A leasurely (tar) ride with two grand old ladies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bliknêrs

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650L
All the way tar I know but I also know you guys will appreciate this.

A friend has two old Moto Guzzis and recently gave one (the white one in the pics) to his son who works with me. He has been itching to take it for a ride for ages but his dad (who is a mechanic and maintain the bikes) must go along.

And his dad doesn't like getting cold.

We made tentative arrangements on Friday for a sunday ride, but all would depend on the weather so he confirmed last night - we leave their house at 11 o'clock for Montagu and from there to Barrydale and back to Swellendam.

We were 4 bikes in all, the four in the first pic which was taken in Montagu where we had breakfast.

The second pic shows the white Le Mans at the Karoo Saloon while we were waiting for the yellow one and the Dakkie to make an appearance. We didn't know if they had a breakdown but in the end they only stopped for a smoke break at On The Tradouw.

After that we rode to the Pampoenwinkel in Barrydale. The Guzzis caused a stir and an old timer on a old maroon classic bike (looked like an AJS) turned around and stopped to look at them.

Both Guzzis behaved impeccably and everyone enjoyed the ride - lots of bikes about.

Photo 1:
White Guzzi Le Mans 900, Dakkie, my Strom, and the 850 Le Mans in Montague

Photo 2:
Half of the owner of white Le Mans, the Le Mans, my wife and my bike waiting for the others on the R62 close to the Karoo Saloon.

Attachments

• montagus.jpg
    montagus.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 143
  • karoos.jpg
    karoos.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 144