Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Storage at Joburg airport  (Read 801 times)

Offline Moto North

• Puppy
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
Storage at Joburg airport
« on: September 20, 2007, 05:51:29 am »
Hey guys,
Near the end of our stay in SA we'll be flying into Jo burg and the be picked up by Drifters for a Kruger safari and they say we can only take one backpack each, no extra suitcase etc. Buy then I know I will have bought a bunch of stuff, souvenires etc and was planning to pick up an extra suitcase to pack it home with. Can anyone tell me if there are secure lockers that can be rented at the airport for that week to stash the extra suitcase. If so, would you trust leaving anything in them? Any other options?
Thanks
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
T.E.Lawrence

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
Re: Storage at Joburg airport
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 06:11:59 am »
Hey guys,
Near the end of our stay in SA we'll be flying into Jo burg and the be picked up by Drifters for a Kruger safari and they say we can only take one backpack each, no extra suitcase etc. Buy then I know I will have bought a bunch of stuff, souvenires etc and was planning to pick up an extra suitcase to pack it home with. Can anyone tell me if there are secure lockers that can be rented at the airport for that week to stash the extra suitcase. If so, would you trust leaving anything in them? Any other options?
Thanks

No lockers that I am aware of (due to security) and I would not lave anything there anyway, will investigate.

Welsh 
Putting the Drunken Pagan Debauchery back into Christmas.

Offline Moto North

• Puppy
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 03:39:18 pm »
Thanks
Hey guys, wondering if I could impose on one of you in Johannesburg for a bit of a favor? Looks like we'll need somewhere to leave some extra luggage while we're on safari tour. We'll be flying in and then getting a cab from the airport to the drifters inn (adress below). Then they pick us up in a truck to drive us to Kruger. So hopefully somebody on that route or near that area of the city as we won't have our own wheels. pick up after will be easier as we're renting a car and driving back from Kruger to Jo'burg

25 Alida Street, Northcliff,
Johannesburg, (Off Beyers Naude Drive)
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
T.E.Lawrence

Offline Pistol

• Shop Mods
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Henley on Klip
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 04:12:18 pm »
Just down the road from me pm if you would like me to hold on to it - dates??

Peter

Offline Grootseun

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 04:20:01 pm »
i'm also in the area, if somehow pistol cant do it.

Offline Malibu

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Matchless (all models)
  • Just a girl on a bike!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 04:32:14 pm »
3rd that, also in the area - ride bike only - sure the company driver can collect from you to store here.  Options, options, options...
They call me Judy or Judes...

You need chaos in your soul to birth a shining star!

Offline Frank Warner

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
    • http://www.geocities.com/fwarner_au/
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 02:11:55 am »
I know I will have bought a bunch of stuff, souvenires etc and was planning to pick up an extra suitcase to pack it home with.

If your going to be over the weight limit .. it will be cheaper to post it home. And then you don't have to stuff around storing it to pick it up later .. Just a thought.
Frank Warner - Austarlia
http://www.geocities.com/fwarner_au/

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 08:11:41 am »
I know I will have bought a bunch of stuff, souvenires etc and was planning to pick up an extra suitcase to pack it home with.

If your going to be over the weight limit .. it will be cheaper to post it home. And then you don't have to stuff around storing it to pick it up later .. Just a thought.

You used to be able to send unnacompanied baggage not sure if you still can?

Welsh
Putting the Drunken Pagan Debauchery back into Christmas.

Offline Grootseun

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 08:16:38 am »

You used to be able to send unnacompanied baggage not sure if you still can?

Welsh

ex wife?