Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 610TE Carbon fibre parts--Prices added  (Read 4133 times)

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
Re: 610TE Carbon fibre parts--Prices added
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 08:25:17 am »
Very Nice Michael  :thumleft:

A few questions:

Do you stick the stator and clutch covers over the existing casings? 

What adhesive do you use?

How much room is there between the rear brake lever and the cover?

Do you think the carbon fibre covers will help prevent the brake/gear levers from punching through the casings in a fall?  (Some Kevlar in the mix would help maybe?)

Lastly what sort of discounts do we get if we buy more than one unit.  As you can see I'm most interested in the two covers, but it all looks nice, if I had the money....

Also are you planning to do a blanked off aircleaner cover?
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline dirtWarp

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 09:28:30 am »
Fine work there Blazes  :thumleft:

Online blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 10:32:46 am »
Very Nice Michael  :thumleft:

A few questions:

Do you stick the stator and clutch covers over the existing casings? 

What adhesive do you use?

How much room is there between the rear brake lever and the cover?

Do you think the carbon fibre covers will help prevent the brake/gear levers from punching through the casings in a fall?  (Some Kevlar in the mix would help maybe?)

Lastly what sort of discounts do we get if we buy more than one unit.  As you can see I'm most interested in the two covers, but it all looks nice, if I had the money....

Also are you planning to do a blanked off aircleaner cover?

Hi Alan. I use a Kevlar carbon --Hybrid weave to strenghthen the carbon on the inside. The Kevlar spanned and vacuumed forms a kind of trampoline and  works the same as a bullet bounsing off a bullet proof vest

U
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Online blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 10:39:48 am »
The covers get stuck on with a thin layer of mirror silicone on the edge to prevent dirt from entering and giving it a little play.
There is enough room between the brake and carbon cover as the two layers of carbon and one layer of carbon-kevlar weave when vacuumed is reasonably thin -

I am sure it will help as i make for the 300ktm race bikes that are abused as well as some for the 950 and 990 ktms
Call me for discount on more than one as it is they are very well priced as the ktm one sells in the shops between R800 to R1200 rand --and uses less materials-

I am busy with a complete air box cover that will be blanked off and holes can be made where the owners want them -
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Online blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 10:40:31 am »
Current Scooters --

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 11:38:48 am »
I am definitely there for the airbox - It would be good to be able to do the back section as well so that one could improve on the shitty threaded inserts ... I would love to mod it so it can take DZUS fasteners. Please let the cover be flat not with the present bolt head recesses if possible - or larger diam so that they could accommodate a  DZUS ring top. Also presumably without all the internal tangs as well?
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 11:47:55 am »
The covers get stuck on with a thin layer of mirror silicone on the edge to prevent dirt from entering and giving it a little play.
There is enough room between the brake and carbon cover as the two layers of carbon and one layer of carbon-kevlar weave when vacuumed is reasonably thin -

I am sure it will help as i make for the 300ktm race bikes that are abused as well as some for the 950 and 990 ktms
Call me for discount on more than one as it is they are very well priced as the ktm one sells in the shops between R800 to R1200 rand --and uses less materials-

I am busy with a complete air box cover that will be blanked off and holes can be made where the owners want them -

Thanks Michael

I think I want both covers (stator and clutch) - I'll give you a call.  :thumleft:

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 11:58:41 am »
I am definitely there for the airbox - It would be good to be able to do the back section as well so that one could improve on the shitty threaded inserts ... I would love to mod it so it can take DZUS fasteners. Please let the cover be flat not with the present bolt head recesses if possible - or larger diam so that they could accommodate a  DZUS ring top. Also presumably without all the internal tangs as well?

WD Technologies 610 Improvements Inc.  (an, as yet to be listed or incorporated, virtual company using the latest crowd sourcing design  and carbon technologies :ricky:)  I nominate myself Chairman for life and thus deserve R12,500 plus bonus - viva!  8)

As far as the air box goes, my thoughts are:
1) Designed specifically for one of these things http://wwm.ehsracing.com/store/Items.aspx?code=ABX-UNIV&key=cat - with the hole already cut.  That hole should be the ONLY way air/water can enter.
2) You will need the internal props to hold the aircleaner firmly in place - it will be a disaster if it lifts away from the rear face and lets dirt past!  So the cover needs to incorporate those four pod things etc - which makes things difficult.

Online blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 12:34:23 pm »
Well Mr Chairman  ::) Not that difficult to make the Air Box as one just makes it in a twp part mold -- ;)
Current Scooters --

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 12:44:28 pm »
Well Mr Chairman  ::) Not that difficult to make the Air Box as one just makes it in a twp part mold -- ;)

OK I decree make it so!
 :biggrin:

Offline Aquatic

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
    • Ratel Engineering Design
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 01:37:23 pm »
Naais work Mike!!!
The conundrum that is life...
You have to be absolutely smashed to have the guts to attempt it,
But perfectly sober to achieve any success!

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2012, 02:01:12 pm »

1) Designed specifically for one of these things http://wwm.ehsracing.com/store/Items.aspx?code=ABX-UNIV&key=cat - with the hole already cut.  That hole should be the ONLY way air/water can enter.
2) You will need the internal props to hold the aircleaner firmly in place - it will be a disaster if it lifts away from the rear face and lets dirt past!  So the cover needs to incorporate those four pod things etc - which makes things difficult.

Sorry but on number 1) I am not so sure - I have looked at these carefully and even considered one myself BUT it is still a hole in the lid and the membrane looses its properties fairly quickly from what I have heard on the internet (within a year)  ??? I would still like an airbox that opens higher up like the 630 but pulls enough air???
OR of course maybe smaller round ehs filters that one can fit higher ... which may be the way to go as you can buy the membrane from them separately. I just really do not like the airebox - does not seal at seam and is very susceptible to water ingress. On point 2) - indeed you need some stand-off's to hold the filter but all those other little tongues ??

While we are talking airbox I am still tempted to try a complete airboxectomy and route the intake to below the seat with a Uni pod filter and space made available through using a Ultrabatt ... longer term plan maybe  ::)
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 02:30:19 pm »

Sorry but on number 1) I am not so sure - I have looked at these carefully and even considered one myself BUT it is still a hole in the lid and the membrane looses its properties fairly quickly from what I have heard on the internet (within a year)  ??? I would still like an airbox that opens higher up like the 630 but pulls enough air???
OR of course maybe smaller round ehs filters that one can fit higher ... which may be the way to go as you can buy the membrane from them separately. I just really do not like the airebox - does not seal at seam and is very susceptible to water ingress. On point 2) - indeed you need some stand-off's to hold the filter but all those other little tongues ??

While we are talking airbox I am still tempted to try a complete airboxectomy and route the intake to below the seat with a Uni pod filter and space made available through using a Ultrabatt ... longer term plan maybe  ::)

Last time I read up about those EHS filter membranes, most users seemed happy.  They aren't absolutely water proof apparently, but are water resistant.  I suppose  one should set design objectives.  For me the idea is to avoid ingesting water in a deep water crossing - so that would mean that you need to get the intake as high as possible and that the bike should stall (ie run out of air) before it sucks in enough water to do damage in the event the intake is submerged - which is what the membrane should do (restrict water inflow enough until the engine stalls) - I think.  But I'll read up again.

The problem with a complete re-design of the whole airbox (instead of just the cover) is that the rear shock's in the way, which is why we have the current config.

It is a clunky design, especially when you include the brass insert problem, but its not unworkable, just needs a bit of tweaking thats all IMO.

As for those "little tongues" I assume they are there to stop the filter foam oscillating in and out rapidly as the engine breaths, but I'm open to better explainations.  I would hesitate to say that they aren't necessary. 

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 04:28:21 pm »
The problem is not just the possibility of the ehs letting water in but that the actual box does not seal around the edges so it is letting water in before it even gets to that height ... yes has a drain plug and the filter is oiled but still a kak design IMHO.

Online blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2012, 04:51:51 pm »
Exhaust complete --- and YES my chain is a TAD slack ::) changing the back tyre --

The radiator shrouds --

Current Scooters --

Offline M3X3Z3

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2012, 10:46:05 pm »
Your shit looks the business there M  :thumright:

Love the idea of the DIY air box cover :thumbsup:

How about also offering a snorkel a la TE630 design, however your snorkel should flow 2~3 times the amount of air than the stock 630 snorkel  :love4: :love4:

That way we would no longer need the EHS pre filter thingy
Honda XR250  Husqvarna TE630  Husqvarna SM630  KTM 690

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2012, 08:21:34 am »
Must admit that heat shield looks bloody nice as well!

Online blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2012, 05:30:51 pm »
Your shit looks the business there M  :thumright:

Love the idea of the DIY air box cover :thumbsup:

How about also offering a snorkel a la TE630 design, however your snorkel should flow 2~3 times the amount of air than the stock 630 snorkel  :love4: :love4:

That way we would no longer need the EHS pre filter thingy

Thank's J --BTW we doing a --TAR run on the SM's on Sunday in your area. Let me know if you want to join  :mwink:
Current Scooters --

Online blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 07:56:48 am »
ALL Carbon ---SOLD --only have one set of clutch stator covers left --

Will unfortunately not be making more for a while as i am busy developing some new products  ::)and time will be a problem.

In future i will only be doing products on order -- ::)

Current Scooters --

Offline M3X3Z3

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2012, 09:38:51 pm »
Thank's J --BTW we doing a --TAR run on the SM's on Sunday in your area. Let me know if you want to join  :mwink:

Would have been great but I am headed South for the weekend
Honda XR250  Husqvarna TE630  Husqvarna SM630  KTM 690