4 Panthera tigris tigris eat a little dust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Geotraveller

This is all Gideon's fault.

There has been a small steady increase in Tiger 800 XC owners on the forum but as far we we could figure out only a few had met let alone ridden together.

Gideon stared a thread and then passed the planning over to me.

9 am Saturday 4th of August was decided on, the Upper Deck being the venue.

I had a new top box installed on Friday by Adventurer and took that along to test.

Learning from the previous weekend I had a good pair of winter gloves which stood me in good stead, I left home at around 7:30 and stopped on the bridge to get this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I arrived at the venue at around 8:30am and was the first bike there. But as I got off TTMAN pulled up on his white Tiger and we repaired inside for a cup of coffee. before long we were joined by Gideon and Sparro and the kak praating began in earnest!

and that only got better when the golden drinks arrived

Here I have to apologise to the 3 gents who made effort to join us and took off early for Beestekraal as the Tiger okes kept chattering, while in the background the Sharks got carrots.

But breakfast out of the way, we got ready to ride. But Gideon still wanted to select something from the menu

4 Tigers together

I had had it in the back of my head to try and find the gravel road connecting Segwelane to the Marikana - R 556, so with that in mind we headed off along the canals

TTMAN with Gideon in the background

Crossing the railway tracks we had to make a choise between heading through Segwelane and looking for the elusive connecting road or heading down the railway access road, past the Lonmin refinery and hospital toward Marikana.

The boys waiting for the tourguide to stop sctaching his pip and tell them where we were.

The road between Marikana and the R 556 is a little sandy in patches and I found the front wheel nodding occasionally, and forgetting all training would come off the throttle and want to sit down.

After 15 minutes I found no bikes behind me. I stopped and turned around, passing TTMAN and then Sparro. Gideon was waiting at sweep. After almost dropping the bike turning in the sand I stopped next to him. We had a chuckle and he told me the guys had stopped to deflate their tyres which in hindsight was a good call.

TTMAN and Sparro adjusting tyre preasure in the distance behind Gideon's bike.

slightly sandy road

Arriving at the junction, we noticed a gravel road heading away toward the east but I turned right and slabbed it towards the N4, reaching Segwelane we turned left onto the Karreepoort road

We did a short loop along the gravel roads that criss cross the area before heading through Sonop and stopping for a final wet beverage at Driekop.

Many thanks to Gideon, TTMAN and Sparro for making the effort.
Gideon, jy gaan die volgende een lei en dit vinniger maak  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: