Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Oranjamund Info  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Robey Leibbrandt

• Puppy
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
Oranjamund Info
« on: August 15, 2012, 07:15:49 pm »
I need some info about Oranjemund.

We are traveling by motorbike and was thinking to do Springbok, Port Noloth, Alexanderbay, Oranjemund, Rosh Pino, Aus, Luderitz (to check on the railroad!!).

But then I got this response from the permit office at Namibia De Beers:

Unfortuntuatry no motorcycles are allowed to travel through the gravel road from Oranjemund to Roshpinah or from Oranjemund to
Luderitz. And No private vehicle are allowe to travel between Oranjemund via kolmaskop gate to Luderitz. The only road that is allowe to use with private car is thae road between Oranjemund and Roshpinah. Which you need permit to use it.

Nou hoe gemaak!!!

Offline tgg

Re: Oranjamund Info
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 07:17:42 pm »
do what you did in the war, clandestine

Offline Robey Leibbrandt

• Puppy
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 07:20:05 pm »
I am reformed and come in peace this time.

Offline tgg

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 07:34:20 pm »
You need a permit from oranjemund to rosh pinah, and as far as know it is not a scenic tour. if you feel that you want to see port nolloth then ride there, alexander bay is nothing much but there is a road there that goes to baken etc, i just don,t know how far along the orange. but you will regret if you don,t do the road from noordoewer , past aussenker over fish river to rosh pinah.

That is a must for anyone.  But pm Chrisl, he wrote the bible for these areas, should be in the updated third edition of the second new testament.

As moses knew the nile , chrisl knows northern cape and namibia

Offline Robey Leibbrandt

• Puppy
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 08:06:35 pm »
You need a permit from oranjemund to rosh pinah, and as far as know it is not a scenic tour. if you feel that you want to see port nolloth then ride there, alexander bay is nothing much but there is a road there that goes to baken etc, i just don,t know how far along the orange. but you will regret if you don,t do the road from noordoewer , past aussenker over fish river to rosh pinah.

That is a must for anyone.  But pm Chrisl, he wrote the bible for these areas, should be in the updated third edition of the second new testament.

As moses knew the nile , chrisl knows northern cape and namibia

Aussenker, Noord Oewer was our way back.  Don't want to do the same way up and down.

Thank you very much.  Will pm Chrisl for his version of the script that no bikes are allowed!

Offline tgg

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 08:25:22 pm »
Spoke to my FIL who stays in Luderitz, You can contact Namdeb in oranjemund +264 63 239 111 for info. He was busy with a darts game and not very talkative. So I could find out more info tomorrow if you want.

He has travellled that road on visits here.

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 09:00:25 pm »
To visit Oranjemund someone need to invite you that lives there and if you happen to have
a criminal record he would not even invite you!!

Go Port Nolloth to Alexanderbay and then all along the Orange in an Easterly direction past Baken and
cross the Orange at Sendelingsdrif pontoon.
Rosh Pinah is very close.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline the_wes

• Occasional Perpetrator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
    • Rather be Riding
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 09:17:47 pm »
Ah Oranjemund, the place of my birth  :thumleft:

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 08:17:31 pm »
Ah Oranjemund, the place of my birth  :thumleft:

You too? Surprise surprice.....I'm registered as born in Luderitz, simply because Oranjemund didn't have a birth register facility....(sorry for the hijack...)
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline da PEEG

• "So far, everything that has surprised me has been completely unexpected."
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 08:48:59 pm »
When I was in the Air Force in the 70's, we did a concert at Oranjemund and stayed over for 2-days.

When we were leaving, they arrested me because the pellet in my neck(that my buddy put there in a cowboys & crooks game in my youth) looked like a diamond!!!

They thought I had swallowed a diamond and was trying to smuggle it out. Had to wait a whole day before they got confiormation from my childhood doctor...

Those okes are "heavy" when it comes to security  dude...

da PEEG
BMW R1150GSA(Sidecar);  Yamaha XT660R

Offline Bergie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
  • WD# 3825
    • Hydra
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 09:05:04 pm »
Go from Springbok, Port Nolloth, Alexanderbaai, then along the Orange to Sendelingsdrift and camp there for the night.
Next day cross and go Rosh Pinah, Aus.
When you get to Alexanderbay you will realise there is nothing to see at Oranjemund. We work there and trust me the Richtersveld towards Sendelingsdrift is much nicer to ride and explore.
Blessed are the Cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Offline Robey Leibbrandt

• Puppy
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 02:26:15 pm »
Thank you to everybody for the info. :biggrin:

Offline Karel Kat

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • 'Burn Babilaan an de wicked'
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 02:10:17 pm »
Interesting choice of forum name seeing that you are on your way to the west coast. You probably know that your namesake, the original Robey Leibbrandt, was landed at Koringkorrelbaai (S30 39 19.7 E17 27 49.7) from a German yacht (some still say submarine) in 1941 to do dark deeds for Nazi Germany. From your itenarary it sems the closest you will be passing is Springbok, about 150 km to the north-east. Don't know why you chose the name, but if there are any close ties it may be interesting to visit Koringkorrelbaai.
Proudly colonialist dog walker and brannewyn libtard

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 02:15:58 pm »
do what you did in the war, clandestine
Karel Kat that's why TGG gave him this answer!! Seeing that he already knows the coast very well :mwink:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Karin A

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 02:22:21 pm »
Interesting choice of forum name seeing that you are on your way to the west coast. You probably know that your namesake, the original Robey Leibbrandt, was landed at Koringkorrelbaai (S30 39 19.7 E17 27 49.7) from a German yacht (some still say submarine) in 1941 to do dark deeds for Nazi Germany. From your itenarary it sems the closest you will be passing is Springbok, about 150 km to the north-east. Don't know why you chose the name, but if there are any close ties it may be interesting to visit Koringkorrelbaai.
Robey Leibrand se kleinseun ( ek dink) bly in Niewoudtsville, sy naam is ook Robey Leibrand

Offline sandrot

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 07:48:02 am »
And then there was three of us born in that town!!
KTM 950/990 Adventure S

Offline Robey Leibbrandt

• Puppy
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 06:23:05 pm »
Robey Leibrand se kleinseun ( ek dink) bly in Niewoudtsville, sy naam is ook Robey Leibrand

Sal dit op soek as daar deur gaan.  Dankie.

I like Robey's guts = Alles vir my Volk. 

Offline prppot

• Puppy
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 03:23:35 pm »
As jy wil oorslaap in Port Nolloth, ek het 'n huis daar (McDougals Baai). Jy kan verniet daar oornag. P

Offline Robey Leibbrandt

• Puppy
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 04:17:20 pm »
As jy wil oorslaap in Port Nolloth, ek het 'n huis daar (McDougals Baai). Jy kan verniet daar oornag. P

Ongelooflikke Volkie van ons. :thumleft:

Het vir jou 'n boodskap gestuur.