Two girls, one cup.... ( of oil ) the airheads tale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freak

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
The intro phase: 

My love for vintage beemers seem to grow more and more and one can only dream of "that ideal classic". In my case, that would be a /2 model.
A good couple of months ago, Redwolf induced mixed feelings of love and lust when he advertised his R60... But still, it was out of my price range for "another bike". So the dream collapsed.

A month ago I saw a tatty looking R50 resting at my local shopping mall and the lust revived itself inside.. I posted a pic on WD of this sighting , only to be greeted by a PM message by the evil Redwolf. "there's a R50 for sale in pretoria...for a good price, but be warned, shes been around the block". Blocking all attempts to put me off, I was on the 05:45 flight from Cape Town to Jozi the very next morning. In my rental, and off to Pretoors.. As much as I convinced myself "this is a awesome buy", deep down beyond the lust and love for airheads, I knew that even I had my limits when it comes to buying possible elephants. This, in my opinion, was just that. She was better off donating her organs to a builder in part-need. So head down, shoulders low, I departed the scene of the ever so close lust filler. 
Tring tring... Its Redwolf.." did you buy??" obviously the tone in my voice need not be backed up by confirmation.  "stay there and i'm on my way... I'll cheer you up...i have just the thing! " Two minutes later the wolf takes the corner and asks me to follow him. " I'm gonna take you to a place of happiness...a place of tranquility and serenity". Montana. Not just Montana, but a house in Montana housing a small family of german classics. So he stops halfway there and we have a briefing... 
"die omie het n paar fietsies wat jy gaan like.. n Tydjie terug is sy bakkie gesteel, en hy wil dit vervang, wat gaan beteken dat hy dalk een van sy fietsbabas sal moet verkoop". I'm in luck !! Probably the first and only time crime will pay for me! Off we go. 

What I was greeted with, was like something out of a (regular ) dream... Beemers. airheads....lots of them. They are everywhere! From single 250cc airheads to R60's. I dont know where to look and what to drool on first. Now the gents frequenting the AIRHEAD section on WD, will understand. If you show me 100 of the prettiest Alfa's, it might grab me for a grand total of 30 seconds. But different strokes as they say, and these beemers make me tick. 

f3803b6a.jpg

56b3a964.jpg

Short story long, after a 4hr visit, I have talked the omie into selling me a R50/2 and a R75/6. Die mooi een met die speekwiele! 
My future R50/2...

e857391b.jpg

Deal done and off i go, reverse route to the cape.