AA - Automobile Association - Advice Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LLTHB

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hello to all Dogs.

Chaps, need advice. My GSA and my Harley are shortly out of the 2 year ride assist care package. One of my vehicles has just finished its 6 year Mobilo Assist with Mercedes and now has no road side cover.

If I buy more Mercedes cover for the car, it only covers the car. If I join HOG, it will only cover the Harley and if I extend (If I can??) the BMW assist, it will only cover the BMW.

My wife has a Harley and drives Mercedes as well, so she is in a similar boat to me.

I have looked at the AA offering = and upshot is they cover you as a person, not your car. So I could be driving a friends car and if it breaks down, the AA will come and assist me. And tow / work on the friends car for free. They do recover bikes - but they cannot offer repairs or roadside battery changes on bikes - but all other AA services apply.

Who has used the AA in a bike assist role before??? Any recommendations. Premier membership for me and the wife is less than R180 a month - that is for our 3 vehicles and the 3 bikes. Is this good value - what else is on offer.

We all have the same concerns - bike is 3 years old, just serviced, you on the road to Clarens and the engine seizes or you drop the bike after hitting a pothole = How do you get the bike home??? AA will send a ADT security guard to sit with  you till the flat bed truck arrives.

If any one has any input, recommendations, advice, please - lets hear it.

Thank you.

"It's still a beautiful world!!"