Riding the Z at Scurweberg and Hennops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidetrack

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
*I copied this link over from the BikaSA forum*

Lots of good on - offroad posts over here :D

------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys

Had a great days trail ride. After reading Shark's Canal exploits I decided to find the Scurweberg road near Erasmia. I saw the sign and soon founf myself on a fast stretch of dirt. I dropped the tyre pressures and had some fun on the long sweepers ! As I was riding on this first stretch I saw a trail leading up the mountain so I had to explore. This is where it started from the main dirt road

DSCF4675.jpg

DSCF4677.jpg

It started with a nice middel mannetjie dirt road until the climb started, the pics does not give an idea of just how steep this climb up the mountain was.

Before the climb

DSCF4678.jpg

Looking toward the trail

DSCF4679.jpg

It was rocky in some places but not too bad at all. Piece of cake for the DRZ

DSCF4682.jpg

DSCF4683.jpg

DSCF4684.jpg

Looking down into the valley below

DSCF4685.jpg

The climb continues

DSCF4687.jpg

I was having a ball and stopped near the top to have a drink and some grub from my backpack. I heard local's voices near the top of the mountain and being alone and not feeling like being pelted with stones I decided to turn back. Maybe next time as a group, any ds bike should make this climb to the top. Later riding around the mountain (do we have mountains in GP ?) I saw where the voices came from, Attridgeville was on the other side

What goes up must come down

DSCF4688.jpg

I was having fun, the frown was from concentrating on the self portrait

DSCF4691.jpg

Further down the Scurweberg road

DSCF4692.jpg

DSCF4693.jpg

The road ended all to soon, I wanted more dirt ! I came to the road that leads to Sandton and remembered about a quad trail (Hennops trail) I saw on another ocasion. I asked the guy at the gate if I could ride there and he said it was ok as there were very few people, so I guess bikes are allowed if it's quiet

The recent rain made things nice and green !

DSCF4695.jpg

DSCF4694.jpg

Start of the trail

DSCF4696.jpg

Hey it's Africa, check out the Wildebeest munching on some green grass

DSCF4697.jpg

Nice shady trails

DSCF4699.jpg

DSCF4700.jpg

The terrain varied from sandy patches to rock and slate

DSCF4701.jpg

This is DRZ country !