Quads 4 Quads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
Our first day started with everyone gathering in Pretoria.
Our group consists of 15 riders (quads & two wheelers) and a sizable backup team
See my post regarding the fundraising that my daughter was busy with for the Quadraplegic Association of South Africa

Our Trip started in Thunder Valley near Brakpan with the destination on Sunday afternoon in Ballito - approx 900km

THURSDAY

Thunder Valley - Standerton: 200km

Here we are leaving our meeting point in Pretoria

Q4Qday1009a.jpg

Our team just before moving out in Thunder Valley

Q4Qday1024a.jpg

My wife and my main aim this year (apart from the Fundraising aspect) was to realise my 12 year old daughters dream of taking part.
she was riding her own Quad - a Honda TRX300

Disaster struck 46km into the ride when she hit a log in a tunnel and sprained her wrist
Unable to operate the clutch anymore we thought her ride was over.
We came upon a plan to run next to her quad as she pulled off to operate the clutch

She bravely kept this up for about 8km over rough terrain but eventually could no more.
One of the chaps in our group then swopped with her and took her Honda 300 and she then rode his automatic utility quad.

Here, a pic at the lunch break - 95km with my wife - Plotwyfie

Q4Qday1025a.jpg

Just after lunch we came upon an accident where two riders from another group on a double quad missed a turn and hit a signboard. Quite a few fractures was the result.

Q4Qday1029a.jpg

We reached Standerton at 18:00 - the rest of our group arrived between 15:15 and 17:00

Well done Robyn for good ride - You were very brave.
Tomorrow we will assess and she if she can continue

... to be continued....