Latestsightings.com - find those elusive animals!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeonDude

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Latestsightings.com
This is not really bike related, but seeing as this forum now has a 4X4 section I do think it’s on – topic. But really, it’s for anybody that likes visiting the National Parks in South Africa, specifically Kruger Park.
On Wednesday I attended a talk where the person who created this site gave us an overview of what it does. Basically it’s a sight where you log onto and then you tell people when you see something interesting in the park. Ok, let’s say you have just spotted a pride of lions, you log on and give the position and time of where and when you saw the lions. Other visitors using the site will then know if which area to look for lions. 
And of course it works the other way to. While driving around in the park, you keep an eye on the sight – yes it does work on cell phones – and you get to know where that elusive pack of Wild Dogs (or whatever) is that you have been dying to see for ten years.
I haven’t played around too much on the site yet, but according to the creator of the site it integrates well with Facebook , twitter and other programs.
At the talk he gave, this guy stood up in front of an audience of about 100 people and told us how the site works.  Now you might be asking why I bother to mention that, and here is the reason. Nadav, the creator of the site, is fifteen years old. That’s right, this whole thing was put together by a kid of fifteen.
The site is so successful that parks officials are using it to track where animals are so that they can go looking for them.
Save the Rhino – Nadav did ask that no sightings of Rhino be given on his site, as he feels this might help poachers in their efforts. Any rhino sightings that are posted will be promptly removed.

Hope you guys find this site useful!