AMAGEZA 2013 - COST (NOT) EXCEEDING THE VALUE OF THE EXPERIENCE?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orangeswifty

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
At the risk of being ostrasized by the organisers!
I may be chucking the cat among the pigeons here but it may be necessary NOW to get a straight answer from Alex regarding the cost per entrant for the 2013 Amageza rally!!!
It has come to my attention that the cost may be as much as R10 000.00 per entry!
If that is the case i am deffinitely OUT for next year!

There are a couple of things to consider:

1) Is next year going to be a MSA Sanctioned event as widely publicised by Alex and co at last year's Amageza?
2) If yes above contributes greatly to securing a sponsor for the event! Sponsors need coverage which means eyes on  the event, be it spectators, radio , tv coverage , or any other publicized media! :deal:
3) Will spectators be allowed to view the event from designated points? - not like last year where spectators
'were not welcome!!!' ::)
4) Is it really necessary to increase costs with cumbersome  and expensive controls to ensure that riders conform to rules? What is the necessity of that if it is not an MSA sanctioned event, thus not a 'race' and therefor just another 'cross country ride' organised en masse? No race , no winners, no coverage for sponsors, no prizes? :dontknow: :dontknow:
5) Considering the costs one has to realise the magnitude beforehand - 10K entry, 5K petrol to get to the event (trailering at least 3000km there and back from Gauteng, KZN AND Western Cape participants!) another 1.5K for petrol during the event possible loss of income for business owners for 3 days - minimum of 6K, preparation for event - tyres, services, kit, etc.... - 6K Minimum Total - 28.5K  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ??? ??? ??? ???
6) Lastly but not the least - 2012 Amageza participants like myself are currently considering purchasing an extra bike for instance a 450KTM to be able to compete against other riders who do NOT take heavy DS or adventure bikes (because of the difficulty grading of the event) and go to the cost of rebuilding or kitting out the bike - 30K ?????

Total - almost 60K????

WTF? - CAN WE GET SOME ANSWERS PLEASE - Stop beating about the bush!