Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Bad Behaviour by Adventure Bikers In Northern Tuli  (Read 17800 times)

Offline Malibu

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • Just a girl on a bike!
Re: Bad Behaviour by Adventure Bikers In Northern Tuli
« Reply #240 on: August 31, 2012, 12:44:31 pm »
Ha!  I know the real story....  you ripped off your entire sub-frame and now you're making out the cow patty is a sink-hole! ;D
They call me Judy or Judes...

You need chaos in your soul to birth a shining star!

Offline Duracell

• 'n Afrikaanse Boere
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Elke aksie het 'n reaksie.........
« Reply #241 on: August 31, 2012, 02:43:10 pm »
Ha!  I know the real story....  you ripped off your entire sub-frame and now you're making out the cow patty is a sink-hole! ;D
Ek sien geen spore in daai modderplassie in nie... het aan photoshop begin dink  ;)  :pot:  :ricky:
My moto: "Assumption is the Mother of all F#@x-Ups" - moet net nie van DRANK vergeet nie - 2de grootste oorsaak............

Offline SandMan

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • bring me a dream......
« Reply #242 on: August 31, 2012, 02:58:42 pm »
Ha!  I know the real story....  you ripped off your entire sub-frame and now you're making out the cow patty is a sink-hole! ;D

:imaposer: you won't believe how a mud patty can lurk in a seemingly dry river bed! I was going along merrily and all of a sudden the front wheel went in, had enough momentum to compress out and then gassed it but the back wheel sank like a brick. Took me 45 mins to dig the damn thing out!  :biggrin:

Ek sien geen spore in daai modderplassie in nie... het aan photoshop begin dink  ;)  :pot:  :ricky:

Hier onder kan jy my spoor sien.....  :imaposer:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:59:03 pm by SandMan »

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #243 on: August 31, 2012, 03:47:46 pm »
No man that bike is just parked ... as explained earlier in the thread ... KTM style  :imaposer:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701 Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #244 on: September 01, 2012, 12:57:53 pm »
Ja, en daai was n ou drinkplekkie gewees van die arme ou bokkies en nou het n KTM dit ook opgedoner en waar moet die liewe ou diertjies nou gaan drink sonder dat die rowerdiere hull vang en opeet vir ontbyt, middagete of aandete?

Offline Plothond

• Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • I was powerslide pozer KING & TV personality
« Reply #245 on: September 02, 2012, 09:53:06 am »
Ja, en daai was n ou drinkplekkie gewees van die arme ou bokkies en nou het n KTM dit ook opgedoner en waar moet die liewe ou diertjies nou gaan drink sonder dat die rowerdiere hull vang en opeet vir ontbyt, middagete of aandete?

Jy is donners onsensitief !!!
Die bokkies sal op 'n anner plek moet gaan modder drink - heelwaarskynlik meer as 50m verder
I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure anymore

The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work

Offline SandMan

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • bring me a dream......
« Reply #246 on: September 03, 2012, 01:33:47 pm »
 :laughing4: nou's ek alweer innie k#k!!!
Seker omdat ek n blerrie KTM ry..........

Offline masehare

« Reply #247 on: September 03, 2012, 03:10:52 pm »
Can someone explain why, except for the dreaded 3month period of seeing tyre tracks, it is forbidden to ride in a riverbed? I am so gatvol of wealthy people buying up land around Stellenbosch and erecting millions of rands of electric fencing, in the process causing our riding place to shrink year after year. A riverbed changes profile on a regular basis anyway, and humans are the only animals stupid enough to want to live too close to it's edge. Sounds like the complaining auntie is just a colonial sitting on a lot of private land in the name of conservation. She also exhibits a very anti-biking approach, and it is this last feature that we must be careful of. Biking will never be socially acceptable, because of movies like "Run angel, run", Rebel without cause, etc, and of cause this auntie. There's buggy tracks on the moon, and she complains of knobbly tracks in a riverbed?!?!?!

Just to react on a few similar posts in this thread:

Rivers (and I assume river beds) are state owned land. The local land owner of the land surrounding the river cannot claim the river is part of his property and therefore has no right to chase you off the river. Beware though, most of them don't know this bit of information and they own guns.
Profile for wepenerc100

take me down to the Salt Lake City where there’s salt and lakes and the lakes are salty

Offline Geriatrix

« Reply #248 on: September 03, 2012, 04:45:39 pm »
Navigable rivers can be used by boaters.
Leonardo da Vinci, “Art is never finished, only abandoned.”

Offline Jacko

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
  • "Don't be a hater, yo." Riaan Cruywagen
« Reply #249 on: September 03, 2012, 04:57:08 pm »
Rivers (and I assume river beds) are state owned land. The local land owner of the land surrounding the river cannot claim the river is part of his property and therefore has no right to chase you off the river. Beware though, most of them don't know this bit of information and they own guns.

This is known as a "quandary".  :biggrin:
"The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug." -  William Cowper Brann

Online ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #250 on: September 03, 2012, 05:06:12 pm »

As far as I know all properties along a river runs to the middel of the river.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline DRAZIL

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Alpha et Omega
« Reply #251 on: September 03, 2012, 05:36:09 pm »

As far as I know all properties along a river runs to the middel of the river.
Chris you are correct and the farmer should have the river edges cleared up to a certain distance for floods.
“You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.”
Charles Manson

Offline Tommy Transalp

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • The Older I get... the Faster I WAS!
« Reply #252 on: September 04, 2012, 08:59:14 am »
Botswana's laws are different in this case. The Limpopo River is in fact an International border, and the farms adjacent to the river do not own any part of it, although officially the border is in the centre of the river.
What the problem is that people ride/drive down the river and then inadvertently wander onto private land when wanting to get out. They then make tracks and roads where the area is environmentaly sensitive.
I live in my own world...
But it's ok... they know me there!
Honda XLV 650 Transalp
Honda CRF230
Royal Enfield 500 Classic