Rant - AMID Show parking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brodes

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
I took a ride out intending to visit the AMID show with my wallet burning a hole in my pocket. Got to entrance 5 and was stopped by a parking attendant demanding payment for parking.
WTF! After announcements on radio channels and this forum that parking would be free for bikers at entrance 5!
It' not about the money. I'm just sick and tired of companies that treat customers like shite, not holding to their side of a deal, like they're doing me a favour by doing business with me.
To add to my frustration, I stopped off at Linux Yamaha on the way home to get myself a few pairs of Oxford socks. The till attendant wants my name and telephone number - he can't enter the transaction without my personal details.
FFS, I'm buying two pairs of socks, not a fcuking mansion. Why do you need to know if my ancestors were 'Hens-oppers' in the Boer war? Anyway, I left the socks on the counter and walked out.
I've just ordered US$ 1015 worth of stuff from Pro Cycle in the states. This is money that I had planned to spend locally (at the AMID show if I saw what I was looking for).
My apologies to the forum vendors who spent money exhibiting at the show, I didn't get to see your stuff, but until South African companies learn about customer service, I'll be happy vote with my feet and spend my money elsewhere.
You'd never know there was a recession on, judging by the attitude of some.