Another WD down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watermat

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Took the road this morning from Somerset West to Stellenbosch (R44) and opposite the Blaauwklippen turn-off I used one of my nine lives - have about 3 to go!

In front of me in the right lane this d**s was travelling in his Golf. I was doing about 80km/h and the next moment he decided to stop in the right lane! (no braking lights of course!) With no time to swerve or even hard braking (wet road) I hit the Golf dead center on the bumper and went flying over the handlebar and screen. Luckily for me the other traffic came to a halt and some motorist came to my rescue to help me pick up my bike. The handlebar was bend and some plastic damage. Thank goodness for the H&B crashbars which took most of the impact of the cylinder head when the bike landed. O yes, I'll be replacing the front rim too.

The d**s in the Golf just drove off and after a quick inspection to see if the bike was still in running condition, I gave chase. The adrenallin was pumping big time now and after about 10 minutes I managed to find the pig. We had a good verbal exchange of words.

Long story short, we went to the SAPD in Stellenbosch to report the accident and I learned that this guy was a learner driver (driving alone with a toddler on the passenger seat) and his learner's license was at his office (had no form of id on him)

I'm very lucky to escape this one, had all the ATTGAT on and walked away with only a few bruises.

I now have to park the bike under a blanket, cause if my other half finds out about my close shave she's not going to be happy. Can't wait for the BM dealer to open on Tuesday.

Funny thing is ...... I watched the YouTube video of the superbike hitting the van for about ten times the other day and now the same happened to me!