer my bike up to Joburg, which meant that I could ride with Heinie to Cape Town and spend a day or so with friends and family.

Some springbok grazing a few metres from our chalets:

699416.jpg

Venter on his way ? ride safe:

699417.jpg

Heinie & I took Route 62. The weekend there was a bike rally in Oudtshoorn and the oncoming traffic consisted of bikers en route to the rally. It felt weird riding in the opposite direction.

699418.jpg

Ze Germans earlier on stopped at this well known pub, where they met 2 English guys who were busy with a round-the-world trip. There next country would be South America. Venter remarked that he felt so uplifted by our own trip, until he had a chat with these 2 guys and his proverbial bubble was a bit deflated.

699425.jpg

699424.jpg

699423.jpg

Crossing the Theewaterskloof dam. The wind in the Villiersdorp region was definitely the strongest that I?ve encountered on the whole journey. However, I knew that we would soon be ?home?.

699421.jpg

In Botrivier?s pub we met up with another friend of ours. After a few beers, we chucked our luggage on his bakkie and rode the last stretch ?naked?! What a pleasurable difference!

Aah, coming over Sir Lowry?s Pass and being greeted by this view of the Western Cape. Almost ?home?!

776608.jpg

699428.jpg