Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Baviaanskloof - Paasnaweek  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Jacko

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
  • "Don't be a hater, yo." Riaan Cruywagen
Baviaanskloof - Paasnaweek
« on: April 24, 2006, 04:36:52 pm »
I did a kief ride through the Baviaans with Sarel v.d. Walt from African Stuff (mr. DS GPS SA). He rides a Katoom 640. I rode Geelslang, my 2002 1150 GS with its' intentionally loud Twin Bros pipe (to make sure people with flip up helmets don't want to associate themselves with me. Works like a charm.

Anyway, Baviaans was kief, but what with rains, it's gonna be a bitch if it already isn't. We did one major watercrossing with the water up to the Boxer's cylinder heads. Moering om there: water in engine, digital camera fucked, an wet undies. Ooh.

This is my first posting. There are one of two who know me through work. Ne Snotkop?

Did anyone here attend the Bunch of P**ses rally 2006. Was there too.

Anyway, I do have a day job, so I'll be checking fings out on an ad hoc basis. That means infrequently; when and where possible/neccessary. Ipso facto, inter alia, vis-a-vis.

Jacko
"The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug." -  William Cowper Brann

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 04:42:27 pm »
Hoesit Jacko

pity about the digital - I would have liked to see some pics of the Baviaans

enjoy the forum!

Offline Jacko

• Grey hound
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 04:48:24 pm »
No, I mean, IF I moered om, there would've been excrement. I didn't.

But I spoke to Leon and he explained how complicated it is (easy, according to him, not me...) to put pics on. I do have a couple. Unfortunately not about the surfer chicks @ the backpackers we stayed at in J-Bay on the Friday.

But ons het naam van die post-35 manne hoog gehou toe ons die laaste uit die kroeg is om 3:30.

It's true what they say, dualsport men do have more fun.
"The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug." -  William Cowper Brann

Offline funacide

• Administrator
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R
    • Mediro Business Service Management
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 05:09:09 pm »
Welcom JACKO.

Enjoy the nut-house, pity no pics!!!
KTM 1190 ADV R
KTM 890 ADV R

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 06:06:41 pm »
Ag nee hierdie ride reports is sommer k%k, can no one post pics anymore  :lol: I'd like to see Baviaans too, me favorite spot to ride.
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline LiveInTheOutdoors

• Race Dog
    • http://tigerr.smugmug.com
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 06:52:58 pm »
very minute is a chance to turn it all around - Vanilla Sky

>Mav... started gym. Officially at 95kg....<

Offline Grootseun

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 07:14:58 am »
Welkom Jacko...

Ja nee, jy sal maar moet leer hoe om pics te post anners raak ons onrustig. Geniet die forum....

Offline Butch

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 07:33:18 am »
Hoezit, Jaco. Nice bike. Ek dink nog aan 'n ander pyp kry vir myne - dit klink net kiefer.

Baviaans is beslis 'n must-do, meer as een keer. Dit en die Swartbergpas.

Day-job is geen verskoning om nie gereeld in te loer nie - skop jou skoene uit wanneer die koffie kom, en kyk bietjie wat maak die mense.  :D

Welkom weereens.
Live and let live.

Offline Jacko

• Grey hound
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 09:48:01 am »
Butch

Jy moet die Two Brothers 'zorst hoor. Een deel oordeelsdag, one part roling thunder. Oh, that sounds too much like a Hardly posing statement. Thing is, is sounds marveloush, as mr. Connery would say.

Binned the catalytic converter, ergo no more worries about leaded/unleaded. Just gooi hom vol, chief en hier gaat ons.

Also, the throttle pick-up is rather crisp and, ahem, lekker. I also subscribe to the notion: "Loud pipes save lives." Nothing better than to blip the throttle when I'm splitting lanes and some moron straddles lanes. Smoking. Open window. Mouth breather. "Bwaap!" Kief.

I have also lost plus minus 9 kgs of lard off the 1150 GS. Priceless. But perhaps the biggest plus is that me and Geelslang don't fit into the BMW "Lifestyle" mould anymore. You know, flipup helmets, standing on the pegs with locked knees and elbows - waiting for the Hoofseun/class captain/club leader/CEO/lynhoof/dominee/ouderling/kringleier to give some command or instruction.

PS I believe, no make that I am convinced Jan du Toit is a closet KaTooM admirer. I got my GS Challenge Red Route certificate and know that KTM's would do better there. Go on Jan, get out of the Big Orange closet!

Nou het ek lekker gestir. En eintlik wou ek net oor Baviaans skryf.

Bwaaap! Bwaaap!

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 09:58:09 am »
Hond se kierie!

I can see this Jacko is a wild one :D

• Race Dog
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 10:04:33 am »
Quote from: "Jacko"
Butch

Jy moet die Two Brothers 'zorst hoor. Een deel oordeelsdag, one part roling thunder. Oh, that sounds too much like a Hardly posing statement. Thing is, is sounds marveloush, as mr. Connery would say.

Binned the catalytic converter, ergo no more worries about leaded/unleaded. Just gooi hom vol, chief en hier gaat ons.

Also, the throttle pick-up is rather crisp and, ahem, lekker. I also subscribe to the notion: "Loud pipes save lives." Nothing better than to blip the throttle when I'm splitting lanes and some moron straddles lanes. Smoking. Open window. Mouth breather. "Bwaap!" Kief.

I have also lost plus minus 9 kgs of lard off the 1150 GS. Priceless. But perhaps the biggest plus is that me and Geelslang don't fit into the BMW "Lifestyle" mould anymore. You know, flipup helmets, standing on the pegs with locked knees and elbows - waiting for the Hoofseun/class captain/club leader/CEO/lynhoof/dominee/ouderling/kringleier to give some command or instruction.

PS I believe, no make that I am convinced Jan du Toit is a closet KaTooM admirer. I got my GS Challenge Red Route certificate and know that KTM's would do better there. Go on Jan, get out of the Big Orange closet!

Nou het ek lekker gestir. En eintlik wou ek net oor Baviaans skryf.

Bwaaap! Bwaaap!

Lets go ride Jacko. You've got a great sense of humour. Also in Kaapstad.

Offline Butch

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 10:12:40 am »
Quote from: "Jacko"
Nou het ek lekker gestir.

Lekkerrrr sousss! Dit keer dat goed nie vasbrand nie.  :D
Live and let live.

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 10:15:08 am »
Quote from: "LuckyStriker"
Hond se kierie!

I can see this Jacko is a wild one :D

Welcome, you seem to have all the qualifications to be a resident here in the nuthouse. My pig still has the cat, but I dumped the silencer. Sounds o.k.

Welshie  8)

"Trying to teach civil behavior to an asshat is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It can't be done, and it only annoys the pig." (jodyrevb)
An aspiring Coddiwompler
I want to grow my own food, looking for Bacon seeds

Offline Jacko

• Grey hound
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 10:32:55 am »
Ek bly in Sunset Beach. Waar is die naaste D/S manne?

I see the odd KTM950 in my vicinity. C'mon ous, look out for the yellow LOUD 1150 GS.

My missus went to the States for work and only got back a week or so ago. In other words, like Chuck, I'm waiting. Calmly. Mowing the lawn, being helpful in and around the house. Volunteering to do little things. Going shopping together (cue sound of teeth grinding), talking endlessly in coffee shops.

And then... a lightning quick roundhouse kick, followed by BWAAAP!

There's a lekker trip neeext weekend to Laingsburg. Maybe, maybe not. But like I said, I don't sleep, I wait...

• Race Dog
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 10:50:13 am »
I am in West Bitch.

So you think your Chuck hey? Coolio.........................

ps: definately going to Laingsburg next weekend......

But first Springbok and Clanwilliam this weekend

Offline >Herman<

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • If not now, when?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 10:51:02 am »
Quote from: "LiveInTheOutdoors"
Lets go ride Jacko. You've got a great sense of humour. Also in Kaapstad.

You still here LITO??? :?  :shock:

Cool, then I can chirp you even more....

Soooo LITO, you recon Jacko has a sense of humour because he praised the katieM and dished the BMW boys.... FOOK ME SILLY GEORGE.. you are lame!  :twisted:

Offline Jacko

• Grey hound
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 11:13:17 am »
What is a "BMW Boy"? My real job is a motoring journo. I have lost count of the number of vehicles I've driven/ridden/tested/jaaged.

Thing is, it's only a tool. Soos 'n graaf of 'n hammer.

Right now I ride the Geelslang. We are very close. Almost Zen-like. But my next bike? It will depend. I've done a trip to Nam on a 1200 GS for a magazine. Lekka bike. Done GS Challenge on 1150 Adv. Will do SA media launch of 1200 Adv soon.

BUT, I refuse to belong to things like "BMW Club of..." or, for that matter, "KTM Club of..."

The bike is actually incidental. If Vespa come out with a kief D/S boney tomorrow, I'll consider it.

That's what worries me a bit about the BMW Boys thing. I get nervous in big groups where individual thought is suppressed. Fuck, that's why I bike -because it's about freedom!

I like BMW's. But I also admire KTM's. Anything, as long as it's not a Harley. Because HARLEYS ARE GAY.

If they do a remake of Brokeback Mountain, they'll set it in San Francisco with two Harley-riding types. Leather pants, tassles, sleeveless shirts (ooooh!). Real Gay S&M. And call it "Brokeback Boulevard."

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 11:19:00 am »
:withstupid:

Offline >Herman<

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • If not now, when?
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 11:39:55 am »
Quote from: "LuckyStriker"
:withstupid:

Jip me too.

Jacko, I agree with you. I was just baiting LITO, but seems that he is not game.  :twisted:

I love my 1200 GS, but I like the KTM 950 Adv S as well (won't mind one in the garage, but the bank said "NO"). :(

Offline X Banana Boy

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 03:37:15 pm »
Howzit Jacko,  Look forward to your reports on all the goodies you test.  :D