Rides with my son / daughter - a short collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Duck

Race Dog
Reaction score
No fixed address...Travelling Southern Africa in a
Due to a few reports lately of dads and sons / daughters rides I thought I'd post a few pics with the stories. Also, this is practice for me to get it right before posting RR's of my other trips!

Firstly a few trips with my son. Before he was old enough to ride on his own bike (legally) he sat pillion with me, dressed in my "old" kit, hence it looking a bit baggy on him is some pics. He has grown into (and out of!) the kit over the years, he's just a tad taller than me now!

This is father and son at a small croc farm in the Groot Marico district. I like the sign!

80d9aef4.jpg

Lunch stop.

aecc1db0.jpg

Die Oog, Groot Marico district.

30a91439.jpg

Part of a trip through Botswana.

6384cce6.jpg

Next few pics from a trip where we followed part of the Wild Coast Eco Route (Tracks 4 Africa), the northern bit down to Hole in the Wall.
On the way past Port Shepstone we detoured to go try out the gorge swing at Oribi...1st me then Brad.

89721080.jpg

087daa6f.jpg

Passing by...

5c4e404e.jpg

Some interesting roads...

69479461.jpg

8bc98a81.jpg

Coffee Bay - we stayed at the Coffee Shack, great place and opportunity for Brad to learn to surf!

fbddd93d.jpg

f5aceb4b.jpg

On another trip, off to Swaziland via Waterberg, Mpumalanga top to bottom then in at Bulembu. It rained for a large part but still, a lot of fun was had!

7dd4b3ed.jpg

Deep in the Magoebaskloof forests

dcb17384.jpg

Summit Lodge (train coach accommodation), Graskop

2afa9d29.jpg

Wanted to do the Gorge Swing at Graskop but the rain was just too much...

c9609e76.jpg

...but then it cleared for a morning! Jumping together was a great bonding experience!

1fe1cbeb.jpg

927d5ade.jpg

Muddy road from Bulembu to Piggs Peak. From here through the hills to the top of the "T Road" and down to Royal Swazi Sun for a few days. Nice to take him to see where his dad lived and worked, here and Nhlangano Sun, from '89 to '91...before he was born!

2a1d7fc7.jpg

Next, a trip with my daughter to Port St John's...