Into the Northern Cape - Kimberly/Keimoes/Pella/Augrabies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
My first Ride report...so be a little patient with me.......So the plan was to go spoil an orphanage in Keimoes in the Northern Cape and then use the opportunity to explore the region.  Three bikes and a ton of stuff loaded into two bakkies left Roodepoort early on Thursday 9 August for a 3,000k, 7 day round trip into the Northern Cape.  Antois and Dan on their 1200GSA's, my 800GS and the 2 bakkie's (Engela, Albert and Jacolette) got together early at the Fochville Engen - destination Kimberly for our 1st night.

Meeting at Fochville Engen
a39a7c87.jpg

Breakfast in Potchefstroom - waiting for the bakkies to make it through a serious Stop/Go point
e38adb03.jpg

The Bles Bridges memorial just outside Bloemhof
a25e5909.jpg

Stopping for a break just outside Makwassie
467c516a.jpg

So despite it being all on tar we had a lekker ride taking the back roads to Kimberly.  There was no rush and when we got to the Groot Gat caravan Park there was not another soul around - we had the whole place to ourselves.
8122cec3.jpg

29bba6e6.jpg

So after setting up camp it was time to settle around the braai and think about the next days ride to Keimoes through Campbell, Grikwastad, Groblershoop and Upington.