Tubeless workshop this Thursday (23/08) in JHB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hondsekierie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
This should most probably be posted in the Technical section but due to short notice I reckon it will have maximum effect on this board.  So please mods, don't remove, at least for the next two days - after all it's free, mahala and to the benefit of all dogs with tubed wheels :biggrin:

WD Draadkar (Jacques) from Durban has offered their lab (Sikaflex) in Jhb to show us how to make your tubed wheels tubeless.  There has  been quite some interest from members recently and I have toiled with the idea ever since I converted from BMW to KTM.  (Ja, jou moer ook Jacko :-[)  You can read a bit about it here https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=97347.0

From what I could gather it's a pretty simple process and I will take my wheels for the gratis / mahala treatment :biggrin:.  I will take pics and discuss it in the technical section after i've attended the workshop but if you want to get first hand knowledge of the process this is it.

I know guys like Cytech charges in the region of R 1,800 a wheel.  I say rather learn how to do it yourself and use the bucks for adventure riding.  Nobody will gain any financial benefit - maybe some 0,0000007% spike in Sikaflex sales - but an obvious huge gain for anyone that can benefit from this.

Jacques is a big shot at this international company (one of their many products being Sikaflex) and even offered to put up a free lunch for those who will be attending.

Date / Time:  Thursday 23 August 2012 @ 10:00
Place:  10 Village Crescent, Linbro Business Park, Sandton

Just leave your name here :thumleft: