Ride to Musandam< Oman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skaiidawg

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
2 of my friends, Co88er and Corndawg went for a quick visit to Oman and in particular the Musandam area.
Geographically, the Musandam peninsula juts into the Strait of Hormuz, the narrow entry into the Persian Gulf, from the Arabian Peninsula. The Musandam peninsula is an exclave of Oman, separated from the rest of the country by the United Arab Emirates. Its location gives Oman partial control, shared with Iran, of the strategic strait.

scaled.php

I am no Wilbur Smith, so here and there I will post captions or where the picture was taken, enjoy.

Why oh why? A purple house.

scaled.php

On the way to Khasab we stopped at this beach and saw about 5, metre long black fin sharks.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

The road down to Khor Najd

scaled.php

scaled.php

Wadi al Baih in the distance

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Stairway to Heaven....quite a nice vertical drop, I reckon about 300 metres

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Then we encounter the road to hell in the distance....

scaled.php

nice going until this...it goes to show 990's can lay on either side - left or right!

scaled.php

scaled.php

we decided not struggle our arses off and instead turned back to look for a camping spot.......Jack D was waiting!

scaled.php

Camping spot and feeding the resident DJ

scaled.php

scaled.php

Returning the following day saw this burned out I think Land Cruiser

scaled.php

All in all a very nice ride and soon winter will be here and more trips will be done.

scaled.php