WC- Sunday Riding in The country

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Today I did an area I havent done for a few years , we went to a little town in the country called Saron .

7c5e500b.jpg

The Canola is looking very pretty

To ride along side the Saron Canal.
The canal  gets its water from a  catchment area in the mountains and flows all the way to the Voelvlei dam.

Riders were Fuzzy Muzzy , AntonW , Erick T and myself.Klr ( Tripplexc) met us at Du vlei to show us his new leo vince he fiied to his Triumph( Wow , doesnt it just sound sweet now? )

They fenced in the canal some years ago , but we managed to get by the fencing.
Down the road , at the end, there is a BIG locked gate , so you can no longer get to the twee spoor we use to go up.

But we found some new roads through the bush ,which we will have to go back and ride properly.

5944e138.jpg

8920853c.jpg

9de7bd2a.jpg

FUZZY MUZZY on his 700 Transalp

80f889ba.jpg

AntonW Ktm 950SE

9600a4d3.jpg

The Sandy Veld is covered with green grass and new little pink flowers

7b6d8d9d.jpg

fabab5a8.jpg

Dead End , U Turn

14ab1be0.jpg

b7819603.jpg

This is the old road we use to ride , I walked through the bush to this point , trying to find another way in.( But , We will be back !)

b684b9cb.jpg

cfb6b751.jpg

5944e138.jpg

e10218bd.jpg

After Saron we made our way back past Gouda , through Nuwekloof pass , past Wolsley to Ceres ,
op die berg , Katbakkies and had a lekker Springbok potjie at Die Pad Stal.

They are now making Boerekos every Sunday , so please support them

We met up with Pote and Mr. and Mrs. Sparky atDie PadStal , on the R355 , just North of the Katbakkies Turn off