A Soutie and his Airhead- Loeries Verneukpan and beyond. (completed)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abu

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
Okay let me try again! ( and ignore the date stamp on the photos)
My bike had been down since October when I had a tank slapper on the way to the National Bash. After months of insurance haggles I got it back late in May and a trip was called for.
Having enjoyed the Anvil bash so much Hingsdings Loeries to Verneukpan sounded great. My plan was to leave on Thursday and return on Monday but after persuasion from Occy and SWAMBO I made it that I would return before the next weekend. Where I was going to go after Verneukpan was left open.

Occy and I took the Slanghoek road, at the causeway one could see the recent high water mark.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Stopped of at The Spur in Ceres to have lunch with my younger brother and his family. They have recently bought it and want it to be biker friendly.

Top of the pass between Mount Cedar and Oasis – an obligatory beer stop.

Oasis in the distance – We stayed at Nuwerus though, had a nice braai and watched Italy beat Germany.

The next morning it was overcast on the way to Eselbank. The road was too good, almost too good, but a nice intro for someone who has not ridden off road for 8 months.

Just past Engelsmans grave we stopped for lunch and JC came past.

Almost in Niewoudtville, after a nice quick ride (for old school that is)

That amazing garage.

The waterfall on the way to Loeries – well worth a visit. I am told the Kokerboom forest
a bit further on is also well worth a stop.

Loeries, around the fire.

Skaapkop eat and receiving some advice from Carroll for future sessions.

End part1.