Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Grizz & Dozer's Ride South Africa, Ride Report Complete. YouTube Videos.....  (Read 66283 times)

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Luister boet .... Ek sit al van 6uur vanoggend hier en wag ..... soos afgespreek  :-\ en jy trek NOU eers uit die Paarl weg!  :lamer:
Te lank weer met jou selfoon gespeel ne ..... Roer jou gat - dis koud hier!

For you guys expecting Grizz & Dozer in George tonight .....  :peepwall:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 01:58:11 pm by Goose »
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ‹(•¿•)›

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
Luister boet .... Ek sit al van 6uur vanoggend hier en way ..... Soos afgespreek :-\ en jy trek NOU eers uit die Paarl weg!  :lamer:
Te lank weer met jou selfoon gespeel ne ..... Roer jou gat - dis koud hier!

For you guys expecting Grizz & Dozer in George tonight .....  :peepwall:

vok Goose I have to use google

"Listen brother .... This morning I put all of 6 hours and way ..... As agreed and you go NOW only from the Paarl away!
Played too long with your phone again ne ... Stir your ass - it's cold here!"
A founding member of the Witwatersrand Anchor Society.

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Hou die blink kant in!
    • Koedoeskloof Country Lodge
Still makes way more sense than:

Gwrando brawd .... Y bore yma wyf yn rhoi i gyd o 6 awr a ffordd ..... Fel y cytunwyd, ac rydych yn mynd NAWR yn unig o'r Paarl i ffwrdd!
Wedi chwarae rhy hir gyda eich ffôn unwaith eto ne ... Cymysgwch eich ass - mae'n oer yma

Break a leg and enjoy the trip gents!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:14:48 am by Veldbrand »

Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258  http://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  facebook - Koedoeskloof Country Lodge, Dwarsrivier, Ladismith, WC
Life is like hitch hiking, just when you think you're not going to get a lift, you don't.

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
Still makes way more sense than:

Gwrando brawd .... Y bore yma wyf yn rhoi i gyd o 6 awr a ffordd ..... Fel y cytunwyd, ac rydych yn mynd NAWR yn unig o'r Paarl i ffwrdd!
Wedi chwarae rhy hir gyda eich ffôn unwaith eto ne ... Cymysgwch eich ass - mae'n oer yma

Break a leg and enjoy the trip gents!

:lol8: :lol8:

Offline LoneRunner

Morning guys, Ill be watching this thread from my phone today, if you need anything passing the Mossel Bay area..... Just shout!

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Looks like greatbriding weatherbthis weekend p :ricky:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701 Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Online Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • WAT KYK JY
For you guys expecting Grizz & Dozer in George tonight .....  :peepwall:

As hulle die volle kusroete doen, en die pont by Malgas insluit, reken ek hulle sal meskien teen so 2100 vanaand op George wees.
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

…, I wish I could own them all, and until I can afford to own them all at once, I will own them one at a time... 

Offline Goose

• Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
Ok chaps - I'm back in Cape Town with a moerse sore ass!! That XT is a lekker bike but jinne jong....... :pot:

Arrived at the SHELL garage to meet the boys - nada.... they not there....

Thought Grizz could relate to the CHEAP petrol price here!

I eventually had a chap arrive on a KLE - nothing to do with the forum - helluva nice bloke (Henk) who lives in Stanford (they do horseriding trails)...... so he kept me company until the two Brothers arrived..........

We managed to get underway as time was running from us and we were now way behind schedule.
To make matters worse - Grizz managed to snap the PTT cable on his setup - too many cable ties and not enough play left.......... so I took mine from my bike and we installed it on his to ensure they have Comms between them for the trip!

Once we got going - the first photo-opportunity was above the Gordon's Bay harbour area.....

once all was dusted, we got back on the bikes and I proceeded to move to the roadside and waited for them. Man - WHY WHEN YOU NEED THE CAMERA is it in the bag!!

Grizz somehow lost his footing and down he went with the bike - 100% sidestand incident........... but apart from losing a few litres of fuel - all was well. (by the way - if anyone has a spare fuel cap for this bike - please assist... it's got a temp-cap on that does not seal..)

Another stop was in order - about 4km's before Rooi Els...........

at this stage there was some splattering excuse for rain.......... I was really chilled at this stage - having ridden to the garage without my liner........ and I still did not have a cuppa to warm the innards.......... so we decided to hoof it to Kleinmond for a brekkie.

Dozer with a moerse grin

Grizz contemplating whether he could perhaps use the "BeadMaster" tyre levers to "harvest" a few Perlemoen   ;)

endless discussions about the bike and kit...........

Grizz's new UVEX helmet he got at a bargain price before leaving the UK for our last trip to France........... note the Wilddog paw!! That was the first order of business - to get the paw on!  :thumleft:

Some of you might have read the trip report we did for the trip in France ............ one of my pet moans was that Grizz is a total blimmen Tech-junkie.......... he's addicted to his "Mobile" .............. and fok me..... his boet joined him............. two peas-in-a-pod!

........... Our waitress helped out with the camera.......... man - was that a welcome meal!

View from the eatery!

Now - while we're sitting there minding our own business .. along comes this .........  not sure if it goes here or buttism....  :peepwall: .. but as it's Grizz's thread - I'll donate to him!

I started chasing the chaps - realising they still had quite a distance to travel, I handed them my maps as well and told them that we'll hussle to Hermanus - where I'd take my leave of them.
The XT550 developed an electrical problem, my ass was sore and I was not about to take a chance that the bike might fail on me!

Ample Bike parking in Hermanus - nogal right by Tourist Info (WELL DONE!)

nice boney............

Really nice to see such old stalwards together.........  :thumleft:

Final "MAL" pics before saying our goodbyes...........

Grizz

Dozer

The Boys

New & old mates ..........

Travle safe chaps - been really lekker riding with you - nice to have met you Deon and looking forward to meeting up again in the near future.

Rian - sterkte boet........... veilig ry en geniet dit. Sien jou sommer gou weer!

"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ‹(•¿•)›

Offline bungycool

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Hey goose thanks for the update. That Xr of yours looks lekker and the boys starting to get into the rhythm even if the whale flipped the Grizz.
If your'e going to do something do it with conviction!

Offline Goose

• Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
Hey goose thanks for the update. That Xr of yours looks lekker and the boys starting to get into the rhythm even if the whale flipped the Grizz.

Always a pleasure Jim -  :thumleft: it seems like ages since you were last here...!  

By the way - it's the Yamaha XT that - not the Xaar !  8)

I've had no further news from the two of them - hope all's well...  they wanted to reach George by 6pm - but maybe a bit ambitious...?

UPDATE - The boys reached George a short while ago - SAFE!! 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:03:04 pm by Goose »

Offline Tiger8

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
Thanks Goose for the RR, looks like the boys are going go have plenty bacon and eggs on this ride, tomorrow it is the Wimpy with Jupiter, for breakfast naturally ( I am sure Jup has shares in Wimpy  :biggrin:)
Don't Sweat the Petty Stuff & Don't Pet the Sweaty Stuff!
Triumph Sprint 1050ST
Yamaha WR450F

Offline Kosie

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Ready to Ride
Thanks for the update  Goose.

In a few words....

Landed at Kosie's place.

Unpacked bikes etc, fire started, brandy bottle necks broken.....

Two vicious dogs almost eating us up alive.

BBQ in order, tomorrow is 7 passes, and half of Baviaans Kloof.

ONLY ONE PIC TONIGHT ....

OK.... one more....

Just shows that Kosie has a very wise wife in the decorating department.

I will update and upload properly when I have no time now.

Offline Shangali

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Just Do It ....

looking forward to see the baviaans ride,
 good memories for me,
 a Great Chance to make some Water Crossing Shots

Enjoy  ...  :ricky:

:sip:
Shangali           Out with my Friends - Dirt, Dust & Gravel ..

Offline Smidty

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Ons het 10 uur vanaand vir julle gewag by McNastys
All things are difficult before they are easy

Offline spoedvark

• Forum Whore
The hospitality of fellow DOGs never ceases to amaze me. Well done so far guys.

Enjoying your trip with you via "THE CLOUD"!!!
Go Big!
or
Go Home!!!!
Previous bikes:
Yamaha XS 400 Special Kawasaki ZX 10 Yamaha XT 550 BMW 650 GS BMW 1200 GS KEEP THE RUBBER DUSTY!!!!

Offline ®©errie

• Incognito
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
Sien julle manne nou nou
2003 Yamaha XT600e (Blouwa)
1993 Suzuki Djebel 200 (Project)
1984 Yamaha TT600 (Sold)
1984 Yamaha XT250T (Sold)
2001 Yamaha SR250 (RIP) 1997 Yamaha RX115 (Sold) 1987 Kawasaki KE100 (in bike heaven) :paw: :paw: :paw: :paw:  Ride Report: Verneukpan and Beyond

Online zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S33°54.712 E018°28.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
woke up at 4am this morning, bike stuff on my mind, decided to read WD trip reports, and 11 brilliant pages later, have a grin on my face; everything from digging the Grizz-Pod, to having lost my own Dad just last year, and needing to distribute his ashes, too, knowing Goose, and how he (and others) helped out on your trip, mentally riding these roads with you, enjoying the fact the boys born in the era of fuel injection (the 21year-old), was helping balance carburetors (world is leaker upside down, ne!), and had a GOOD chuckle at Welsh translating Afrikaans into English, then chirping about it, and then seeing what WELSH language would look like.... frtht, whyth, abewisthwtyh, etc!

Brilliant thread, thanks :thumleft:
Chris & Team 021 510 6455 S33°54.712 E018°28.208

MARINE DRIVE, into NEPTUNE street, 2nd left into SHROPSHIRE street, on the right hand side.
021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za sales@flyingbrick.co.za  support@flyingbrick.co.za
S33°54.712 E018°28.208

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
ddeffro am 4am y bore yma, pethau beic ar fy meddwl, penderfynodd i ddarllen adroddiadau daith WD, a 11 tudalen gwych yn ddiweddarach, yn cael gwên ar fy wyneb; popeth o gloddio'r Grizz-Pod, eu bod wedi colli fy nhad ei hun y llynedd yn unig , ac angen i ddosbarthu ei lludw, hefyd, Goose wybod, a sut y (ac eraill) helpu ar eich taith, yn feddyliol marchogaeth ffyrdd hyn gyda chi, yn mwynhau'r ffaith bod y bechgyn a anwyd yn y cyfnod o chwistrellu tanwydd (yr hen 21year-), yn helpu carburetors cydbwysedd (byd yn leaker wyneb i waered, ne!), ac roedd ganddo chwerthin DA mewn Affricaneg cyfieithu Gymraeg i'r Saesneg, yna drydar am y peth, ac yna gweld pa iaith WELSH yn edrych fel .... frtht, whyth, abewisthwtyh, ac ati!   :spitcoffee: :snorting: :snorting:

Online woody1

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
All I could get from that is Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch  :imaposer:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Shangali

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Just Do It ....
All I could get from that is Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch  :imaposer:

DITO here ....  :imaposer:
Shangali           Out with my Friends - Dirt, Dust & Gravel ..