Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Bad Behaviour by Adventure Bikers In Northern Tuli  (Read 17737 times)

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
Re: Bad Behaviour by Adventure Bikers In Northern Tuli
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2012, 01:55:26 pm »
Yip, we should lynch em ....after all this is the internet and the internet is alwasy right!!
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline CrazyPorra

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • The Mutton Man
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2012, 02:06:16 pm »
what could possibly "interest" one , in THIER side of the story 

fukkk em  ...

More often than not, my opinion changes after hearing both sides. I am not defending anyone, as I too know nothing about what happened. They might even fess up and plead for forgiveness. I don't know. Do you?

Don't know what excuse I would have for riding on the river bed at Solomon's wall, where it is well marked stating that you must not. But I have been proven wrong before, so where is their side of the story?

Offline Tommy Transalp

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • The Older I get... the Faster I WAS!
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2012, 02:07:29 pm »
I'm a syndicate member of one of the reserve areas just south of the Motloutse river, and I agree with Lancer that this type of behaviour needs to be nipped in the bud ASAP.
The landowners can make things very unpleasant for all bikers who visit the area, and just because there's some pricks doing what they are not allowed to, we all will suffer!
If there are photo's of these idiots... post them!
If they are wilddogs, they should be named, shamed and banned! If they are'nt, then we should sort them out by teaching them some wilddog ettiquette .,.,... m'fukkers >:(
I live in my own world...
But it's ok... they know me there!
Honda XLV 650 Transalp
Honda CRF230
Royal Enfield 500 Classic

Offline DeeCeeBee

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Tasmania - Australia
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2012, 02:18:22 pm »
3 sides to every story...yes indeed, but tyre tracks in a river bed dont lie...

Name and shame!!
BRP...now joined by Africa Twin Adv Sport

Offline Fugly

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2012, 02:50:20 pm »
Fcuking arrogant assholes!
Donít worry about things that arenít, worry about things that are and your decisions are so much easier to make!

Offline ROOI

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • XR650R YZ 250 2t WR AKA Red Rider
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2012, 02:55:36 pm »

fukkk em  ...

More often than not, my opinion changes after hearing both sides. I am not defending anyone, as I too know nothing about what happened. They might even fess up and plead for forgiveness. I don't know. Do you?

Don't know what excuse I would have for riding on the river bed at Solomon's wall, where it is well marked stating that you must not. But I have been proven wrong before, so where is their side of the story?
Yes I heard that it is illegal to ride in the river . Is this true ?
FTS

Offline Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • Mommy Fairy :)
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2012, 03:00:56 pm »
Whoopsy!  :happy1:
"Don't let your ice cream melt while you're counting somebody else's sprinkles."

Offline CrazyPorra

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • The Mutton Man
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2012, 03:07:27 pm »

Well from experience (+/- 3 years ago) you can use the existing track to get across the river, but are not allowed to deviate from that track.

Offline Sithe

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • gewig versplasing
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2012, 03:08:41 pm »
Someone once said :

"The easiest thing to do on a quad is to make lots of noise. The hardest part is to do so away from other people"

I operate at a level supreme to the devil

Offline h≤/hh

• Bike: KTM 690 Enduro
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2012, 03:16:25 pm »
Lance, if this is true, "Name and Shame Them" the quicker the better. As one reader mentioned, give the information over to the local authorities.
Hunt them down and 'kill' them. If photographs are available send it to various adventure and outdoor magazines. Bastids
800LG
PitBike - (690R)
F650GS Dakar (Rebuilt in progress)

"Too often ... would men boast only of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." - Louis L'Amour (1908-1988)

Offline PoepolJack

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Really shy member since 2006-11-08
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2012, 03:25:48 pm »
Unbefarckenlievable!!!! Maybe these arseholes never received the memo to go to the closest Post Office to collect their brains. Name and shame them >:D >:D
You have one life... Live it!!!

Offline DeeCeeBee

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Tasmania - Australia
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2012, 03:31:08 pm »
The more I think about this, the more angry I get about the arrogance and selfishness portrayed by these guys.
The sense of entitlement to destroy OTHER peoples priveledges is something I fail to understand!!

I am off to trawl the Ride report threads to see if I can trace some of those numbers  :dousing:
BRP...now joined by Africa Twin Adv Sport

Offline Tagsey1

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Lifes to Short....deaths to permanant
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2012, 04:04:32 pm »
Typical wankers........ name and shame and if they are WD shame on them ban the twats........

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2012, 04:20:50 pm »

fukkk em  ...

Hmmmm got picks of where your XR was --TRANSPORTED -- to Solomon's wall --Lucky Scotty beamed you all Up and no sand was disturbed at all  ::) Ps before KTM's where invented to just set the record straight  :peepwall:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:23:41 pm by blazes »
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2012, 06:11:12 pm »
Different sides to every story?........Well OK, but if Lancer's assertions are true, that One:- they knowingly caused disturbance to a group of walkers, and Two, when approached and asked to desist from riding in a restricted area, they responded by performing donuts in front of the protester, then it's hard to imagine what they could offer in mitigation of their actions.

Offline ahlbebuck

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • G450X, CRF450R, XR200R
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2012, 06:35:09 pm »
Weird thread!!!!???

Lancer, why not post those registration numbers? You are obviously very sure of your facts and you feel directly affected. Judging by the reactions from forum members, this affects more people, so why the mystery and suspense? Why protect their identity?

If those okes are on here and feel that they want to tell their side of the story, surely you have no objections?  ???
If you can't fix it with a hammer, its an electrical problem!

Online 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2012, 07:43:43 pm »
Honest question; why can the river beds not be ridden?

Offline Lancer

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Africa Twin - Say no more
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2012, 07:44:09 pm »
Weird thread!!!!???

Lancer, why not post those registration numbers? You are obviously very sure of your facts and you feel directly affected. Judging by the reactions from forum members, this affects more people, so why the mystery and suspense? Why protect their identity?

If those okes are on here and feel that they want to tell their side of the story, surely you have no objections?  ???

By way of full disclosure, I have a direct interest in one of the farms within the Northern Tuli Game Reserve. The information that I have received has been from management on the ground on our property, as well as from management and staff from other properties. I have photographs of tyre tracks in the Limpopo river, and I have the e-mail chain of correspondence between the various properties involved. My reluctance to release the full registration numbers is due to the fact that whilst the information that I have received is credible, I did not witness any of this at first hand. I am waiting for some information to be sent to me, following which I will determine whether to "name and shame".
People ask us why we ride a motorcycle. For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Offline Lancer

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Africa Twin - Say no more
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2012, 07:48:46 pm »
Honest question; why can the river beds not be ridden?

For a multitude of reasons, conservation being the primary one. In addition, the tracks leave extremely un-natural "footprints" in the sand, which spoil the natural splendour of the area.
People ask us why we ride a motorcycle. For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Offline ahlbebuck

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • G450X, CRF450R, XR200R
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2012, 07:49:32 pm »
Weird thread!!!!???

By way of full disclosure, I have a direct interest in one of the farms within the Northern Tuli Game Reserve. The information that I have received has been from management on the ground on our property, as well as from management and staff from other properties. I have photographs of tyre tracks in the Limpopo river, and I have the e-mail chain of correspondence between the various properties involved. My reluctance to release the full registration numbers is due to the fact that whilst the information that I have received is credible, I did not witness any of this at first hand. I am waiting for some information to be sent to me, following which I will determine whether to "name and shame".

Very valid reason!  :thumleft:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, its an electrical problem!