From somewhere to nowhere

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ama ride ride

Grey Hound
Reaction score
This is no trip report but merely a ride report from somewhere to nowhere

I had 36 hours to get from Onrusriver to JHB and was in no hurry. I left Onrus at noon and decide to go via quiet back roads to Three Sisters where I would overnight on a long lost friendâ??s sheep farm.

The howling wind in the Overberg reminded me to be grateful of the blocked freeways here in JHB. I took my time and stopped often to take pics and just drink in the green.

Rolling green wheat fields with a howling wind.
Photo0117.jpg

Near Zuurbraak
Photo0118.jpg

Photo0119.jpg

Tradouw pass.
Photo0120.jpg

Photo0121.jpg

Photo0122-1.jpg

The lovely R62
Photo0123.jpg

Photo0124.jpg

A few km before Ladysmith a koeltekont of note jumped out of his hiding hole with a Nazi salute. Signaling me to pull over. He looked like he was called from deep retirement to help full out with the speed traps. I did some serious speeding here and was in big kark so I had to do something to get outa this.

KK: Middag meneer.
Me: Afternoon, lovely dayâ?¦ (In sign language) >:D
KK: huh (wind completely out of his sails)
Me: How can I help you? (In sign language)
KK: Meneer jy het vinnig gery
Me: Sorry me deafâ?¦.you speak slowly (in very broken English)
KK: MENEER HET VINNIG GERY
Me: Sorry me no understand (in broken English and sign language)
KK: O fok wat nou.
Me: (Took out register card to show I am deaf.)
KK: Fokkit
Me: Me from Joburgâ?¦farâ?¦*smile very big and look dumb*.(very broken English mixed with sign language)
KK: Ry maar

Help being deafâ?¦.. ;D

At Calitsdorp I took the Kruisriver road to the Swartbergpas â?? Oudtshoorn junction
Photo0125.jpg

Photo0126.jpg

The Swartberg pass was hidden in a thick soup like cloud.
Photo0127.jpg

Turnoff to the hell
Photo0128.jpg

Down the other side.
Photo0129.jpg

Photo0130.jpg

Photo0131.jpg

Took the gravel road from Prins Albert to Leeu Gamka while the thunder played with awesome power in the dark sky.

Stopped here just for the sake to stop and switched off the lights to drink the silent.
Photo0133.jpg

Overnight on a Karoo sheep farm. Rained a lot and skrikked fairly big for the mud monsterâ?¦.
Photo0135.jpg

Homeward bound
Photo0136.jpg

Photo0139.jpg

My name is Ama ride ride and I outwitted a KK