Enuff BMW k@k. We're not all the same.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can you see this poll? (just testing something)

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_wes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Harley Davidson (all models)
ok maybe i'm just frustrated, or maybe it's just getting to me after all this time. now, i know a lot is said in jest, and nothing is meant to be personal, so just bear with me for a minute, and allow me to convey this important message...

NOT ALL BMW RIDERS ARE THE SAME

yes, yes, yes i know, you get your bmw lifestyle guys, head to toe in rally2 gear, GS-ADV that's never seen dirt, stand on tar, park it outside the local news cafe, etc, etc all the kark about the GS challenge ja flip ouens I FRIKKIN GET IT ALREADY and i hate them too

BUT

i bought a dakar cos it's the most i could afford (and not a 1200GS), i bought a bmw because it was my favourite of the bikes i was looking at, i bought santiago boots because i wear my boots everyday, every offroad outride and every long trip and let me tell you they are worth every penny, i bought GS gloves because again i feel they are the best value for money, i won't pay 6k for some rally jacket, i won't pay 2.5k to go to the challenge (but so what if i did) and i don't belong to the BMW club. i ride with anyone and i'm humble about my abilities offroad. my front indicator is held on by insulation tape and my back plastic panel by ductape. yes i have a BMW topbox but it was a gift.

and yes I STAND WHEN I RIDE, and you know why? because I'm flippen comfortable riding that way, i (me, personal, my style) feel more in control of the bike. If i sit to be "cool" i end up standing 5 seconds later, laugh all you want, it works for me, if you see me standing on tar, i'm trying to get a better view of something, or stretch my legs...

so, all this venting for one point: NOT ALL BEE-EM RIDERS ARE POSERS and if you disagree come round to my office, see the dust on my boots and my bike, and afterwards i'll punch you in the face. ok, just kidding i won't. i'll go ride with you. and i'll fall on my arse and laugh about it and afterwards i'll have a beer with you and by the end of the day you'll have forgotten i ride a beemer.

did that make any sense?  O0

Status
Not open for further replies.