Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: wrap my bike....anyone with advice?  (Read 5006 times)

Offline dirtyXT

Re: wrap my bike....anyone with advice?
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2012, 08:28:09 pm »
Hmmm. I like this. Been toying with the carbon fiber idea for a while. The gloss finishes are just too easy to scratch. Thanks for the pics
Blazes went thru the whole process , step by step , with me on how to manufacture the carbon fiber parts...claddings if you will....its so much work.....if you dont do it yourself, i think it will be pretty pricey..... got some quotes coming in tomorrow...will update if and when.....
that would be good!! I'm just worried that a home job won't come out as expected. But I see some fellas got it right.
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - sold

Offline Teapot

• "Ride long Live forever"
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • "RIDE LONG AND LIVE FOREVER"
    • http://www.digitalrealitydesigns.yolasite.com
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2012, 08:30:36 pm »
I did it myself for my Dakar.

Hell of a job but looks amazing.
send a pic please?

Will do tomorrow.
Still havnt put the stickers on.
I cant find a graphic shop here in boksburg this for saken town.
it cost me a total of R400 to do.
 :thumleft:
"FALL DOWN 7, STAND UP 8."
"NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SAY DIE!"

Offline Plot

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2012, 09:01:51 pm »
fuel can affect the vinyl and might remove the printing so keep them separated  :mwink:

Hi Everyone, Laurika, check out Bandit Signs in Randburg, you can google it, it is Darryl Curtis' place, they are very professional and would be able to help you - they know how to do bikes.... On the fuel tank, they make little holes in the Vinyl to enable the fuel to evaporate and not damage / bubble the stickers- I think - give them a ring
"Don't argue with an idiot - the people watching won't know the difference" - Author Unknown
KTM 1190 R - Fixed for now...
KTM 690 Oryx

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2012, 10:01:44 pm »
fuel can affect the vinyl and might remove the printing so keep them separated  :mwink:

Hi Everyone, Laurika, check out Bandit Signs in Randburg, you can google it, it is Darryl Curtis' place, they are very professional and would be able to help you - they know how to do bikes.... On the fuel tank, they make little holes in the Vinyl to enable the fuel to evaporate and not damage / bubble the stickers- I think - give them a ring
yes, Great White said they are the bees knees....they near my Wrap a Car place...will get a quote from them also...thanks..

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline laurika

• Forum Whore
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2012, 10:02:54 pm »
Laurika, most good sign companies should be able to do it. Some cars that are done have serious compound curves and the vinyl stays on.

Gee Esh: Seems great minds think alike. Here's my XC and my WD graphic to go with it.
this graphic of the Wild dog is magnificent...really beautiful...where are you putting it? how big?

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline ahlbebuck

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • G450X, CRF450R, XR200R
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2012, 10:41:30 pm »
Laurika, most good sign companies should be able to do it. Some cars that are done have serious compound curves and the vinyl stays on.

Gee Esh: Seems great minds think alike. Here's my XC and my WD graphic to go with it.
this graphic of the Wild dog is magnificent...really beautiful...where are you putting it? how big?

Thanx, I also think it looks quite cool. Will cover my tank completely, so fairly large! BTW, I will be contacting you within days about those bash prizes we spoke about previously - looks like they may well be ready just in time....
If you can't fix it with a hammer, its an electrical problem!

Offline laurika

• Forum Whore
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2012, 10:43:35 pm »

Thanx, I also think it looks quite cool. Will cover my tank completely, so fairly large! BTW, I will be contacting you within days about those bash prizes we spoke about previously - looks like they may well be ready just in time....
thank you kindly.....and please show us what it looks like finished...i think large would be fantastic...bleeding off the edges of the panels.....

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline laurika

• Forum Whore
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2012, 11:01:03 pm »
some more thoughts...

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline laurika

• Forum Whore
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2012, 11:08:21 am »
Apo has done some wonderfull artwork recovery on my existing stickers artwork...yay....one step closer...for the price of some spanish hot chocolate at the chocolate shop in Northcliff.....Wilddogs Rock....

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline Tweets

• Shop Mods
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Centurion
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2012, 08:17:12 pm »
I is watching this carefully. Want to do something on my 400XT.

Parraaitjies of Plaasmeisie  :-\  :)
Borrow money from pessimists - they dont expect it back
Current bikes : 1200GS, 800GS, 400XT

Offline Misty

• BMW650GS - DR650 - Triumph Scrambler 900 - BMW650G
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2012, 03:40:38 pm »
Here's another co that does it in Strubensvalley - not sure re pricing :)

http://www.zelenko.co.za/index.php/home/mx-quad-sticker-kits
... “There might be a few bumps ahead in the road, but luckily you are well trained in off road riding!” ... PS: for sure, I'm a lot tougher than I look!! ;)

Offline DJ

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Member of the SSS
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2012, 03:47:05 pm »
This gets me thinking...mmmmmm...might want to revamp my DR350 with a wrap.
Previously owned: Vuka RM200, Aprilia Pegaso Cube 650, Suzuki DRZ400E, Kawasaki KLE500, Suzuki DR350

Offline Misty

• BMW650GS - DR650 - Triumph Scrambler 900 - BMW650G
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2012, 03:54:40 pm »
Ok Zelenko's price: Depending… Bikes are +- R1250.00 then design is R285 once off on top of the price

PS Laurika - what about fuscia pink, it's your fav colour no?! ;)  ;D A few other options that might look cool  :) black and red I like
... “There might be a few bumps ahead in the road, but luckily you are well trained in off road riding!” ... PS: for sure, I'm a lot tougher than I look!! ;)

Offline laurika

• Forum Whore
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2012, 05:14:59 pm »
Here's another co that does it in Strubensvalley - not sure re pricing :)

http://www.zelenko.co.za/index.php/home/mx-quad-sticker-kits
This is seriously stunning Misty!! HSK and Sand Angel spoke about a company near Atterbury road in PTA that lays a part in a bath , on top of a graphic sheet...and as you sink the part into the bath it wraps the graphic onto the part...they then finish it off with some clear coats...amazing how things have developed...anyone has their number?

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline laurika

• Forum Whore
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2012, 10:46:07 pm »

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline laurika

• Forum Whore
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2012, 10:51:49 pm »

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline laurika

• Forum Whore
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2012, 10:58:12 pm »

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline ButchH

• Ми тебе тиснути
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2012, 11:17:31 pm »
 :biggrin:
GSA 1150
XL 250
GS 1200

Offline laurika

• Forum Whore
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2012, 11:23:00 pm »
Grapgat Butch..or is it for your bike? :sip:

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline ButchH

• Ми тебе тиснути
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2012, 08:48:55 am »
Boeremeisie op 'n besem  :thumleft: thinking of these for battle axes bike
GSA 1150
XL 250
GS 1200