Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Baviaanskloof - Paasnaweek  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Jacko

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
  • "Don't be a hater, yo." Riaan Cruywagen
Baviaanskloof - Paasnaweek
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 03:47:55 pm »
Hey Banana Boy I see you live in Atlanta.

Well them fellas from Immigration nearly deported me asap when I arrived there in 2002 en route to a Jeep launch in Montana.

Apparently my visa was "not the right type". I argued till I was blue explaining that hey, I DID NOT ISSUE THE VISA MYSELF and that some moron at the embassy in Cape Town decided that, based on my application info (which clearly stated that the aim of my visit was to test some Jeeps - Wrangler Rubicon - as a motoring hack).

But OH NO! In that typical nasal voice I was told that I needed an I1/I2 visa as opposed to the B1/B2 I was issued with.

OK, it has nothing to do with bikes, but... hell man, I nearly freaked out. Imagine flying god knows how long and then having to fly straight back. Airline food... aaargghhh!!!

Worse than a puncture ek se.
"The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug." -  William Cowper Brann

Offline Scribble

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • RIP Coco thanks for the great times
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006, 05:15:26 pm »
welcome dude i like the way you think
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline wino

• Old Boys Club
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 02:01:19 pm »
welcome to the forum jacko! do we now have 2 admirers of mr thompson?

Offline Jacko

• Grey hound
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 02:16:34 pm »
Yes, indeed.

Although I'd seriously reconsider blowing my brains out when I grow older.

Also, I enjoy no more illegal chemicals. Mind you, thank God rum & Tab is legal.
"The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug." -  William Cowper Brann

Offline wino

• Old Boys Club
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 02:21:59 pm »
no more bats in the desert then? :wink:

shark_za

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2006, 02:23:52 pm »
Jacko, come up to JHB and call my gay on a Harley.
I dare you, no I double dare you.

Offline Jacko

• Grey hound
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2006, 02:32:16 pm »
As a proud owner of a Gunsite hat (hey, I replied you on your query about riding and the best holster to pack heat) and great fan of Col. Cooper I have to reiterate...

Harleys are GAY! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

All those Village People outfits that go with the bikes. My mate had to endure a whole group of Harley riders on the R27 leading north. THey rode in formation, all 20 of them @ about 100 km/h. It was impossible to overtake. Did they yield? Nooo. But then, the one oke had a numberplate that read WOLFMAN WP. Fucking :lol:  :lol:

All together now: "Young man! Ta-ra-ra-ra, I said Young man... It's fun at the Y-M-C-A!

shark_za

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2006, 02:37:28 pm »
I have a buddy who has a harley, riding with him is such a pain, he rides so slow.
So he just recently bought a bigger one, and I get to ride his old one if we ever ride together.
It makes more sense than being frustrated on that speed bike that is the great Afrika Single, the KLR Six Fiddy.

Offline Grootseun

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2006, 02:53:35 pm »
Hi, my name is Grootseun and my boss rides a Harley....

i have never ridden with him and i dont really plan to. As for being gay... he's surely not. He's a pretty cool boss he has his reasons for buying a harley.. and i respect that.. just as he respects my choice of ride...

but i still dont like them... ever found one lanesplitting?... they all look shaky and difficult to ride if not cruising...

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2006, 03:14:01 pm »
Quote from: "Grootseun"
Hi, my name is Grootseun and my boss rides a Harley...
:D  :D I hope you don't start your sentences like that in the real world

Offline X Banana Boy

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2006, 03:21:49 pm »
Quote from: "Jacko"
Hey Banana Boy I see you live in Atlanta.

Well them fellas from Immigration nearly deported me asap when I arrived there in 2002 en route to a Jeep launch in Montana.

Apparently my visa was "not the right type". I argued till I was blue explaining that hey, I DID NOT ISSUE THE VISA MYSELF and that some moron at the embassy in Cape Town decided that, based on my application info (which clearly stated that the aim of my visit was to test some Jeeps - Wrangler Rubicon - as a motoring hack).

But OH NO! In that typical nasal voice I was told that I needed an I1/I2 visa as opposed to the B1/B2 I was issued with.

OK, it has nothing to do with bikes, but... hell man, I nearly freaked out. Imagine flying god knows how long and then having to fly straight back. Airline food... aaargghhh!!!

Worse than a puncture ek se.

Ya the immigration officials can be a challenge.  Here in Coonlanta, they certainly have the attitude.   I have just got my US passport so i can cruise thru US immigration and SA immigration.  hehehe  And that plane ride is veeerrrrry long, especially if you are in cattle class.  I did the trip last May with my family, kids were 1 and 3.  I know the pain.